Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On 6/13/2019 10:25 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 12:24:48 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 2:49 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:44:21 +0100, GB

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:27:24 +0100, GB

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:56:15 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to
these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket
to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one
is FAR
more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.* The electrician's union owns more
government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all?* He referred to a union, not an
individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all?* They
referred
to an
individual's union in each case.

You make the assumption he's one of the few who puts the
apostrophes in
the right place.

He's obviously not.

Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the
union for all electricians.

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of people who
think
plural's take apostrophe's.

Go take your OCD medication, we're not interested.

Go take your illiteracy elsewhere, we're not interested.

Not my fault if you can't understand what everyone else can.

Not my fault if I **** on illiterates.

FACT: 99% of people do not put apostrophes at the end.

Where did you pull this 'fact' from?* Out of your rear end, just like
all your other 'facts'?

Only a computer program requires precision placing of apostrophes.
The rest of us knew perfectly well what was meant.* Grow up.

Getting ahead in the modern world requires literacy.

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD, you stupid ****ing convict.

Any unnecessary rules are OCD.

There are no unnecessary rules in grammar. It is what it is.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

Getting ahead in the modern world requires literacy.* Learn to write
correct ****ing English.* And eat ****.

You're not right in the head.* Getting ahead means being understood.
And everyone except you understood what you moaned about.

You're a ****ing moron.* If you can't learn simple grammar, you'll never
get anywhere.

Funny how 90% of the population does.

How far has this 90% of the population got? Dead end jobs and massive
credit card debt.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

Which is easily understood.

Only by cretins glued to their smartphones all day. Are you one?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:03:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD

Corse it is,, ****wit.

Oh, look! The three clinically insane resident psychopaths are quarrelling
with each other again! ROTFLOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Our three clinically insane resident psychopaths are quarrelling with each other again! ROTFLOL!

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:33:25 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD, you stupid ****ing convict.

Corse it is

Of course it's not, you stupid ****ing illiterate convict.

BRUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Three clinically insane psychopaths at loggerheads!

Muahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!

--
Avenging Angel to dumb anal Razovic:
"You however are a stain on humanity that needs to be bleached out."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default It's REAL DUMB serb nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:42:07 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, making an ass of herself as "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Correct grammar is not OCD, you stupid ****ing convict.

Any unnecessary rules are OCD.

There are no unnecessary rules in grammar. It is what it is.

Now, where's the popcorn and coke! Gotta watch this!

ROTFLOL

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 03:02:16 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You're a ****ing moron. If you can't learn simple grammar, you'll never
get anywhere.

I was never stupid enough to bother and got far further than you ever did.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

I don't and its been for a ****ing long time now.

ROTFLOL! Now, which of the three idiots is the MORE psychopathic one? Let's
watch! LOL

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:31:51 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, making an ass of herself as "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:

I was never stupid enough to bother and got far further than you ever did.

You got as far as Oztralia...and you were transported there involuntarily!

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

I don't and its been for a ****ing long time now.

You people are all illiterate anyway...I don't suppose it matters much
out there.

BRUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! PRICELESS! THREE idiots at
loggerheads! LMAO!

--
Dumb anal Razovic's confession on June 30th, 2018:
"Oh no I got a jew hair in my mouth from sucking jew ani"
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

Banks are the stupid ones for lending to those who cannot afford. They lost, they don't have to be paid back :-)

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

Which is easily understood.

Only by cretins glued to their smartphones all day. Are you one?

No, my phone is for texts and calls. I wouldn't dream of trying to use the internet ion a 4" screen.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

"It is what it is" says it all - you're a robot that follow rules without understanding.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:33:25 +0100, GB wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Calling someone a convict who was most likely born over there is pretty stupid don't you think? I thought you thought of yourself as brighter than the rest?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:31:51 +0100, GB wrote:

A much better country than the overpopulated soaking wet ******** of the UK. I'd gladly swap places.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

I don't and its been for a ****ing long time now.

You people are all illiterate anyway...I don't suppose it matters much
out there.

They speak the same language as us, it's the yanks that are ****ed up with "stoopid", "aluminum", etc. And missing or adding syllables in tourist/terrorist, myrrh/mirror, can't/cayan't.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

We'd gladly see you swap places.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

I don't and its been for a ****ing long time now.

You people are all illiterate anyway...I don't suppose it matters much
out there.

They speak the same language as us,

No, they don't. They're barely understandable.

it's the yanks that are ****ed up
with "stoopid", "aluminum", etc.* And missing or adding syllables in
tourist/terrorist, myrrh/mirror, can't/cayan't.

Theirs is a different language and has no pretensions otherwise.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

Lending always carries a risk. Those who default on their loans suffer
the consequences.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

Which is easily understood.

Only by cretins glued to their smartphones all day.* Are you one?

No, my phone is for texts and calls.* I wouldn't dream of trying to use
the internet ion a 4" screen.

So do you spend all day glued to your smartphone texting people?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

What's there to understand? The grammar is there, you learn it, end of
****ing story. Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

Far from it. If he wasn't transported there himself, he's descended
from someone who was and has inherited criminal tendencies. Same
****ing difference.

I thought you thought of yourself as brighter
than the rest?

I obviously am.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Watch: Our three clinically insane resident psychopaths at loggerheads, AGAIN! ROTFLOL

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:31:02 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

We'd gladly see you swap places.

Who's that "we" you constantly keep hallucinating about, dreckserb? Is
that you, your idiocy, your perversion and your psychopathy? That's four of
you, so far! Did I miss any of yous? BG

--
Tony about psychopath Razovic:
"You have really made a complete fool out your self but you are too dumb to
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:45:28 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

This is getting boring! Therefo FLUSH all the psychopathic bull****,
again! LOL

--
Avenging Angel to dumb anal Razovic:
"You however are a stain on humanity that needs to be bleached out."
MID: XnsA91566FBA6562greyghost471bazinga@85
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:33:08 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, making an ass of herself as "jew pedophile Ron Jacobson (jew
pedophile Baruch 'Barry' Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:

So do you spend all day glued to your smartphone texting people?

So, you've spent the last TWENTY YEARS glued to your computer, trolling on
Usenet, virtually around the clock, haven't you? Your abnormal posting
history PROVES it! LMAO

psychopath, aka "The Rectum":

she can't get out of the house anymore,
she got NOBODY to talk to anymore,
she can't **** anymore,
she got no life outside Usenet AT ALL!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 14:07:45 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Not helped by it being wrong

You CAN add an extra socket as a spur yourself (subject to it being a valid
place to add a spur)

It's adding socket as part of the ring that you can't do

Why would one be more dangerous than the other? In fact it's more likely you **** up a spur, like using 15A cable because you only put one socket there.

The whole idea of the ring main is dangerous anyway. If one cable breaks, it continues working with inadequate protection at the fusebox.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

Why would you inherit criminal tendencies?

I thought you thought of yourself as brighter than the rest?

I obviously am.

No, you show yourself up as an idiot every time you post. Aren't you the one who was going on about god earlier?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 13/06/2019 14:07, tim... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane.Â* Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to
your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.Â* The second
one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Not helped by it being wrong

You CAN add an extra socket as a spur yourself (subject to it being a
valid place to add a spur)

It's adding socket as part of the ring that you can't do

Why not?

I added ALL my sockets that were parts of rings!

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

No, you use the rules that make sense. Intelligent people know which rules are sensible. "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men".

Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Yes, they're both pointless.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

And they ****ed up big time, hence all those banks going belly up.

Those who default on their loans suffer the consequences.

No, unsecured loans can **** off.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

Which is easily understood.

Only by cretins glued to their smartphones all day. Are you one?

No, my phone is for texts and calls. I wouldn't dream of trying to use
the internet ion a 4" screen.

So do you spend all day glued to your smartphone texting people?

No, I use it to send a quick message, like "running late, be there at 11."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 13/06/2019 11:16, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 13/06/2019 10:30, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 12/06/2019 19:18, Tim Streater wrote:
That should have been electricians' union and mechanics' union, as any
skoolboy knows.

Depmds on whether is unions for *an* electrician, or *all*
electricians.

Only in the latter case is the trailing apostropehe indicated.

If I recall, no specific individual was referred to.

That is not quite the point..

Its similar to the collective noun..

"a skein of geese *was* seen over london" (one goose is not a skein,
ergo there was more than one goose involved).

"a gaggle of geese *were* ****ting in the park". The gaggle didn't do
the ****ting -Â* some individual geese did.

A gaggle is singular. Hence it should be "A gaggle was ****ting ...".
If you want to say " ... were ****ting ..." then it would be "Some
geese were ****ting ...".

You are wrong, according to the etymologists.

Take it up with them

I realise that state education has eliminated spelling and english
grammar from the curriculum, but it still exists.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

And have the "convict" over here?!

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

I don't and its been for a ****ing long time now.

You people are all illiterate anyway...I don't suppose it matters much
out there.

They speak the same language as us,

No, they don't. They're barely understandable.

They're easier to understand than some UK folk, Glaswegians and Irish for example.

it's the yanks that are ****ed up
with "stoopid", "aluminum", etc. And missing or adding syllables in
tourist/terrorist, myrrh/mirror, can't/cayan't.

Theirs is a different language and has no pretensions otherwise.

They call it "English".

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 14:10:05 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Bob Pringle" wrote in message
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers than the mechanic's union.

unfortunately it was brought in as a safety measure (championed by some MP
who had lost a family member to a house fire caused by faulty wiring)

So one person dies and 65 million pay the price?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:57:55 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

nanny state.....

Indeed. We'd be better off with no government at all. Why should we have
a group of people watching over us? There should be a "none" on the
voting form.

like that bloke who hammered teachers for it and took drugs himself........

How does this relate to the conversation above?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:36:19 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

I obviously am.

Like what? An ASSHOLE? Oh, yes! TOO many people have said so already!

"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:34:39 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

What's there to understand?

That BOTH of you are clinically insane prize idiots? Oh, YES! LOL

--
Dumb anal Razovic's confession on June 30th, 2018:
"Oh no I got a jew hair in my mouth from sucking jew ani"
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

For the same reason you inherit other characteristics from your parents.
It's called bad blood in the trade.

I thought you thought of yourself as brighter than the rest?

I obviously am.

No, you show yourself up as an idiot every time you post.* Aren't you
the one who was going on about god earlier?

We already know you're a complete moron, and to make it worse, you don't
believe in God.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

Intelligent people know that the rules of grammar, which have evolved
over MANY years, are a given and are sensible. If everyone started
making up their own grammar rules, you'd end up without a ****ing language.

Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Yes, they're both pointless.

For morons like you who think that only the laws of physics have to be
obeyed.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 13/06/2019 14:07, tim... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane.* Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to
your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second
one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Not helped by it being wrong

You CAN add an extra socket as a spur yourself (subject to it being a
valid place to add a spur)

It's adding socket as part of the ring that you can't do

You CAN add sockets to a ring. You can even extend the ring (as I did
from my living room to avoid putting in a new circuit to the
conservatory, so avoiding involving either an electrician or the council).

SteveW
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Not helped by it being wrong

You CAN add an extra socket as a spur yourself (subject to it being a
valid
place to add a spur)

It's adding socket as part of the ring that you can't do

Why would one be more dangerous than the other?

Its not dangerous to the individual, it's the fire risk.

In fact it's more likely you **** up a spur, like using 15A cable because
you only put one socket there.

That's wrong too.

The whole idea of the ring main is dangerous anyway.

Nope.

If one cable breaks, it continues working

Yes.

with inadequate protection at the fusebox.

Nope.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

He'll have plenty of company.

No, they're not. They don't even use the same ****ing vocabulary.

it's the yanks that are ****ed up
with "stoopid", "aluminum", etc.* And missing or adding syllables in
tourist/terrorist, myrrh/mirror, can't/cayan't.

Theirs is a different language and has no pretensions otherwise.

They call it "English".

Nominally it is...but that's as far as it goes. Their dialect has
diverged significantly from the Queen's English...and yet she and Trump
are able to understand each other without interpreters.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

Nope, no convicts what so ever.

and has inherited criminal tendencies. Same ****ing difference.

Why would you inherit criminal tendencies?

That's how genes work.

I thought you thought of yourself as brighter than the rest?

I obviously am.

No, you show yourself up as an idiot every time you post. Aren't you the
one who was going on about god earlier?

Yep, and you can't get any more stupid than that.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

[...]

Careless lending in the past has resulted in the tight credit squeeze
you see today.

Those who default on their loans suffer the consequences.

No, unsecured loans can **** off.

No more credit for them, then. Ever.

You'll end up writing in textspeak, wontcha m8!

Which is easily understood.

Only by cretins glued to their smartphones all day.* Are you one?

No, my phone is for texts and calls.* I wouldn't dream of trying to use
the internet ion a 4" screen.

So do you spend all day glued to your smartphone texting people?

No, I use it to send a quick message, like "running late, be there at 11."

Probably while you're driving...drunk!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Bob Pringle" wrote in message
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers than the mechanic's union.

unfortunately it was brought in as a safety measure (championed by some
MP
who had lost a family member to a house fire caused by faulty wiring)

So one person dies and 65 million pay the price?

Nope, they get safer wiring.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 21:12:35 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 13/06/2019 20:55, Steve Walker wrote:
On 13/06/2019 14:07, tim... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket
to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The
second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Not helped by it being wrong

You CAN add an extra socket as a spur yourself (subject to it being a
valid place to add a spur)

It's adding socket as part of the ring that you can't do

You CAN add sockets to a ring. You can even extend the ring (as I did
from my living room to avoid putting in a new circuit to the
conservatory, so avoiding involving either an electrician or the council).

Yup, one of the (many) daft things about part P - you can extended
existing circuits to your hearts content, but not install a new one
without it becoming notifiable - even when the new circuit would be a
much better design choice.

(could we watch the cross posts,

All the groups are relevant. And why would you want to remove your reply from those in the other groups?

when replying to the Kinsey wank stain please?)

Why are you replying to my thread then?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Bob Pringle" wrote in message
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers than the mechanic's union.

unfortunately it was brought in as a safety measure (championed by some
MP
who had lost a family member to a house fire caused by faulty wiring)

So one person dies and 65 million pay the price?

Nope, they get safer wiring.

Even if they don't want it.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

People with a brain can choose which rules to bother following.

Do you think grammar rules are like motoring rules?

Yes, they're both pointless.

For morons like you who think that only the laws of physics have to be
obeyed.

I know only the laws of physics have to be obeyed. Do you stop at a red light when you can see there's nothing coming?

Land sale legalities. Bill[_18_] UK diy 42 December 6th 17 12:14 AM
Off and Pop for changing sockets Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 63 December 2nd 14 01:15 PM
The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the top of walls/gates Tom Woods UK diy 68 February 22nd 07 10:18 AM
Trailer Brakes desperado Metalworking 2 January 31st 05 07:26 PM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM