Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On 12/06/2019 18:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
This is insane.* Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these laws)
you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket to your
own home, but you can change the brakes on your car.* The second one is
FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

While I'm no fan of Part P and I'm not defending it, perhaps you'd be
less irate if you checked a decent source.

That one has obvious contradictions. Eg: Look at the entry referring to
sockets in both lists. (Item 1 in first list, 3&4 in second list.)