Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On 14/6/19 8:50 pm, GB wrote:
On 6/13/2019 8:44 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 14/6/19 5:53 am, GB wrote:
On 6/13/2019 11:50 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:34:39 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/13/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:42:07 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/13/2019 10:25 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 12:24:48 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/12/2019 2:49 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:44:21 +0100, GB

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:27:24 +0100, GB

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:56:15 +0100, GB

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob
Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any
attention to
these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an
electrical socket
to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.* The
second
one
is FAR
more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.* The electrician's union
owns more
government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you
referring to?

Did you read his post at all?* He referred to a union,
not an
individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all?* They
referred
to an
individual's union in each case.

You make the assumption he's one of the few who puts the
apostrophes in
the right place.

He's obviously not.

Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the
union for all electricians.

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of
people who
think
plural's take apostrophe's.

Go take your OCD medication, we're not interested.

Go take your illiteracy elsewhere, we're not interested.

Not my fault if you can't understand what everyone else can.

Not my fault if I **** on illiterates.

FACT: 99% of people do not put apostrophes at the end.

Where did you pull this 'fact' from?* Out of your rear end,
just
like
all your other 'facts'?

Only a computer program requires precision placing of
apostrophes.
The rest of us knew perfectly well what was meant.* Grow up.

Getting ahead in the modern world requires literacy.

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD, you stupid ****ing convict.

Any unnecessary rules are OCD.

There are no unnecessary rules in grammar.* It is what it is.

"It is what it is" says it all - you're a robot that follow rules
without understanding.

What's there to understand?* The grammar is there, you learn it,
end of
****ing story.

No, you use the rules that make sense.* Intelligent people know
which rules are sensible.* "Rules are for the obedience of fools and
the guidance of wise men".

Intelligent people know that the rules of grammar, which have evolved
over MANY years, are a given and are sensible.* If everyone started
making up their own grammar rules, you'd end up without a ****ing
language.

You really haven't studied the English language and literature to any
great depth, have you?

I really have.* Have you?

Quite a lot. Why don't you study the history of the English language and
you would soon see how foolish your statement vis a vis the rules of
grammar (in English) really is.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/14/2019 4:10 AM, Xeno wrote:
On 14/6/19 8:48 pm, GB wrote:
On 6/13/2019 8:34 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 14/6/19 7:01 am, GB wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 20:50:47 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/13/2019 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 19:36:19 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/13/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:33:25 +0100, GB
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Corse it is

Of course it's not, you stupid ****ing illiterate convict.

Calling someone a convict who was most likely born over there
is pretty
stupid don't you think?

Far from it.* If he wasn't transported there himself, he's
descended
from someone who was and has inherited criminal tendencies.* Same
****ing difference.

Why would you inherit criminal tendencies?

For the same reason you inherit other characteristics from your
parents.
It's called bad blood in the trade.

No no no, god gives you your characteristics doesn't he?* That's
what you morons believe.

Who told you that horse****?* God has nothing to do with what
characteristics you inherit.* Apart from original sin, of course.

I thought you thought of yourself as brighter than the rest?

I obviously am.

No, you show yourself up as an idiot every time you post.* Aren't
you
the one who was going on about god earlier?

We already know you're a complete moron, and to make it worse, you
don't
believe in God.

That's because I have the brains to know he isn't there.

You simply don't have the intelligence to think 'outside the box'.

Trusting to a *belief system* is *thinking*? Much less thinking
outside the box?

Yes.* You got a ****ing problem with that?

I have a bridge to sell you.

It's not the Brooklyn Bridge, is it? I already own that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 6:21:06 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 22:47:24 +0100, GB wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So Plural and his mates have stolen apostrophe's apostrophe?

It's certainly beginning to look that way.

Talking of it's. Explain to me, logically, not just "it's the rules", why it's cannot be possessive. John's car. Fred's motorcycle. The tree's leaves. It's doorhandle.

It's about history.

"John's car" started out as "Johnes car" (the genitive form that English
has largely lost but German has largely retained). The "e"
was subsequently replaced by an apostrophe.

"It's" is a contraction for "it is".

"Its" as the possessive of "it" follows the pattern for other pronouns,
like "hers" or "theirs".

The rule that you dislike just because it's a rule helps us to quickly
discern the writer's intent, without puzzling over context.

To loop back to an earlier issue, I would have written "electricians'
union" to indicate that it's the union for "electricians" not
the union for "electrician", following the rule for making a possessive
of a plural noun.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

of ****ing story.* Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Rules of English Grammar!

Rule # 1* Learn all the rules.
Rule # 2* Learn all the *exceptions* to the rules.

Such as?

Most other languages in the world have *consistent grammar rules*.
English, being a *******ised language, is a hodge podge of rules and
exceptions with zero consistency.

All languages are *******ised to some extent.

English is the most *******ised there is to the point the written
language gives no clue as to the pronunciation. My wife's language does
way better in that regard with 67 consonants and 43 vowels plus a host
of diacritics.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 7:16:10 AM UTC-4, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any
attention to
these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical
socket
to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.Â* The
second one
is FAR
more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.Â* The electrician's union owns
more
government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you
referring to?

Did you read his post at all?Â* He referred to a union,
not an
individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all?Â* They
referred
to an
individual's union in each case.

You make the assumption he's one of the few who puts the
apostrophes in
the right place.

He's obviously not.

Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the
union for all electricians.

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of
people who
think
plural's take apostrophe's.

Go take your OCD medication, we're not interested.

Go take your illiteracy elsewhere, we're not interested.

Not my fault if you can't understand what everyone else can.

Not my fault if I **** on illiterates.

FACT: 99% of people do not put apostrophes at the end.

Where did you pull this 'fact' from?Â* Out of your rear end,
just like
all your other 'facts'?

Only a computer program requires precision placing of
apostrophes.
The rest of us knew perfectly well what was meant.Â* Grow up.

Getting ahead in the modern world requires literacy.

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD, you stupid ****ing convict.

Any unnecessary rules are OCD.

There are no unnecessary rules in grammar.Â* It is what it is.

"It is what it is" says it all - you're a robot that follow rules
without understanding.

What's there to understand?Â* The grammar is there, you learn it, end
of ****ing story.Â* Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Rules of English Grammar!

Rule # 1Â* Learn all the rules.
Rule # 2Â* Learn all the *exceptions* to the rules.

Such as?

Most other languages in the world have *consistent grammar rules*.
English, being a *******ised language, is a hodge podge of rules and
exceptions with zero consistency.

All languages are *******ised to some extent.

English is the most *******ised there is to the point the written
language gives no clue as to the pronunciation. My wife's language does
way better in that regard with 67 consonants and 43 vowels plus a host
of diacritics.

I won't deny that English is a hodgpodge. I blame William the Conqueror
for a lot of its problems. The fact that spelling wasn't codified until
quite late in the game bears a lot of the blame, too.

At least English doesn't have a committee telling people how to use
their language.

However, it is simple to learn enough to get by in English. Its
loose rules make it easy to understand fractured syntax.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/14/2019 4:16 AM, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No examples, then?

Pronunciation has **** all to do with grammar rules.

My wife's language does
way better in that regard with 67 consonants and 43 vowels plus a host
of diacritics.

Ah, sounds like a gook.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/14/2019 4:12 AM, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

[...]

There's no evidence for that. You confuse pronunciation with grammar rules.

Why don't you study the history of the English language and
you would soon see how foolish your statement vis a vis the rules of
grammar (in English) really is.

Why don't you take your own advice and you would soon see it isn't.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default It's REAL DUMB serb nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:56:35 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, making an ass of herself as "GB", farted again:

You're only aware of what

You BOTH are ONLY aware of the **** that keeps constantly fomenting in your
deranged psychopathic heads!

"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:48:59 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Yes. You got a ****ing problem with that?

BOTH of you idiots suffer from a clinically insanity problem!

--
Dumb anal serb peasant Goran Razovic and her "Latin" she learned from her
limey priests:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 21:10:28 +1000, Xeno, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile Australian idiot, blathered:

I have a bridge to sell you.

All you got for him is your senile gob to suck him off with, you notorious
sucker of troll cock!

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:13:16 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

It's not the Brooklyn Bridge, is it? I already own that.

What DO you "own" other than the **** you got for brains, eh, dumb gay anal
Razovic?

--
More from dumb anal Goran Razovic's anal world:
"In excremento veritas."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:05:10 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Unlikely, given his Usenet persona. There's definitely some bad convict
blood there.

Somewhat like with your bad slavic blood, gay anal Razovic, you ridiculous
"Brit" and "WASP" wannabe? G

--
serb bitch Razovic, our resident psychopath and "WASP" wannabe correcting
British posters' CORRECT English over at uk.rec.cars.maintenance:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

In message , GB
writes

.

1. 'It' is a pronoun. The others are not. Using it's as the
possessive would be like using he's or him's instead of his.

2. For the intelligent and literate among us, it helps to identify the
stupid and illiterate.

A surprising number of otherwise apparently clever and literate people
consistently follow the dim and illiterate use of 'it's' when they mean
'its' - but rarely vice versa.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:49:51 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

What about the message 'rule' that says to only quote a few lines insted
of the whole message.

There is no such rule.

There is, of course, asshole troll!

I seldom look at messages that are a page or more
long and then have one or two sentences at the end.

Your choice entirely.

Well, those kind of messages depict your idiocy, gay anal Razovic. But then,
idiot that you are, you are "proud" of being an internationally recognized
idiot! BG

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:50:30 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

I really have. Have you?

Yeah, we KNOW, serb peasant!

serb bitch Razovic, our resident psychopath and "WASP" wannabe correcting
British posters' CORRECT English over at uk.rec.cars.maintenance:

"There's no such word as 'impending'. Something is either imminent or
pending but not 'impending'."
MID:

--
NEMO about our serbian resident psychopath and "WASP" wannabe, aka "The
Rectum":

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Troll-feeding Senile Australian ASSHOLE Alert!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 21:12:58 +1000, Xeno, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile Australian idiot, blathered:

Quite a lot. Why don't you study the history of the English language and
you would soon see how foolish your statement vis a vis the rules of
grammar (in English) really is.

Why should he, sucker of troll cock, when he can get you to suck him off
without studying anything? Just what is it with you senile Australians?
tsk
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:30:35 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

FLUSH the two idiots' ****

....and nothing's left!

--
Gay anal Razovic about her predilection, on March 23rd 2019:
"Jewish ani? yum!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:52:54 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch

There's no ******* around like you, you sick serb peasant!

--
Dumb anal serb peasant Goran Razovic and her "Latin" she learned from her
limey priests:
"Caco ergo sum."
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 21:16:01 +1000, Xeno, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile Australian idiot, blathered:

English is the most *******ised there is to the point the written
language gives no clue as to the pronunciation. My wife's language does
way better in that regard with 67 consonants and 43 vowels plus a host
of diacritics.

****ed up idiots! What has all this sick **** got to do with ANY of the ngs
you sickos keep crossposting it to? Care to explain?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:28:47 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Ah, sounds like a gook.

Nope, sounds like two prize idiots having an idiotic "conversation"!

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:47:17 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

FLUSH 89 lines of troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Dumb anal Razovic's confession on June 30th, 2018:
"Oh no I got a jew hair in my mouth from sucking jew ani"
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:00:23 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

it helps to identify the stupid and illiterate.

So which are you and which is he, Retardovic?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/14/2019 5:44 AM, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , GB
writes

.

1.Â* 'It' is a pronoun.Â* The others are not.Â* Using it's as the
possessive would be like using he's or him's instead of his.

2.Â* For the intelligent and literate among us, it helps to identify
the stupid and illiterate.

A surprising number of otherwise apparently clever and literate people
consistently follow the dim and illiterate use of 'it's' when they mean
'its' - but rarely vice versa.

Similarly you're and your...it must be that love of the greengrocer's
apostrophe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:15:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton, another brain
damaged, notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

It's about history.

Nope, troll-feeding senile asshole: it's all about trolling and
troll-feeding!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:25:05 AM UTC-4, Peeler wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:15:13 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton, another brain
damaged, notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

It's about history.

Nope, troll-feeding senile asshole: it's all about trolling and
troll-feeding!

You're ten times as annoying as any of the posters you complain about.
Why don't you get a life?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:10:51 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

A surprising number of otherwise apparently clever and literate people
consistently follow the dim and illiterate use of 'it's' when they mean
'its' - but rarely vice versa.

Similarly you're and your...it must be that love of the greengrocer's
apostrophe.

A surprising number of senile idiots has appeared here to suck your filthy
serbian cock, eh, dreckserb Razovic? Whoda guessed you'd get lucky here! LOL

--
Gay anal Razovic about her predilection, on March 23rd 2019:
"Jewish ani? yum!
Sodomised Jewish ani? YUM!!!"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 06:33:44 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile Yankietard, blabbered:

You're ten times as annoying as any of the posters you complain about.
Why don't you get a life?

Cindy Hamilton

Why don't you just stop feeding the filthiest trolls around, you mentally
challenged, senile Yankietard?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"GB" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Could be he was descended from free settlers who migrated during the
convict era or later. My parents, for instance, migrated in 1950 to
Australia.

Unlikely, given his Usenet persona.

In fact it is what happened. Not one convict in my ancestors
and not even anyone who has ever ended up in jail or been
fined for a criminal offence either. While mine showed up
here well before his did, mine are the same as his in that sense.
And some of them chose to go that particular island too.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/14/2019 9:39 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Obviously a lie. But what else should we expect from a ****ing convict?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Watch: Our three clinically insane resident psychopaths at loggerheads, AGAIN! ROTFLOL

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 02:39:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

In fact it is what happened. Not one convict in my ancestors
and not even anyone who has ever ended up in jail or been
fined for a criminal offence either.

But, it seems, some ended up in the loony bin. Or are you the first
clinically insane nutter among them, senile Rodent?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 09:49:56 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Obviously a lie. But what else should we expect from a ****ing convict?

I doubt the 85-year-old senile fool, like you, is able to **** at all,
housebound, anal Razovic!

psychopath, aka "The Rectum":

she can't get out of the house anymore,
she got NOBODY to talk to anymore,
she can't **** anymore,
she got no life outside Usenet AT ALL!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Jimbo
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article , Xeno
wrote:

The science on climate change was *settled* in 1981 according to a
report put out at the time.

Science is *never* "settled", as anyone who knows anything about it -
not you, it would seem - will say.

Newtons Laws and evolution clearly are.

Newton's Laws are not the last word.

You said settled, not the last word.

What d'ye think Einstein's General
Relativity was all about.

You cant ignore evolution, that is indeed settled, even
tho all the detail has not yet been fully elaborated.

Posted to uk.legal, uk.d-i-y, alt.home.repair, uk.rec.driving

On 14 Jun 2019, Tim Streater wrote
(in t):

In , Xeno
wrote:

On 14/6/19 6:31 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
In , Xeno
wrote:

The science on climate change was *settled* in 1981 according to a
report put out at the time.

Science is *never* "settled", as anyone who knows anything about it -
not you, it would seem - will say.

Not my word, the word of climate scientists in general. All that has
happened since 1981 has been further confirmation of what was determined
in the 81 report.

Then they are not scientists, since any scientific idea has to be
susceptible to being proved incorrect. Note: Any scientific hypothesis
can be proved untrue. It can never be proved true, however; all any
scientist can manage is to provide evidence that supports the
hypothesis.

This has been true throughout history. Time was when it was "settled"
that the Sun goes round the Earth. Dispute that, and the Catholic
Church would threaten to cut your balls off. Then along came Copernicus
and Galileo and others, who demonstrated that accepting that planetary
orbits could be non-circular, and that the Sun was the centre of the
Solar System, could lead to a *much* simpler and *more* *accurate*
picture of the SS. One which, moreover, could make accurate predictions
about where the planets would be in the future, especially when
combined with Newton's Theory of Gravity. But then even the latter was
replaced by Einstein's General Relativity, which works better than
Newton in extreme situations.

Since anyone disputing that climate "science" is "settled" gets threats
like those I mention above, I deduce that climate "science" owes more
to religion than real science.

Im not sure that I follow your logic.

Climate is not a hypothesis. It is a description of long term weather
parameters which prevail across certain regions of the planet.

Typically these parameters have been determined by data from 30 (preferably
more) years of observation. You cannot prove a climate to be untrue.

Areas of the globe might change from one climate description to another, such
as from Tundra to Cold High Latitude (or whatever the current description
happens to be) but the individual climate parameters would remain.

Similarly, a Desert climate could envelop parts of the world which are
currently classed as Steppe or Savannah. However, if rainfall increased in a
Desert, that could become Steppe over the decades. That would be true Climate
Change - not the snowflake version which relies on short term weather
extremes to persuade the ignorant MSM that the climate has changed.

If you really believe climatologists are not scientists, then you are either
extremely misguided or you are trying to stir up mischief.

If you wish to prove that climate science is incorrect, then it is up to you
to do so.

Are you a climate scientist? I suspect not.

"Climate scientist" is an oxymoron. I'm a physicist by training.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 04:36:58 +0100, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

On 6/13/2019 10:59 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Calling someone a convict who was most likely born over there is
pretty
stupid don't you think?

Far from it. If he wasn't transported there himself, he's descended
from someone who was and has inherited criminal tendencies. Same
****ing difference.

Why would you inherit criminal tendencies?

For the same reason you inherit other characteristics from your
parents.
It's called bad blood in the trade.

No no no, god gives you your characteristics doesn't he? That's what
you morons believe.

Who told you that horse****? God has nothing to do with what
characteristics you inherit. Apart from original sin, of course.

Every moron like yourself that believes in god told me it. Or have you
guys changed your tune to suit the situation like you usually do.
You're just like those greenies. Global warming suddenly becomes
climate change when they realise it might not be warmer but something
else. Let's cover all the bases. If anything changes about the
climate, we'll blame it on the CO2 emissions. It never would have
changed by itself....

The science on climate change was *settled* in 1981 according to a
report put out at the time. The only prediction they weren't quite right
on was the speed at which it would happen. They overestimated the rate
of change at first.

They used to call it "global warming", then realised it might not be warming but something else, so they covered all bases, just like religious nuts changing their tune to suit what really happens.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"GB" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Typical jump to conclusion attitude I'd expect from a religious nutter.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

It, John, car, cat, they are all nouns. Stop categorising stuff for no reason.

2. For the intelligent and literate among us, it helps to identify the
stupid and illiterate.

It helps to identify those with a life. You really are a sad boring little **** aren't you?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 11:50:30 +0100, GB wrote:

wrote:

There are no unnecessary rules in grammar. It is what it is.

"It is what it is" says it all - you're a robot that follow rules
without understanding.

What's there to understand? The grammar is there, you learn it, end of
****ing story.

No, you use the rules that make sense. Intelligent people know which
rules are sensible. "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the
guidance of wise men".

Intelligent people know that the rules of grammar, which have evolved
over MANY years, are a given and are sensible. If everyone started
making up their own grammar rules, you'd end up without a ****ing
language.

You really haven't studied the English language and literature to any
great depth, have you?

I really have. Have you?

You really need a hobby.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Only one ever makes sense in a given sentence. Show me an example where you can't tell if the writer meant "its" or "it's".

To loop back to an earlier issue, I would have written "electricians'
union" to indicate that it's the union for "electricians" not
the union for "electrician", following the rule for making a possessive
of a plural noun.

I don't see it as necessary. Context always tells us how many electricians we're discussing.

On the subject of plurals, we have one word for one and another for more than one (although some words don't even have that, like sheep). But we can't distinguish between two, or three or more. So why bother?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

"GB" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Typical gullibility I'd expect from an ignorant atheist.

I hope God really ****s up the rest of your miserable life.

Land sale legalities. Bill[_18_] UK diy 42 December 6th 17 12:14 AM
Off and Pop for changing sockets Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 63 December 2nd 14 01:15 PM
The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the top of walls/gates Tom Woods UK diy 68 February 22nd 07 10:18 AM
Trailer Brakes desperado Metalworking 2 January 31st 05 07:26 PM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM