Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccinesdoses meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said

On 1/29/2021 8:48 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 07:43:23 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:41:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:11:15 -0500, wrote:

Should we wait until we get a vaccine that prevents the Brazil
mutation?
The current one is predicted as being 50% effective, a coin toss.
The effectiveness on the C-19 is 95%. A slot machine.
How bad is your medical plan if you have to come here to ask for medical
advice? :-)

I don't think the root of his problems is his medical plan. Calling a 95%
effective vaccine a slot machine says it all.

Why not?
Putting your quarter in a slot machine is ~95% effective over time.
(at least the ones close to the door) Statistically you get back about
95% of what you put in.
C-19 Covid vaccine protects about 95% of those vaccinated.
Just like the slots you can have a lucky streak and vaccinate 475
people with no infections and the next 25 you vaccinate could get
infected next week. It is going to be more random tho.

The current vaccines protect 95% of people from significant infections.
In the initial testing of the pfizer vaccine, of he 42,000 people they
administered the 2 doses to, there was ONE "serious" case. That is NO
SLOT MACHNE.