Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gasoline is back!

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:07:25 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 21:00:44 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 16:09:21 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 05:31:51 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 11/8/19 10:28 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

The local Mavericks is putting in two pumps with
for pure gasoline.Â* Yippee!

I lost 2.5 miles per gallon when Gasohol was forced down
our throats, thank you so much.

I wonder if this regulation being removed is Trump's doing?

Next reg to remove, those stupid regs on washing machines.

-T
We've had both in my little world in Nebraska. The ethanol is
considerably
cheaper per gallon. I haven't done the math though to figure miles per
dollar which
is the important thing.
Here in Ontariariario ethanol free premium is about 17 cents a liter
more expensive than regular right now 1.24 vs 1.07 (3.78 liters to
the yankee gallon) so an extra $0.65 per US Gallon. About 16% more
expensive than regular E10. With ethanol being about half the energy
density of gasoline it works out we are paying the equivalent of 1.17
a liter for regular gasoline factoring out the energy deficiency of
the ethanol. That's 7 cents a liter for the higher octane - about a 6%
premium which is pretty close to what I remember as historic average
(way back I'd pay a dollar a gallon for regular and a dollar 6 or a
dollar 7 for premium)

It is anywhere from 30 to 70 cents more a gallon here depending on
where you go and we have lots of stations carrying it. I think of it
more as a cult product than a necessity, particularly if you are not
storing it for a long time. I run it in everything with no problems. I
do have a habit, gained long before E-10 was a thing, of running small
engine equipment dry before I put them away. Old style gas used to go
bad too, we just want to forget.

" Pure" gas goes bad over a year or more - Ethanol fuel in months

A lot depends on how you store it. In a full somewhat sealed can, it
lasts quite a while,. In a fully vented half empty fuel tank it can be
gone in a few months. (Essentially absorbing a critical amount of
water and phase separating). The sealed fuel tank in cars doesn't seem
as bad as an open vented boat or small equipment.
I use my boat enough to keep the fuel moving so I don't have the
problem.