Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:57:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Its wrong.

LOL Something's COMPLETELY wrong inside your senile head, senile Rodent!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 2:27:51 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:19:24 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands. A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

That is not what the list you posted said in things you can do.

+1

The list is also somewhat contradictory and stupid in at leas some places.
Like:

DIY Not allowed:

Re-wire sockets or lights that are faulty and causing the fuse to trip

Allowed:

Replace a simple light fitting
Replace an existing socket or light switch like for like
Make repairs to loose wirings in switches, light fittings, or plugs
Replace light switches
Replace sockets

So if you have a light fixture with an obvious short, you can't
replace it yourself. And good luck enforcing that BS.

You're not allowed to install a "home entry system". What's that?
Security alarm?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:57:42 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:45:27 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home,

That's a pig ignorant lie.

Well that's what the link says.

Its wrong.

It is interest ring that the people who still live under a queen can't
read the queen's English

"Repairs you can do yourself

However, there are some jobs that you can do yourself without calling
in a qualified electrician as long as you are competent with
DIY/Handyman works around the house. These do not fall under €˜Part P
guidelines, so you dont have to notify your local building control
body if you want to:

Replace light bulbs or plug fuses
Replace a simple light fitting
Replace an existing socket or light switch like for like"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home,

That's a pig ignorant lie.

Well that's what the link says.

Its wrong.

It is interest ring that the people who still live under a queen

They dont.

can't read the queen's English

That isnt Liz's english.

"Repairs you can do yourself

However, there are some jobs that you can do yourself without calling
in a qualified electrician as long as you are competent with
DIY/Handyman works around the house. These do not fall under €˜Part P
guidelines, so you dont have to notify your local building control
body if you want to:

Replace light bulbs or plug fuses
Replace a simple light fitting
Replace an existing socket or light switch like for like"

In fact you are free to add a new socket to the ring main too.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:55:24 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket
to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The
second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

nanny state.....

Indeed. We'd be better off with no government at all. Why should we
have a group of people watching over us? There should be a "none" on
the voting form.
I don't trust a garage to do my brakes and even my wife can
do pads and discs well....

I do bugger all on my car, usually because something that needs
replacing is old enough to be rusted solid and I either break it, the
tool, or my hand, trying to free it. But electrical work is very
easy.

Prick.

I'll assume you refer to the last sentence. So, you can't change a lightbulb yourself?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:59:49 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news

news On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one
is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands.

Plenty do.

You'd have to be pretty dull to read an understand all that crap.

Yes, you are that stupid.

I'm intelligent enough to ignore rules.

A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you
couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

He was wrong.

Possibly,

Absolutely certainly.

I think he's just rather over cautious since he also owns a couple of
properties he rents out, which have even more stringent bull**** to
contend with.

Not on that they don't.

They do. He needs a safety certificate form a qualified certified bull**** electrician.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:26:27 +0100, wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:14:40 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:12:20 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.

What happened when you got to the bottom of that long hill and had to
go up the other side?

It does 130 on the flat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:43:08 +0100, Wade Garrett wrote:

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Pat Sajak said it best:

"Only when we have enough laws to properly govern our behavior can we
truly enjoy the freedoms of America".

He was entirely wrong. There is no freedom with all these rules. Leave us alone!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:56:15 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an
individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all? They referred to an
individual's union in each case.

You make the assumption he's one of the few who puts the apostrophes in
the right place.

He's obviously not.

Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the
union for all electricians.

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of people who think
plural's take apostrophe's.

Go take your OCD medication, we're not interested.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:18:24 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an individual.

Doesn't stop him from being a serial apostrophe abuser, however.

That should have been electricians' union and mechanics' union, as any
skoolboy knows.

Almost nobody puts apostrophes at the end of a word anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hence the whole set of rules is ignored. It's stupider than speed limits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You can do what the **** you like as it's in your own home and nobody inspects it. More likely to get done for speeding or some other OCD rule.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

He already has that and doesn't need a new one when he changes a failed
outlet
or switch.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default It's REAL DUMB serb nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 11:56:15 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of people who think
plural's take apostrophe's.

You got a hang-up about apostrophes, psychopath? Is there ANYTHING you do
NOT have a hang-up about? ANYTHING? LMAO!

--
The REAL "GB" addressing psychopathic loser Razovic on Usenet:
"You are so sad and wretched. How could one not feel pity for you? A
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 6/12/19 1:23 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.Â* The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.Â* The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

I know an electrician named Bob.Â* I also know a mechanic named Bob.

My original statement was:

"Bob's union owns more government lawmakers than Bob's union. "

But I realized that was confusing.Â* So I reworded it to:

"The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers than the mechanic's union"

I'll try harder next time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I meant its legal to do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 05:30:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It is interest ring that the people who still live under a queen

They don¢t.

can't read the queen's English

That isnt Liz's english.

HAHAHAHAAA!!! Auto-contradicting senile asshole!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:43:08 -0400, Wade Garrett, another brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, babbled:

Pat Sajak said it best:

"Only when we have enough laws to properly govern our behavior can we
truly enjoy the freedoms of America".
- @patsajak

Yet another senile idiot who couldn't resist taking the retarded attention
whore's latest idiotic bait, hook, line and sinker again! tsk
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

[...]

He already has what?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:06:33 +0100, Bob Pringle wrote:

On 6/12/19 1:23 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

I know an electrician named Bob. I also know a mechanic named Bob.

My original statement was:

"Bob's union owns more government lawmakers than Bob's union. "

But I realized that was confusing. So I reworded it to:

"The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers than the mechanic's union"

I'll try harder next time.

Tim Streater is one of those moronic OCD ****wits who can't understand a sentence unless it's perfectly grammatically correct. Like anyone places apostrophes' like that anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Apparently not, only replacing existing ones. If you add new cabling, you're a very naughty boy.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:56:15 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Go take your illiteracy elsewhere, we're not interested.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:27:24 +0100, GB wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:56:15 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Not my fault if you can't understand what everyone else can.
FACT: 99% of people do not put apostrophes at the end.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Not my fault if I **** on illiterates.

FACT: 99% of people do not put apostrophes at the end.

Where did you pull this 'fact' from? Out of your rear end, just like
all your other 'facts'?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

The safety certificate.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Only a computer program requires precision placing of apostrophes. The rest of us knew perfectly well what was meant. Grow up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Wrong, ask Adam.

If you add new cabling, you're a very naughty boy.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:59:49 +0100, Rod Speed

[...]

For the current state of the flat. If he modifies it, new work isn't covered. Obviously a certificate doesn't cover work in the future!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:30:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

[...]

Like he'd know any more than any other electrician.

If you add new cabling, you're a very naughty boy.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.legal,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:48:08 +0100, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

On Wednesday, 12 June 2019 18:12:21 UTC+1, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

Sure do parner.

Can Yank cars go around corners?

You're asking this in a uk group? Why did you snip the others?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an individual.

Doesn't stop him from being a serial apostrophe abuser, however.

That should have been electricians' union and mechanics' union, as any
skoolboy knows.

Almost nobody puts apostrophes at the end of a word anymore.

Some dumbclucks do it all the time. Even when it's not required. And
others don't do it when it IS required. English at its finest, eh?

It's not necessary unless you're a robot.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

It isnt new work when the socket or switch is replaced.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Corse he knows whats legal.

If you add new cabling, you're a very naughty boy.

Wrong, as always.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 06:45:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two prize idiots' latest bull****

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:27:24 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Go take your OCD medication, we're not interested.

Go take your illiteracy elsewhere, we're not interested.

Oh, yes, you are! In fact, both of you were made for each other! Same degree
of stupidity and mental derangement, you know! G

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:44:21 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Where did you pull this 'fact' from? Out of your rear end, just like
all your other 'facts'?

You mean he's like you in that regard, "Miss Recktum"? BG

--
The REAL "GB" addressing psychopathic loser Razovic on Usenet:
"You are so sad and wretched. How could one not feel pity for you? A
foul, loathsome creature, wallowing in your own filth. Never seeing the
light of day. A life utterly wasted."
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 21:49:14 +0100, Tim Streater, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Some dumbclucks do it all the time. Even when it's not required. And
others don't do it when it IS required. English at its finest, eh?

Nope, but absolutely idiotic trolling, baiting and troll-feeding at it's
finest, eh, troll-feeding senile asshole?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Getting ahead in the modern world requires literacy. Learn to write
correct ****ing English. And eat ****.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

Bull**** it does with that OCD ****.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 07:02:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH yet more of the endless bull****

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Land sale legalities. Bill[_18_] UK diy 42 December 6th 17 12:14 AM
Off and Pop for changing sockets Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 63 December 2nd 14 01:15 PM
The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the top of walls/gates Tom Woods UK diy 68 February 22nd 07 10:18 AM
Trailer Brakes desperado Metalworking 2 January 31st 05 07:26 PM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM