Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Can you teach me more about lug bolts & related tire tools?

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:19:16 +0000, alan_m wrote:

The UK government bailed out Dublin the last time to the tune of £14
billion. Any country that hosts financial institutions deemed too big to
fail will have to have deep pockets.

It was the most outrageous scandal of recent times, and yet you find
people like Dave Plowman cheerfully defending the indefensible. :-/

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
Scott Dorsey wrote:
alan_m wrote:
On 24/02/2018 13:20, Scott Dorsey wrote:

I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan

Isn't that just an up-market Reliant Robin with the third wheel fitted
at the wrong end?

They do still make the three-wheeler

It's actually fairly new. And horrendously expensive. The originals were
fun though, and still quite a few around.

but I was thinking more of the
4/4, which is still made of wood but has four wheels and a real engine.
It is one of the most fun-to-drive cars made today. And less scary to
drive than the Ariel Atom.

Yes you can have great fun with one at speeds that aren't scary.

--
*Middle age is when it takes longer to rest than to get tired.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:01:02 +0000, alan_m wrote:

Do you mean the same financial services the cost of which to bail them
out will be paid for by your children's children?

[...]

That was a bit cruel, Alan. Dave is not accustomed to being so brutally
confronted by facts.

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
Hope you are looking forward to penury.

--
*Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured goods
and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
so eager to promote.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:55:49 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.
Hope you are looking forward to penury.

Has it not occurred to you that the nefarious activities of hedge funds
in the City of London, Chicago and New York have crippled manufacturers'
capitalisations making growth of actually useful industries which export
next to impossible? It's just a more sophisticated form of asset-
stripping.

https://www.democraticunderground.co...s/duboard.php?
az=view_all&address=389x5369027

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 01:22:38 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:37:21 -0000, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

You really are a poor loser.

Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
at all?

He's got you there, Dave! ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 24-Feb-18 9:17 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/24/2018 06:20 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
** alan_m wrote:
If you are that worried about protecting British car working jobs buy a
car assembled in the UK rather than a foreign built car. If all those
advocating remaining in the EU did so then the production at UK car
plants wouldn't need exports of cars in order to survive and imports of
completed cars would reduce - a win, win situation.

I assure you that if I could afford a Morgan I'd be driving one today.
--scott

I wouldn't mind one of the three wheeled varieties.

A proper one with "Dog Eared" JAP engine is around £35K. Even better but
much rarer are ones with Matchless V twins, pay a £10K premium for air
cooled and an extra £5K tax on top of that for water cooled.

There is one truly "awesome" one with 2 Scott 2 stoke twins chained
together up front. Dunno if it was Green un or Blue un but the "Book of
the Scott" said tester said "overtake at 70 and then change up!", that
was when a fast car did 70mph and supercars (100SS) claimed to be able
to scrape up the ton.

Doesn't help current British manufacturing but the classic car and bike
industry is turning over £1m's and supporting 1000's of jobs each year.

A friend has an alloy bodied 4+4, it's about 30 years old now. The
factory didn't want to supply alloy body as they said flexing of the
body makes the paint flake off the alloy. He had them prime it with a
rubber paint. But I suspect the thickness of paint has negated the
weight saving of the alloy panels.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
alan_m wrote:

There you go then. We export very little in the way of manufactured
goods and financial services are actually a drain on the economy.

But isn't this the stagnated status quo that those wishing to remain are
so eager to promote.

And the alternative is? My point exactly. All we get from you Brexiteers
is some form of hope for the future. With zero plans on how to implement
things.

To me, it is like flouncing out of a reasonably well paid job you've been
happy enough in for a long time without having a new one to go to. In some
form of mid life crisis. Not the actions of a logical person.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

You really are a poor loser.

Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
at all?

Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

But then most will lose with Brexit.

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
If you know as much about Brexit as you do Newtonian Mechanics.....

You really are a poor loser.

Er, it's YOU that lost. We are leaving the EU, don't you watch the news
at all?

Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
mechanics.

Do you want me to refresh your memory with Peter's simple problem put to
you, that you weren't able to answer and squirmed your way forward with
excuses of your own inadequacies?

But then most will lose with Brexit.

I'm doing very well, thanks. The only pay increase I've had for 10 years
and more work than I can handle.

You don't work, do you?

And you own your own house near London that is likely to depreciate if
the housing demand reduces (or at least not accrue so much in value in
the coming years).

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
mechanics.

Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.

You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
find.

And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
kept coming up with.

So basically, a poor looser.

--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Forgot you'd not be keeping up. I was referring to Fred making such a hash
of using 'Newtonian Mechanics' to try and support a flawed argument.

You've proven on numerous occasions you don't have a clue on Newtonian
mechanics.

Thought it wouldn't be long before you tried to bring this up again.

You tried every trick in the book in an attempt to prove my original
statement about BHP versus torque in a road going car was incorrect and
failed dismally. Despite introducing every single red herring you could
find.

There was no trick, just a simple multiple choice problem put to you by
Peter Hill.

And got all upset when I refused to answer all the silly questions you
kept coming up with.

No refusal, you simply didn't have a clue. It was one problem, there
were no "silly questions".
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
more desirable.

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
of unproductive immigrants here already.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 16:03:47 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Oh I don't know, less immigrunts coming in and the place would become
more desirable.

Not sure if you've noticed or not, but there's already a massive number
of unproductive immigrants here already.

You can thank that King William for that. Send them all back to Normandy
where they belong.
--scott

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Gay ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:31:12 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The French are humans, we're referring to Arabs.

Who's that "we" you are always hallucinating about, you retarded piece of
sociopathic Scottish ****? There is NO "we" for you! EVERYONE who knows you,
thinks you are a sick idiot! I mean, EVERYONE! BG

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 23:17:27 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

I can think

Yeah, you "think" like an idiot "thinks", Birdbrain!

--
More of gay Peter Hucker's sociopathic "wisdom":
"Scotland isn't a country."
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:12:19 +0000, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

And increasing those numbers will only make the humans want to live in
London less, so lowering the cost of the housing, or houseing as my
council calls it.

Oh, you obviously have a Labourite council - and my sympathies.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 00:15:33 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote:

And increasing those numbers will only make the humans want to live in
London less, so lowering the cost of the housing, or houseing as my
council calls it.

Oh, you obviously have a Labourite council - and my sympathies.

Why would any *sane* person ever sympathize with an abnormal sociopathic
sow, attention whore and filthy troll like Peter Hucker?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

ultred ragnusen posted for all of us...

This is what I consider to be a typical pocket knife.
https://media.midwayusa.com/producti...365/365933.jpg

When you need a knife, this ain't it. The blades fold up faster than your
threads do in intelligence.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

ultred ragnusen posted for all of us...

Tekkie® wrote:

this is the same numnut

Tekkie, why can't you simply post an on-topic value-added response to a
technical question?

Why do you feel the incessant desire to continually troll with your
meaningless banter?

Have you really absolutely zero value to add?

When I do - which is often with your posts - I get dismissed by you and you
go merrily along your deluded way.

Why do use so many NYMs? Why can't you post under one name? Afraid of being
discovered or ignored?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:

this is the same numnut

Tekkie, why can't you simply post an on-topic value-added response to a
technical question?

Why do you feel the incessant desire to continually troll with your
meaningless banter?

Have you really absolutely zero value to add?

When I do - which is often with your posts - I get dismissed by you and you
go merrily along your deluded way.

Why do use so many NYMs? Why can't you post under one name? Afraid of being
discovered or ignored?

Obviously he is watching 'The Last Kingdom' and has delusions of
grandeur along with spelling problems.

Old Coats Tire Man manual tire changer oldjag Metalworking 19 November 28th 19 11:18 PM
How far can you drive your car with all the lug nuts removed? [email protected] Home Repair 29 October 18th 12 04:57 PM
swap me YOUR 12 x 1.25 metric bolts, I got tons of *NEW* grade 5USA 1/2 x 1 inch NC bolts dave Metalworking 4 November 1st 09 07:44 PM
you just can't teach class dIMM UK diy 38 April 29th 05 10:50 AM
Lag bolts vs. carriage bolts GonnyGump Woodworking 12 April 9th 04 01:52 AM