Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Joe Biden says all governors should mandate Chinese N-Zero masks for 3 months

On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 20:00:31 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/15/2020 05:54 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 13:13:58 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/15/2020 04:39 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
rbowman explained on 8/14/2020 :
On 08/14/2020 08:03 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ed Pawlowski explained on 8/14/2020 :
On 8/13/2020 8:07 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to
implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing
so would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside
for the next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am
nowhere near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.

Most of us know he meant outside the home among others.

Oh, the old "well, you know what I meant" defense for lazy language.

We also know that Trump stirred up **** to say it was going to be a
Presidential edict which it is not. Biden clearly stated governors.

A public speaker should not leave it up to individual interpretation, he
or she should state explicitly what is meant. This 'off the cuff' stuff
is great fodder for the opposition, he should have a speechwriter
working for him if he wants to win.

The authors on the bible, the constitution. and other documents didn't
do a great job so you can't blame Ol' Joe.

I'm not blaming Joe, I'm suggesting his 'off the cuff' remarks are not
helping him.

Yeah, but 'off the cuff' is Joe. They used to be amusing if a little
weird at times but they're starting to become troubling. I don't know if
his campaign can keep him on script.

The debates will be a food fight. I may actually record these, just
for the clips. ;-)

What are the current odds on the betting sites that there will be
debates? Or if there are, what are the odds Joe will parrot the replies
being fed into his ear piece without going off script? One "You
dog-faced pony soldier, you wanna take this outside?' and it's all over.

I suppose an erudite 3d party candidate who doesn't say stupid ****
could take votes from both parties in that kind of atmosphere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Unlikely with trump supporters tho.

It might see more bother to vote but that wont
have any effect on how many votes trump gets
and that's what matters in a presidential election.

It will be interesting to see how many refused to vote
for hitlary who will vote for joe tho. imo quite a few.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/16/2020 02:31 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 20:00:31 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Jo Jorgenson was bitten by a bat; the article didn't say if she was
trying to fricassee it at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MFr1ufIuRA

The nineties are calling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:14:38 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 8:06:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 05:43:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 11:56:17 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

N-Zero wrote :
On 8/15/20 11:14 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
!commie explained on 8/15/2020 :
On 8/15/20 6:44 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people
still
don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and
respirators
for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this group.

Every time you buy an N-Zero mask, you're making a contribution to the
Chinese Communist Party. You've been duped.

My ancestors gifted me the best country on the planet and I'm going to
do
my best to keep it that way.

Both of my masks were given to me for free by medical professionals.
They
seem to think that they are helpful in reducing contamination of public
areas.

Who knew!?

Masks were prolly stolen from their employer?

They handed them out at the hospital entrances in clear view of their
employer. That's pretty blatant.

They were also supposed to be used once and deposited in the biohazard
bin but you are still using the same 2.

Doesnt matter when this virus only lasts for days on those.

How much cross contamination can you have in "days"?
New Zealand is trying to blame their cluster on a frozen food box that
was probably on a ship for a week or two.

Has NZ said that? First that I've heard of it.

Bowman linked the article a few days ago and I saw others but it looks
like now they are dismissing that idea and trying to find the hole in
their covid proof defense they constructed around their islands. It
does point out the futility of thinking you can simply build a wall to
keep anything out. That is particularly true when it is a virus.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 12:25:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

What's still closed are inside
dining, bars, gyms, large sporting events, large gatherings

That is locked down if you work in any of those industries. Florida
was doing fine until we opened the bars. We are just getting over that
mistake as we speak but it does demonstrate that this virus isn't
going anywhere. The under 40 crowd is really starting to buck and we
are seeing huge gatherings all across the country. I doubt we can
arrest them all and if they are "protesting" we won't arrest any of
them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:52:32 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

If there was a level field, a 3d party candidate might really make a
dent in the vote because you have plenty of republicans who don't like
Trump and plenty of Democrats who told Joe "No" 3 other times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 8:06:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 05:43:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

N-Zero wrote :
[...]

None that matter ever claimed that.

but it looks like now they are dismissing that idea

They havent done that yet.

and trying to find the hole in their covid proof
defense they constructed around their islands.

There is no hole. At most it might be that some
to test positive later than the 14 day quarantine
period and even if that turns out to be true, that
is no news, we have known that all along. Its just
not practical to require everyone to quarantine
for much longer.

It does point out the futility of thinking you
can simply build a wall to keep anything out.

Bull**** it does given that they had no community
transmission for 100 days and had no lockdown.

That is particularly true when it is a virus.

Even sillier than you usually manage. It has
always been possible to quarantine even
before it was known how viruses work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:52:32 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Cant see that having any useful effect given that those would just not
bother to vote. The most it would do is make it clearer how many have
decided that both are useless and how many arent interested enough
to vote or who have decided that their vote is irrelevant to the result.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:52:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 13:17:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 16:57:32 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Jo Jorgenson was bitten by a bat; the article didn't say if she was
trying to fricassee it at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MFr1ufIuRA

The nineties are calling.

The senile are babbling! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 13:12:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

pamela about Rodent Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 8:06:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 05:43:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

N-Zero wrote :
[...]

In fact it is now known that it is a different strain to
any of those seen in the quarantine hotels, so it is
now more likely that it has come in in frozen food.

And this shows that it can last for quite
a while on the packaging on frozen food.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational...toirs/12567168

No big deal if thats what has caused the latest
outbreak in NZ, just test the frozen food and keep
it for longer before using it so the virus dies.

and trying to find the hole in their covid proof
defense they constructed around their islands.

There is no hole. At most it might be that some
to test positive later than the 14 day quarantine
period and even if that turns out to be true, that
is no news, we have known that all along. Its just
not practical to require everyone to quarantine
for much longer.

It does point out the futility of thinking you
can simply build a wall to keep anything out.

Bull**** it does given that they had no community
transmission for 100 days and had no lockdown.

That is particularly true when it is a virus.

Even sillier than you usually manage. It has
always been possible to quarantine even
before it was known how viruses work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 06:59:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

WTF are you doing in humans-only ngs, you abnormal senile troll from Oz?

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent: