Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Joe Biden says all governors should mandate Chinese N-Zero masks for 3 months

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:35:05 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 19:33:09 -0400, devnull wrote:

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside for the next three months as a minimum," the former vice president told reporters after he and his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, received a briefing on the pandemic from public health experts.

Wearing masks, he said, "is going to get our kids back to school sooner and safer" and would "get our businesses back long-term."

"Look, this is America. Be a patriot," Biden said in a message directed at those resistant to wearing masks. "Protect your fellow citizens. Step up. Do the right thing."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpcf_vgU1Q

(Story from CNN so it's gospel_4)

The stupidity is thinking that if everyone just wore a mask for 3
months this virus would just go away.

Too extreme, as usual. No shades of gray with you, just black and white.
There is every reason to believe that a high percentage of mask-wearing
would bring the numbers under control. That's not as good as your "go away"
criteria, but it's far better than the wildly uncontrolled situation we
have now, with a thousand people a day being killed by the virus.

You hate to hear it, but look at the vast majority of the rest of the world
for examples of how to do it and be successful. Look at the US as a shining
example of how not to do it.

I know Rod and Trader like to point to islands and autocratic states
and say "see masks work" but they ignore the fact that they
effectively closed their borders and forced EVERYONE crossing those
borders into government enforces quarantine before the virus had a
chance to take hold. We can't even start to enforce our borders, much
less quarantine people at the point of a government gun. We couldn't

More of your "it's too hard, let's do nothing" approach. How is that
working out for you suckers in Florida?

even hold off the cruise ships full of Covid victims.

Why would anyone want to "hold off" the cruise ships? Do you think they'd
magically shrug it off or something?