Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Joe Biden says all governors should mandate Chinese N-Zero masks for3 months

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the next three months as a minimum," the former vice president told reporters after he and his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, received a briefing on the pandemic from public health experts.

Wearing masks, he said, "is going to get our kids back to school sooner and safer" and would "get our businesses back long-term."

"Look, this is America. Be a patriot," Biden said in a message directed at those resistant to wearing masks. "Protect your fellow citizens. Step up. Do the right thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpcf_vgU1Q

(Story from CNN so it's gospel_4)

Posted to alt.home.repair

After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to implement
mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so would save
40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the
next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am
nowhere near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-08-13 17:07, FromTheRafters wrote:
"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside
for the nextÂ*threeÂ*monthsÂ*asÂ*aÂ*minimum,"

WhyÂ*outside?Â*andÂ*whyÂ*onlyÂ*singleÂ*Americans?

Great split infinitive!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2020 8:07 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to
implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing
so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside
for the next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am
nowhere near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.

Most of us know he meant outside the home among others.

We also know that Trump stirred up **** to say it was going to be a
Presidential edict which it is not. Biden clearly stated governors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 7:49:20 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/13/2020 8:07 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to
implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing
so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside
for the next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am
nowhere near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.

Most of us know he meant outside the home among others.

We also know that Trump stirred up **** to say it was going to be a
Presidential edict which it is not. Biden clearly stated governors.

+1

This continuing disaster will provide Biden an opportunity to do more of
this, go on record saying what he would be doing. Biden on the right track,
cool, calm, factual, science and health based, presidential, while Trump
hysterically flails around, blowing in the wind, like one of those
inflatable outdoor Halloween clowns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski explained on 8/14/2020 :
On 8/13/2020 8:07 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to implement
mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so would save
40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for
the next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am nowhere
near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.

Most of us know he meant outside the home among others.

Oh, the old "well, you know what I meant" defense for lazy language.

We also know that Trump stirred up **** to say it was going to be a
Presidential edict which it is not. Biden clearly stated governors.

A public speaker should not leave it up to individual interpretation,
he or she should state explicitly what is meant. This 'off the cuff'
stuff is great fodder for the opposition, he should have a speechwriter
working for him if he wants to win.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 19:33:09 -0400, devnull wrote:

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the next three months as a minimum," the former vice president told reporters after he and his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, received a briefing on the pandemic from public health experts.

Wearing masks, he said, "is going to get our kids back to school sooner and safer" and would "get our businesses back long-term."

"Look, this is America. Be a patriot," Biden said in a message directed at those resistant to wearing masks. "Protect your fellow citizens. Step up. Do the right thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpcf_vgU1Q

(Story from CNN so it's gospel_4)

The stupidity is thinking that if everyone just wore a mask for 3
months this virus would just go away.
I know Rod and Trader like to point to islands and autocratic states
and say "see masks work" but they ignore the fact that they
effectively closed their borders and forced EVERYONE crossing those
borders into government enforces quarantine before the virus had a
chance to take hold. We can't even start to enforce our borders, much
less quarantine people at the point of a government gun. We couldn't
even hold off the cruise ships full of Covid victims.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:35:05 -0400, wrote:

[...]

Too extreme, as usual. No shades of gray with you, just black and white.
There is every reason to believe that a high percentage of mask-wearing
would bring the numbers under control. That's not as good as your "go away"
criteria, but it's far better than the wildly uncontrolled situation we
have now, with a thousand people a day being killed by the virus.

You hate to hear it, but look at the vast majority of the rest of the world
for examples of how to do it and be successful. Look at the US as a shining
example of how not to do it.

I know Rod and Trader like to point to islands and autocratic states
and say "see masks work" but they ignore the fact that they
effectively closed their borders and forced EVERYONE crossing those
borders into government enforces quarantine before the virus had a
chance to take hold. We can't even start to enforce our borders, much
less quarantine people at the point of a government gun. We couldn't

More of your "it's too hard, let's do nothing" approach. How is that
working out for you suckers in Florida?

even hold off the cruise ships full of Covid victims.

Why would anyone want to "hold off" the cruise ships? Do you think they'd
magically shrug it off or something?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Having fun thrashing that straw man ?

I know Rod and Trader like to point to islands and autocratic states

Another bare faced lie with Austria alone.

and say "see masks work"

I have never ever said anything of the sort you lying arsehole.

but they ignore the fact that they effectively closed
their borders and forced EVERYONE crossing those
borders into government enforces quarantine
before the virus had a chance to take hold.

Another bare faced lie with Austria alone.

We can't even start to enforce our borders,

Another bare faced lie.

much less quarantine people at the point of a government gun.

There is no govt gun involved you pathetic excuse for a lying bull****
artist.

We couldn't even hold off the cruise ships full of Covid victims.

Another bare faced lie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 05:14:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

No need to point to China, SK, Taiwan, NX, EU for that anymore, though
I would hope you could learn from them too. We can
just point to NY, NJ, CT. We are the mirror image of the disasters in
your state of FL. You're setting record highs for new cases and deaths, compared to April, while we've put Covid down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/14/2020 08:03 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

The authors on the bible, the constitution. and other documents didn't
do a great job so you can't blame Ol' Joe.

I got a letter today soliciting a donation for the Biden campaign. It
included a postage paid envelope so I can stuff the crap in and send it
back to whence it came.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2020 10:03 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

Interpret? OMG everyone knows what was meant. You know what the deal
is but just like to pick apart anything he says. Only a moron that has
been asleep for the past few months know when the mask should be worn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 14:00:22 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

You still making the mistake of expecting "wisdum" from Fretwell???

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 21:59:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

" Joe" Pawlowski needs a speech writer too I see BG - I know you
"meant to say" only a moron -----DOESN'T know when a mask should be
worn - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I give him every opportunity and he never fails to disappoint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/14/2020 09:23 PM, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/14/2020 11:35 AM, wrote:
The stupidity is thinking that if everyone just wore a mask for 3
months this virus would just go away.
I know Rod and Trader like to point to islands and autocratic states
and say "see masks work" but they ignore the fact that they
effectively closed their borders and forced EVERYONE crossing those
borders into government enforces quarantine before the virus had a
chance to take hold. We can't even start to enforce our borders, much
less quarantine people at the point of a government gun. We couldn't
even hold off the cruise ships full of Covid victims.

The Dictator of New Zealand

She isnt a dictator, its all approved by parliament
and she has delayed suspending parliament for
their current election so parliament can do what
needs to be done with the new outbreak.

is frantically trying to blame their new outbreak on frozen chicken
parts.

Bull**** she is.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ood-packaging/

That’s isnt trying to blame that, and nothing desperate about it.

It obviously matters if the outbreak is due to that
so far not observed way of infection getting into
the country or if its actually due to a failure of the
quarantine of people arriving in the country like
say someone becoming infectious much later
than usual. after the quarantine time had expired.

Particularly when you can use the virus genetics
to work out where the infection came from you
can then stop it happening again.,

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN25801P

Whatever.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 19:54:03 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The authors on the bible, the constitution. and other documents didn't
do a great job so you can't blame Ol' Joe.

I got a letter today soliciting a donation for the Biden campaign. It
included a postage paid envelope so I can stuff the crap in and send it
back to whence it came.

That's great! That way they won't have to listen to your endless driveling!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 19:55:26 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The Dictator of New Zealand is frantically trying to blame their new
outbreak on frozen chicken parts.

....and the gossiping continues...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 13:23:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 22:42:01 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ood-packaging/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN25801P

Whatever.

Hilarious! The two resident senile blabbermouths at loggerheads now! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 15:00:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman explained on 8/14/2020 :
[...]

I'm not blaming Joe, I'm suggesting his 'off the cuff' remarks are not
helping him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski submitted this idea :
[...]

I doubt that very much. You sound like Trump with his "..and everybody
knows it." when it is not at all clear that they do.

You know what the deal is but just like to pick apart anything he says. Only
a moron that has been asleep for the past few months know when the mask
should be worn.

Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people
still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and
respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this
group.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the Chinese Communist Party.* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 6:45:02 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

Presidential edict which it is not.Â* Biden clearly stated governors.

A public speaker should not leave it up to individual interpretation, he or
she should state explicitly what is meant. This 'off the cuff' stuff is
great fodder for the opposition, he should have a speechwriter working for
him if he wants to win.

Interpret? OMG everyone knows what was meant.

I doubt that very much. You sound like Trump with his "..and everybody
knows it." when it is not at all clear that they do.

You know what the deal is but just like to pick apart anything he says. Only
a moron that has been asleep for the past few months know when the mask
should be worn.

Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people
still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and
respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this
group.

I think you're both right. Most people know what Biden meant, but he should
know better and not be sloppy with this major, hot topic, he should have
explained it in more detail. I was going to say, he should have said this,
but then I can't easily define the exact policy either. In the end, I think
it relies on having some common sense. Can you define it, explain it
in a sentence or two? Biden could have said governors should issue exec orders
requiring masks to be worn when social distancing can't be maintained,
but then Trump would say that Biden just said you have to wear them at home..

At least Biden is on the right page.

Posted to alt.home.repair

!commie explained on 8/15/2020 :
On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still
don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators
for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the
Chinese Communist Party.* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do my
best to keep it that way.

Both of my masks were given to me for free by medical professionals.
They seem to think that they are helpful in reducing contamination of
public areas.

Who knew!?

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 formulated on Saturday :
[...]

Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I would expect.

At least Biden is on the right page.

I agree. It is better to let the ones who understand the intent of the
message, draft the message. The spokesperson should then read it as
written and not ad. lib. when addressing the public. Not only to better
inform the public, but also to reduce the amount of criticism which
seems to follow every utterance.

Follow the CDC's recommendations. It's not just a good idea, it is the
law in some places. That would work for me, but what about the
enthralled followers of Trump? They trust InfoWars over CDC or any
other legit authoritative source.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/20 11:14 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
!commie explained on 8/15/2020 :
On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the Chinese Communist Party.* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

Both of my masks were given to me for free by medical professionals. They seem to think that they are helpful in reducing contamination of public areas.

Who knew!?

Masks were prolly stolen from their employer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

N-Zero wrote :
On 8/15/20 11:14 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
!commie explained on 8/15/2020 :
On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still
don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators
for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the
Chinese Communist Party.* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do
my best to keep it that way.

Both of my masks were given to me for free by medical professionals. They
seem to think that they are helpful in reducing contamination of public
areas.

Who knew!?

Masks were prolly stolen from their employer?

They handed them out at the hospital entrances in clear view of their
employer. That's pretty blatant.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 18:09:28 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Those states are still locked down. All that proves is if we keep our
knee on the neck of the economy the numbers will look better.
Florida is looking better too as soon as the dust settled from opening
the bars.
In the mean time New Zealand proved exactly what I have been saying.
One dock worker infected 280 people before they could stop it and that
is an island (one of two) with the strictest of immigration and
quarantine control. How would that work in the US with porous borders,
a large population of people in high risk industries that we don't
even know the real identity of and free travel nation wide? The
Westchester epidemic was started by one Rabbi.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 09:38:26 -0400, !commie wrote:

On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the Chinese Communist Party.* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do my best to keep it that way.

Sounds like a solid Biden voter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
[...]

You don't yourself. Those doing the testing and helping the infected
don't all wear respirators. And medical masks do help with personal
protection even tho respirators are more effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You see what you want to see.
If you don't you make **** up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 06:55:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

My Biden decoder ring is in the mail.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 11:56:17 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

N-Zero wrote :
On 8/15/20 11:14 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
!commie explained on 8/15/2020 :
On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people still
don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and respirators
for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the
Chinese Communist Party.Â* You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to do
my best to keep it that way.

Both of my masks were given to me for free by medical professionals. They
seem to think that they are helpful in reducing contamination of public
areas.

Who knew!?

Masks were prolly stolen from their employer?

They handed them out at the hospital entrances in clear view of their
employer. That's pretty blatant.

They were also supposed to be used once and deposited in the biohazard
bin but you are still using the same 2.