Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Legalities of changing sockets and brakes in England?

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:55:24 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:41:33 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news This is insane. Legally (like anyone pays any attention to these
laws) you cannot do simple things like fitting an electrical socket
to your own home, but you can change the brakes on your car. The
second one is FAR more dangerous to other people!

https://www.mglondon.uk/blog/electri...n-electrician/

nanny state.....

Indeed. We'd be better off with no government at all. Why should we
have a group of people watching over us? There should be a "none" on
the voting form.
I don't trust a garage to do my brakes and even my wife can
do pads and discs well....

I do bugger all on my car, usually because something that needs
replacing is old enough to be rusted solid and I either break it, the
tool, or my hand, trying to free it. But electrical work is very
easy.

Prick.

I'll assume you refer to the last sentence. So, you can't change a lightbulb yourself?