Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" writes:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

I'm not sure about that.

Bad brakes are less likely to cause:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chicago_Fire

While poor electrical work often leads to fire.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:12:20 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:13:11 +0100, Scott Lurndal wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" writes:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

I'm not sure about that.

Bad brakes are less likely to cause:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chicago_Fire

While poor electrical work often leads to fire.

Nowadays only in your own home, only endangering you or your own family. But if you end up with no brakes, you could kill many innocent strangers by crashing into them. Why do you think cars are inspected annually for safety but houses aren't?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane.* Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands. A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.* The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers than the mechanic's union.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an individual.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.* The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all?* He referred to a union, not an individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all? They referred to an
individual's union in each case.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:35:56 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:14 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:12:20 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.

And then you woke up.

Nah, the shaking kept me awake.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

nanny state.....I don't trust a garage to do my brakes and even my wife can
do pads and discs well....

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Commander Kinsey wrote

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home,

That's a pig ignorant lie.

but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety. The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all? They referred to an
individual's union in each case.

You make the assumption he's one of the few who puts the apostrophes in the right place. Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the union for all electricians.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
"Commander Kinsey" writes:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

I'm not sure about that.

Bad brakes are less likely to cause:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_London
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Chicago_Fire

While poor electrical work often leads to fire.

Not very often a fire that does any more
than minor damage to your own house.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.

But it wasn't a limey car.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR
more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

nanny state.....

Indeed. We'd be better off with no government at all. Why should we have a group of people watching over us? There should be a "none" on the voting form.

I don't trust a garage to do my brakes and even my wife can
do pads and discs well....

I do bugger all on my car, usually because something that needs replacing is old enough to be rusted solid and I either break it, the tool, or my hand, trying to free it. But electrical work is very easy.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands.

Plenty do.

A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you
couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

He was wrong.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.

But it wasn't a limey car.

True, I've only had one of those to 113. Downhill. Overtaking a policeman.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:45:27 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own
home,

That's a pig ignorant lie.

Well that's what the link says.

but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:50:49 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands.

Plenty do.

You'd have to be pretty dull to read an understand all that crap.

A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you
couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

He was wrong.

Possibly, I think he's just rather over cautious since he also owns a couple of properties he rents out, which have even more stringent bull**** to contend with.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:45:27 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own
home,

That's a pig ignorant lie.

Well that's what the link says.

Its wrong.

but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

wrote:

[...]

Yes, you are that stupid.

A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you
couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

He was wrong.

Possibly,

Absolutely certainly.

I think he's just rather over cautious since he also owns a couple of
properties he rents out, which have even more stringent bull**** to
contend with.

Not on that they don't.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:14:40 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:12:20 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:02 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Do those ****ty limey cars go fast enough to need brakes?

I've had a £500 car at 130mph.

What happened when you got to the bottom of that long hill and had to
go up the other side?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:19:24 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)

I guess it's one of those rules that nobody understands. A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

That is not what the list you posted said in things you can do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

This is insane.* Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

Pat Sajak said it best:

"Only when we have enough laws to properly govern our behavior can we
truly enjoy the freedoms of America".
- @patsajak

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default It's REAL DUMB serb nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:38:08 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

And then you woke up.

STFU, KKKoloon.

YOU just would like to wake up next to your beloved Colonel, you infatuated
possessive bitch! BG

--
"GB" adressing poor dumb anal Razovic:
"You really are painfully stupid, as well as deranged."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:48:21 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

But it wasn't a limey car.

Certainly no Ozzie car, senile Ozzietard!

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:47:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not

In auto-contradiction mode again, you clinically insane auto-contradicting
senile asshole from Oz? BG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:16:18 +0100, Brian Reay, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blabbered:

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

He's not irate, he's an attention-starved sociopathic troll who keeps
setting out the dumbest baits for all the senile assholes in these groups!
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:22:09 -0400, Bob Pringle, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

It's not about safety.*

Of course not, it's about get the attention of the dumbest posters on these
groups, senile idiot! tsk
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:50:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

A (Scottish, therefore not subject to part P) electrician told me you
couldn't even replace a lightswitch in England without a certificate.

He was wrong.

You two subnormal pathological trolls ready to trash these groups with yet
more of your abysmal stupidity? BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:59:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yes, you are that stupid.

Yet it's HIM baiting YOU, stupid senile Ozzietard! BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
GB GB is offline

On 6/12/2019 10:47 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:36:59 +0100, GB wrote:

On 6/12/2019 10:28 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

[...]

He's obviously not.

Most will write "electrician's union" to mean the
union for all electricians.

Only the illiterate would do that...the same sort of people who think
plural's take apostrophe's.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 10:36:59 -0700, clinically insane, serbian bitch
Razovic, the resident psychopath of sci and scj and Usenet's famous sexual
cripple, IMPERSONATING her master "GB", farted again:

Did you read his post at all?* He referred to a union, not an individual.

Did you not see where the apostrophes were at all? They referred to an
individual's union in each case.

Gonna have to watch this. Who of you two subnormal idiots will turn out to
be the more idiotic one? LMAO

--
Gray Guest about inferior Razovic: "You are a subhuman. You should not be
permitted to propagate your genes."
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:18:24 +0100, Tim Streater, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Did you read his post at all? He referred to a union, not an individual.

Doesn't stop him from being a serial apostrophe abuser, however.

Nor the Scottish ****** from successfully baiting all you senile assholes
with his retarded bull****!

Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

nanny state.....I don't trust a garage to do my brakes and even my wife can
do pads and discs well....

Now see what you get for it from the troll, troll-feeding senile asshole!
LOL
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 03:45:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That's a pig ignorant lie.

Nope, senile Ozzietard, it's another bait for all you senile idiots ...and
nothing else!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 6/12/19 2:18 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:23:22 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Bob Pringle

This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws) you
cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your own home,
but you can change the brakes on your car.Â* The second one is FAR more
dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

It's not about safety.Â* The electrician's union owns more government
lawmakers
than the mechanic's union.

Which electrician and which mechanic are you referring to?

Did you read his post at all?Â* He referred to a union, not an individual.

Doesn't stop him from being a serial apostrophe abuser, however.

That should have been electricians' union and mechanics' union, as any
skoolboy knows.

Heterosexual mails tend to be pour spellers.

Land sale legalities. Bill[_18_] UK diy 42 December 6th 17 12:14 AM
Off and Pop for changing sockets Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 63 December 2nd 14 01:15 PM
The legalities of putting sharp and pointy things on the top of walls/gates Tom Woods UK diy 68 February 22nd 07 10:18 AM
Trailer Brakes desperado Metalworking 2 January 31st 05 07:26 PM
FS: New: 24 Pin Sockets and 40 Pin Sockets Jerry Rakar Electronics 1 February 4th 04 09:38 AM