Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Gasoline is back!

In Frank writes:

[snip]
Because the gasoline with alcohol is a more polar solvent it does clean
the pipes and tanks from varnish and cause these problems. I also
understand because of this they cannot pipeline it and must transport in
tank trucks and cars. They also had to shut down gas stations to clean
their tanks or replace them. These are things that add greatly to its cost.

TYpically the gasoline (no ethanol) is pipelined to
some reasonably local distribution centers, and the
ethanol itself is trucked over to them.

So the mixing (10 parts ethanol to 90 parts gasoline [a])
takes place there, and the new solution gets loaded onto
the local delivery trucks.

[a] soon, alas, to be 15:85.