Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Joe Biden says all governors should mandate Chinese N-Zero masks for 3 months

trader_4 formulated on Saturday :
On Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 6:45:02 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ed Pawlowski submitted this idea :
On 8/14/2020 10:03 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Ed Pawlowski explained on 8/14/2020 :
On 8/13/2020 8:07 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
After serious thinking devnull wrote :
Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden called for governors to
implement mask mandates for the next three months, saying that doing so
would save 40,000 Americans' lives.

"Could save..." would have been a better choice of words IMO.

"Every single American should be wearing a mask when they're outside
for the next three months as a minimum,"

Why outside? and why only single Americans?

Okay, I was just kidding about the 'single' thing, but outside I am
nowhere near anybody and will not be wearing a mask.

Most of us know he meant outside the home among others.

Oh, the old "well, you know what I meant" defense for lazy language.

We also know that Trump stirred up **** to say it was going to be a
Presidential edict which it is not.* Biden clearly stated governors.

A public speaker should not leave it up to individual interpretation, he
or she should state explicitly what is meant. This 'off the cuff' stuff
is great fodder for the opposition, he should have a speechwriter working
for him if he wants to win.

Interpret? OMG everyone knows what was meant.

I doubt that very much. You sound like Trump with his "..and everybody
knows it." when it is not at all clear that they do.

You know what the deal is but just like to pick apart anything he says.
Only a moron that has been asleep for the past few months know when the
mask should be worn.

Moron's opinions matter, look at how Trump got elected. Many people
still don't understand the idea behind masks for source control and
respirators for personal protection - it is even evidenced here in this
group.

I think you're both right. Most people know what Biden meant, but he should
know better and not be sloppy with this major, hot topic, he should have
explained it in more detail. I was going to say, he should have said this,
but then I can't easily define the exact policy either. In the end, I think
it relies on having some common sense. Can you define it, explain it
in a sentence or two? Biden could have said governors should issue exec
orders requiring masks to be worn when social distancing can't be maintained,
but then Trump would say that Biden just said you have to wear them at home.

Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I would expect.

At least Biden is on the right page.

I agree. It is better to let the ones who understand the intent of the
message, draft the message. The spokesperson should then read it as
written and not ad. lib. when addressing the public. Not only to better
inform the public, but also to reduce the amount of criticism which
seems to follow every utterance.

Follow the CDC's recommendations. It's not just a good idea, it is the
law in some places. That would work for me, but what about the
enthralled followers of Trump? They trust InfoWars over CDC or any
other legit authoritative source.