Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline is back!

Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

In T writes:

Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Nope. In fact President Trump just endorsed the
increase to E-15.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2019 11:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

You probably won't cheer when you see the price though. Here it is at
least 50 cents more so your cost per mile sucks. At local prices it
would go from .12 at 20mpg to .129 at 22.5mpg. So, your gain is a loss.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/08/2019 09:40 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In T writes:

Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Nope. In fact President Trump just endorsed the
increase to E-15.

That was to peace off the welfare queens (corn growers) after he eased
the mandates to blend alcohol for the smaller refineries. You don't mess
with BigAgra.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 9:43 PM, rbowman wrote:
welfare queens (corn growers)

Good description.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 9:47 PM, T wrote:
On 11/8/19 9:43 PM, rbowman wrote:
welfare queens (corn growers)

Good description.

Can add Tesla to the list? Gee Wiz, us common folks
JUST LOVE to subsidize fancy cars for rich folks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

We've had both in my little world in Nebraska. The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon. I haven't done the math though to figure miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/19 3:31 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.Â* The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon.Â* I haven't done the math though to figureÂ* miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:28:57 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Why washing machines? I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works
just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2019 11:40 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In T writes:

Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Nope. In fact President Trump just endorsed the
increase to E-15.

All politicians are afraid to get rid of ethanol in gasoline because of
the economic impact on farmers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In T writes:

Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Nope. In fact President Trump just endorsed the
increase to E-15.

All politicians are afraid to get rid of ethanol in gasoline because of
the economic impact on farmers.

Yes, another lame excuse for Trump. I thought Trump was supposed to be
the different one, who wasn't a politician? And like Danny said, Trump
didn't just leave it as it was, Trump is increasing the use of ethanol.
But heh, at least he hasn't killed anyone on Fifth Ave yet. Though there
are a lot of dead Kurds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.Â* The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon.Â* I haven't done the math though to figureÂ* miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

What extra cost of maintenance? Gas with ethanol works perfectly fine in
motor vehicles. There are issues with small engines. And thanks for
bringing this up. Like Danny said, your super hero Trump is increasing
the ethanol mandate, to try to save himself with the farmers with crops
rotting in the fields as a result of his trade wars. You know, the trade
wars that Trump said were easy to win? just like healtcare was easy,
Trump promised lower premiums, coverage for pre-existing conditions,
with no mandate. Only morons could believe that was possible. Trump
never even put forth a plan. And when it all failed and came to nothing,
what did Trump say? 'Who would think healthcare could be so complicated".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 7:03:09 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:28:57 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Why washing machines? I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works
just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989.

Cindy Hamilton

T is like Trump. The faster we can get back to the good old days the better.
They want to ride around smoking big cigars in horseless carriages,
women and children fleeing before them, with big factory smoke
stacks spewing black ash, rivers that catch on fire, meat factories
with no inspectors packing rotten meat.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/2019 6:52 AM, trader_4 wrote:

What extra cost of maintenance? Gas with ethanol works perfectly fine in
motor vehicles. There are issues with small engines. And thanks for
bringing this up. Like Danny said, your super hero Trump is increasing
the ethanol mandate, ...

What "issues" are those for anything built in this century?

And Trump is _NOT_ raising the blending mandate level, simply making
some effort to enforce the actual law as passed "way back when" long
before he was around. The use of the small refinery loophole has
allowed refiners to not live up to the mandate.

Trump actually hasn't done much at all to really help the
situation...it's mostly been let slide as all politicians generally do,
other issues and competing interests cause enough pain to not make it
worth the effort to stick to one particular cause through thick 'n thin.

As far as being available, that's purely up to the local dealers as to
whether they want to carry the product or not...there's one here in town
who advertises it strongly but it's at quite a high price premium. I
guess there are enough that he keeps going but as Cindy points out at
least for his price differential there's no question ethanol blend is
the MP$ winner by a significant margin. Places with more competition
_might_ have a somewhat closer margin, that I have no data for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 05:31:51 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

We've had both in my little world in Nebraska. The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon. I haven't done the math though to figure miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.

Here in Ontariariario ethanol free premium is about 17 cents a liter
more expensive than regular right now 1.24 vs 1.07 (3.78 liters to
the yankee gallon) so an extra $0.65 per US Gallon. About 16% more
expensive than regular E10. With ethanol being about half the energy
density of gasoline it works out we are paying the equivalent of 1.17
a liter for regular gasoline factoring out the energy deficiency of
the ethanol. That's 7 cents a liter for the higher octane - about a 6%
premium which is pretty close to what I remember as historic average
(way back I'd pay a dollar a gallon for regular and a dollar 6 or a
dollar 7 for premium)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.Â* The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon.Â* I haven't done the math though to figureÂ* miles
per dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

The only issues I remember with ethanol blend were back in the
1970s when
it was first available here. Some cars had issues with pinging. Those
people
just wouldn't use it. Others had issues with plugged fuel filters at
first. The
ethanol cleaned up the varnish in the tanks which plugged the filters.
A new filter
fixed that issue.
Ethanol does eliminate the need to use products like Heet in the
winter.
I use it in my mowers without problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.Â* The ethanol
is considerably
cheaper per gallon.Â* I haven't done the math though to figureÂ* miles
per dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* The only issues I remember with ethanol blend were back in the
1970s when
it was first available here.Â*Â* Some cars had issues with pinging.Â* Those
people
just wouldn't use it.Â*Â* Others had issues with plugged fuel filters at
first.Â* The
ethanol cleaned up the varnish in the tanks which plugged the filters. A
new filter
fixed that issue.
Â* Ethanol does eliminate the need to use products like Heet in the winter.
Â*Â* I use it in my mowers without problems.

Because the gasoline with alcohol is a more polar solvent it does clean
the pipes and tanks from varnish and cause these problems. I also
understand because of this they cannot pipeline it and must transport in
tank trucks and cars. They also had to shut down gas stations to clean
their tanks or replace them. These are things that add greatly to its cost.

I used it in mowers too but a few years ago I made the mistake of
storing it stabilized in my snow thrower and had to take it to the shop
to have seals whatever repaired.

Use of ethanol as fuel was a zero sum game as cost of farming, making it
and all the other crap resulted in zero energy savings. The gas
companies said they could have made gas just as good without it but ADM
and the rest of big agribusiness greased the palms of all the
politicians in DC to say otherwise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In Frank writes:

[snip]
Because the gasoline with alcohol is a more polar solvent it does clean
the pipes and tanks from varnish and cause these problems. I also
understand because of this they cannot pipeline it and must transport in
tank trucks and cars. They also had to shut down gas stations to clean
their tanks or replace them. These are things that add greatly to its cost.

TYpically the gasoline (no ethanol) is pipelined to
some reasonably local distribution centers, and the
ethanol itself is trucked over to them.

So the mixing (10 parts ethanol to 90 parts gasoline [a])
takes place there, and the new solution gets loaded onto
the local delivery trucks.

[a] soon, alas, to be 15:85.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

It is anywhere from 30 to 70 cents more a gallon here depending on
where you go and we have lots of stations carrying it. I think of it
more as a cult product than a necessity, particularly if you are not
storing it for a long time. I run it in everything with no problems. I
do have a habit, gained long before E-10 was a thing, of running small
engine equipment dry before I put them away. Old style gas used to go
bad too, we just want to forget.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/2019 04:11 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
The only issues I remember with ethanol blend were back in the
1970s when
it was first available here. Some cars had issues with pinging. Those
people
just wouldn't use it. Others had issues with plugged fuel filters at
first. The
ethanol cleaned up the varnish in the tanks which plugged the filters. A
new filter
fixed that issue.
Ethanol does eliminate the need to use products like Heet in the winter.
I use it in my mowers without problems.

Trip down memory lane:

https://history.nebraska.gov/blog/ga...st-time-around
https://www.historicvehicle.org/ethanol-timeline/

The first time I remember it being prevalent was when I was working in
Indiana in the early '80s. I was driving an '82 Firebird and didn't have
any problems.

This town mandated alcohol blends in the winter to cut pollution. My
highly unscientific observation is I have slightly decreased mileage in
the winter. otoh, I also spend more time warming up the car and driving
with a engine not up normal operating temperature.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/19 4:03 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:28:57 PM UTC-5, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline. Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Why washing machines? I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works
just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989.

Cindy Hamilton

Hi Cindy,

You have not looked at the review of the latest government
mandated washers lately. They rip your cloths up. They leave
dirt and soap on your cloths. Sometimes dry soap that
never got wet. Some don't even wet all your cloths. Most
won't allow you to lift the lid and check things. Those
that do, DRAINI THE DANMED thing before they let your look.
No high water levels either

And no hot water. Get use to spreading live fecal germs around your family!

If you like you current washer, REPAIR it! DO NOT get
a new one.

The only washer that will let you lift the lid, use hot
water, and fill to the top (only the top) is one from
Huebschb (Alliance) that is meant for apartment complexes.

Here is an add for one:
https://www.sargentsoutlet.com/SPEED-QUEEN.html

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/2019 05:19 PM, Frank wrote:
se of ethanol as fuel was a zero sum game as cost of farming, making it
and all the other crap resulted in zero energy savings. The gas
companies said they could have made gas just as good without it but ADM
and the rest of big agribusiness greased the palms of all the
politicians in DC to say otherwise.

There definitely was a lot of grease spread around for ethanol but I
don't exactly trust the refiners either. The drawbacks of TEL were known
for decades but it took a lot to get it out of gasoline. MBTE has issues
too but it was a cheaper replacement than EBTE. They could male more
isooctane from isobutylene but I'm guessing either MBTE or EBTE is cheaper.

EBTE does use ethanol rather than methanol but I don't know if it uses
enough to keep the corn growers happy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

We have the reverse situation here, everyone has 91 and 98 octane
unleaded and diesel and some have E10 as well. Very little of our
ethanol comes from corn crops. Thats always struck me as a
completely mad approach particularly when mandated by the govt.

Generally not good value per kilojoule but some are attracted
by the lower price.

Apparently few bother to stock LPG anymore, mainly because its not
very competitive on price anymore even tho we produce lots of it,
but mainly export it in massive tankers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 01:57:13 +0000 (UTC), danny burstein
wrote:

In Frank writes:

[snip]
Because the gasoline with alcohol is a more polar solvent it does clean
the pipes and tanks from varnish and cause these problems. I also
understand because of this they cannot pipeline it and must transport in
tank trucks and cars. They also had to shut down gas stations to clean
their tanks or replace them. These are things that add greatly to its cost.

TYpically the gasoline (no ethanol) is pipelined to
some reasonably local distribution centers, and the
ethanol itself is trucked over to them.

So the mixing (10 parts ethanol to 90 parts gasoline [a])
takes place there, and the new solution gets loaded onto
the local delivery trucks.

[a] soon, alas, to be 15:85.

In many cases it has been mixed in the truck.. Same with the
proprietary" ingredients. The "add pack" is dropped into the tank
truck, and then it is filled with "raw" gasoline. The add-pack is the
difference between Shell, Conoco, Mobil, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

" Pure" gas goes bad over a year or more - Ethanol fuel in months

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:04:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

You just don't grow as much corn as we do. The whole midwest is
growing wheat and corn. Corn seems to be the easiest to grow since it
is immune to roundup. They can spray the fields with roundup and
nothing can grow there but corn. That means we have lots of it and it
shows up in damned near everything, including motor fuel. We have a
bunch of natural gas but LNG is not as easy to handle as ethanol that
is stable at STP.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

A lot depends on how you store it. In a full somewhat sealed can, it
lasts quite a while,. In a fully vented half empty fuel tank it can be
gone in a few months. (Essentially absorbing a critical amount of
water and phase separating). The sealed fuel tank in cars doesn't seem
as bad as an open vented boat or small equipment.
I use my boat enough to keep the fuel moving so I don't have the
problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/2019 9:46 PM, T wrote:
On 11/9/19 4:03 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

Why washing machines?Â* I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works
just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989.

Cindy Hamilton

Hi Cindy,

You have not looked at the review of the latest government
mandated washers lately.Â* They rip your cloths up.Â* They leave
dirt and soap on your cloths.Â* Sometimes dry soap that
never got wet. Some don't even wet all your cloths.Â* Most
won't allow you to lift the lid and check things.Â* Those
that do, DRAINI THE DANMED thing before they let your look.
No high water levels either

And no hot water.Â* Get use to spreading live fecal germs around your
family!

If you like you current washer, REPAIR it!Â* DO NOT get
a new one.

The only washer that will let you lift the lid, use hot
water, and fill to the top (only the top) is one from
Huebschb (Alliance) that is meant for apartment complexes.

Here is an add for one:
https://www.sargentsoutlet.com/SPEED-QUEEN.html

-T

My year old Maytag can use hot water. There is an option for more water
too, but never needed it so not sure how much it fills. I always select
the "extra rinse" cycle too. .

Our clothes come out clean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/19 7:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/9/2019 9:46 PM, T wrote:
[...]

My year old Maytag can use hot water.Â* There is an option for more water
too, but never needed it so not sure how much it fills.Â* I always select
the "extra rinse" cycle too.Â* .

Our clothes come out clean.

Model no?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:04:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Thats a circular argument. You lot grow lots of corn to
turn into ethanol because of the stupid govt mandate.

The whole midwest is growing wheat and corn.

We grow lots of wheat but no corn for ethanol.

Corn seems to be the easiest to grow since it is immune to roundup.

We dont produce what grown ethanol we do produce from corn.

They can spray the fields with roundup
and nothing can grow there but corn.

Its much more complicated than that.

That means we have lots of it and it shows up
in damned near everything, including motor fuel.

Doesnt explain why we dont grow anything like as much corn.
Corse we do grow a hell of a lot more sugar cane than you lot
do. Nothing competes with that where its grown either.

We have a bunch of natural gas but LNG is not
as easy to handle as ethanol that is stable at STP.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I have a couple of proper metal jerrycan, the original german design
and standard fuel lasts for years in those. I used to use them when camping
and when I sold the beetle didnt need fuel cans for camping anymore so
it took years before I used any out of those cans and it was fine.

In a fully vented half empty fuel tank it can be gone in a few months.
(Essentially absorbing a critical amount of water and phase separating).

Never tried storing that because we always have the standard gasoline
available.

The sealed fuel tank in cars doesn't seem as bad as
an open vented boat or small equipment. I use my
boat enough to keep the fuel moving so I don't
have the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:39:41 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:04:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
[...]

LPG still makes a lot of sense for many users here in Ontario -
where there is no road tax on it. Not REAL commonly available but if
you plan your trips it's not a problem. Conversion to LPG injection is
not cheap, however.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/09/2019 08:05 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
In many cases it has been mixed in the truck.. Same with the
proprietary" ingredients. The "add pack" is dropped into the tank
truck, and then it is filled with "raw" gasoline. The add-pack is the
difference between Shell, Conoco, Mobil, etc.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/8c...5e40eeb3d8.jpg

https://tommcmahon.typepad.com/.a/6a...b977970c-800wi

I was always amused by the Sunoco 'custom blend' pumps. Pick your poison
with the selector and watch the 'octane' wheel spin faster for the
higher grades.

iirc the selector levers outlasted the spinning wheels when the
regulatory agencies decided the wheels were pure bull****. Nice
marketing though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:04:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

We have the reverse situation here, everyone has 91 and 98 octane

There's NO "we" for you! EVERYONE has someone to talk to, YOU don't, you
cantankerous senile cretin from Oz!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:11:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile idiot's latest troll****

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:31:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yeah, I have a

No half-way intelligent person gives a **** what you have or don't have,
senile troll!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 00:01:14 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/8/2019 11:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

You probably won't cheer when you see the price though. Here it is at
least 50 cents more so your cost per mile sucks. At local prices it
would go from .12 at 20mpg to .129 at 22.5mpg. So, your gain is a loss.

Maths is for communists.
Trump wins AGAIN!!!!
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T

****** We've had both in my little world in Nebraska.* The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon.* I haven't done the math though to figure* miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.

Don't forget to add in the extra cost of mainenance

Yes. Alcohol burns and produces ONLY water and CO2. No oily
residue to clog anything up. Cars that run on alcohol need LESS
maintenance.
I change my spark plugs every 30.000 Km. And they (and the
cylinders) are absolutely clean when I do. The only damage is from the
electrical arc.
My (only) gasoline car needs a change every 10.000 Km or so.
Gratz on the observation.
And there's the pollution problem you didn't mention ... OK, I
can wait.
[]'s