Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:09:30 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:18:26 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

To Americans real adventure is cheating death.

Easiest way to cheat death is to remove all sources of it, like bears.

That is why virtually all extreme sports come from here.

Most extreme sports are not cheating death, they are using technology for thrills.

--
god said:

"The Divergence of the B Field = 0
The Curl of the E Field + the partial time derivative of the B field = 0
The Divergence of the D field = the charge density
The Curl of the H field - the partial time derivative of the D field = the current density"

and there was light, and he saw that it was good and of constant speed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:58:17 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 02:06:50 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

That is why virtually all extreme sports come from here.

Most extreme sports are not cheating death, they are using technology for thrills.

I suppose you have not looked at extreme skiers, sky divers and some
of the crazy stuff people do on mountain bikes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:52:39 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/26/2017 06:03 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:49:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:21:42 -0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:24:46 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:11:36 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

We're not like the Brits and have game management plans in
place so we
don't kill off anything bigger than a stoat.

The people in New Zealand were so good at eliminating predators
that
they are over run by stoats. They have vast fenced preserves,
simply
in an attempt to save a few of their native species from them.

Shoot the stoats.

Then they'll be overun with rats and mice/rabbits etc etc etc.

Mouse traps are pretty cheap.

Just look what problems that eradicating all of the wolves caused in
Yellowstone Park.
All Americans will know about how that played out, I'm sure they will
agree with me.

They reintroduced the wolves and the eco system slowly returned to a
normal balance again.

I doubt Will can even comprehend Yellowstone park. The park itself and
the national forests around it are about half the size of Scotland.

I'd be happy to show him the thermal features. We only poached one
tourist last year and the volcano gods would like another meal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/yello...l-pool-2016-11

A nice, hot sulphuric acid bath is good for what ails you.

Isn't that whole place about to blow up?

Someday. Make your reservations now. I came through there last fall and
things were percolating nicely. It's not the most stable place. There
were a couple of paint pot areas that were more active when I was a kid
but an earthquake in '59 reshuffled the deck.

http://www.yellowstonepark.com/yello...quake-of-1959/

The grey rock at the end of the lake used to be on the mountainside to
the south. What they don't mention in the article is the campsite that
was buried under the debris. I camped a few miles upstream from the
lake. Earthquakes don't strike in the same place twice, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:25:54 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:15:46 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 26/02/2017 17:18, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:45:36 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:02:43 -0000, Dean Hoffman

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 04:38:09 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

Wait a couple of months until the bears come out of hibernation.
They
could use a nice springtime snack.

You've all got guns and you haven't managed to shoot them all
yet?

They help clean up the carrion.

First duty when making a new country is to remove any animals that
can kill people.

When you do that you are overrun by animals that compete with you
for
food. We need predators.

Agreed, it causes more problems than it solves to eradicate them.

Anything that can kill a human should not exist in the wild.

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

A lot more people are killed texting while driving. Bison kill people too.

http://www.yellowstonepark.com/teen-gored-bison/

I suppose you want to shoot all the herbivores.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

To Americans real adventure is cheating death.

Easiest way to cheat death is to remove all sources of it, like bears.

https://historylist.wordpress.com/20...ed-by-animals/

Dogs. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Your neighbor's Papillon will tear your
balls off as he heads for your carotid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 7:44:52 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:26:44 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 6:36:10 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

First, let's assume that all of these protein sources are fresh
and properly butchered.

Would you eat a human?

Only if no other alternative source of food were available, for two reasons:

1. If we go around eating people indiscriminately, I might get eaten.
2. Humans harbor illnesses to which I am susceptible, and eating them
increases my risk of contracting those illnesses.

Would you eat a dog?

Probably sooner than I'd eat a human, although carnivore meat wouldn't
be my first choice.

Would you eat a horse?

Yes, although since their flesh is richer in myoglobin than that of beef, I'd
rather have beef.

Would you eat a cow?

Absolutely, although I'd usually rather have pork or chicken. Once
in a while I get a craving for beef and have some.

What made you avoid the dog?

I'm given to understand that carnivore meat is strongly
flavored. I prefer very mildly flavored meat.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't want bison in the UK, no.

--
Someday we'll look back on all this and plough into a parked car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 04:22:36 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:47:34 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

I'd expect that from eastern Europe, but is America really that backward?

Yup, nothing here but backward deplorables. With guns. lots of guns.

...and mailboxes. We don't even call them letterboxes like the smart
Brits do. One day we will evolve. We just need more guns.

Sober Americans remind me of drunk brits.

--
They say Confucius does his crosswords with a pen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 02:43:17 -0000, wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 01:06:57 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I always though you had a flag to see if it was worth walking over to get your mail. Easy enough to have a moveable base to the container that lifts a flag.

This is America, we always get mail.
Sales junk, political junk, charity junk, religious junk and
occasionally something we actually want.
My wife and I do a lot of online shopping so we do get plenty of stuff
we want tho.
The thing that amazes me is I can buy a product shipped from China
cheaper than I can ship it to California. It is a glitch in the postal
laws that allows them to pay the postal rate there (probably free)
and we have to carry it the rest of the way free here.

Same here - I often buy something from China for 99p including postage. The guy I knew who used to run the local Post Office said it was ridiculous how much our own mail system subsidised such things.

--
Oh my goodness what a caper, someone's ****ed on the magic paper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:14:18 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:48:10 PM UTC-6, David B. wrote:
On 21/02/2017 23:35, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:09:21 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:21:48 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

Muslims from 3rd World countries are invading then breeding like rabbits while the native population of Western 1st World countries are having few if any children. Anyone who says Caucasians need to have more children is called a racist. It could come to pass in my lifetime that the native people of Western countries go to war with the invasive species from the Muslim world. Lots of guns will be used. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

The Muslims use weapons too. They outnumber the yanks and will destroy you.
--
We have tactical nukes which will allow us to kill large numbers of the invasive species. Those crazy fother muckers don't care if they die anyway. Mothers send their children on suicide missions so the only way to control them is to kill them all. ヽ(à²*_à²*)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Nuclear Monster

Exactly WHERE would you suggest you 'take them out', UNM?
--

Nuke em where they spawned. Kill them in their native countries then start the purge of the First World. A roundup with a spay and neuter program to keep their numbers down would work. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

+1

--
Phone answering machine message: 'If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key.'
Posted to alt.home.repair

Trouble is they buy weapons of the likes of the USA, so they have the same ****.

--
Phone answering machine message: 'If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key.'
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 17:55:57 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/25/2017 09:16 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 8:10:45 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:49:34 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/22/2017 04:36 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A place above the tree line would be good.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...eak-MT-6-10-13

A nice bungalow on St. Mary Peak would do it. The third photo shows the
luxurious bathroom with all the modern conveniences.

On one trip up, I passed a guy resting by the side of the trail, not an
unusual site. About a quarter mile later, I met a woman who asked me if
I'd seen a man and described him. When I said he was just taking a break
she informed me he was a smoker and she had dragged him up so he could
have a preview of what emphysema would be like. 9000' will do that to
you.

Dunno what point you guys are trying to make, but I'm seriously
considering invading your country.

The best scenery we have is in Bowman's area or farther south in
the Four Corners
area. The mountain ranges back east aren't nearly as spectacular.
Way too many trees there.

Ya know, some of us think trees are a good thing. They provide welcome
shade, look great in the fall, and hide an awful lot of boring dirt.

Yeah, but they aren't much for scenery.

Bull****, trees are part of the scenery.

--
We were supposed to have flying cars in the 21st century.
The Internet is cool, but I'd rather have a flying car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

--
My schoolmates would make love to anything that moved, but I never saw any reason to limit myself. - Emo Phillips
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

https://historylist.wordpress.com/20...ed-by-animals/

Then there are the bees, pet dogs, spiders, and snakes. Perhaps our
Jimmy better stay under his bed where he is safe.

Or, you could make good use of those guns that sit in your pockets all day.

--
My schoolmates would make love to anything that moved, but I never saw any reason to limit myself. - Emo Phillips

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

--
It is OK to let your mind go blank, but please turn off the sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them
in their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly,
I'm still alive. There are also wolves around this area although
I've never been lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They
kill more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

Even though one wrote of the shed that you were driving?
What a fool you really are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:09:54 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

I guess you never had one jump out in front of your car.
125-150 people a year die from it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:10:33 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

I agree if it is a game of wits you are playing but when a couple of
pit bulls decide they just want to kill you, there is not a lot of
thinking going on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

That is why virtually all extreme sports come from here.

Most extreme sports are not cheating death, they are using technology for thrills.

I suppose you have not looked at extreme skiers, sky divers and some
of the crazy stuff people do on mountain bikes.

I asked a guy who was doing an extreme motorcycle stunt exhibition what
the learning process was. You can work your way up to wheelies,
stoppies, and stuff like that. but there isn't such a thing as a front
flip that almost worked:

http://scribol.com/extreme-sports/10...stunts-ever/4/

Broken bones, he said, lots of broken bones. Having broken collar bones,
ribs, and legs myself, I don't think I'd go out of my way to do so.
Particularly the ribs. That's the gift that keeps on giving for months.

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

--
Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary."
"I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just saying that to make me jealous."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 3:09:57 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.
--

The danger from deer is not that one will normally attack you, it's the fact that a deer will often leap in front of a speeding automobile and come through the the windshield or cause a vehicle to go off the road. The mommy deerest have yet to teach the little deers to look both ways before crossing the road. So the big deers don't know any better and will hang out around roads and highways. It's most dangerous at night when Bambi might decide to take a stroll on a highway. I've seen deer in people's yards right next to the highway at night where I was traveling at 60mph. I could see the deer and the deer could see me coming but the most dangerous scenario is when the trees are close to a road. Deer can move quite fast and can come out of the trees and be in front of a speeding vehicle before a driver can react. Deer kill. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Dear Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:19:44 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:15:18 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

[...]

My worst deer encounter was in downtown DC on the whitehurst freeway
(35 feet or so up). I came around the corner at about 50 and 2 were
right in front of me. I dodged one and the other one jumped over the
side. If I wasn't late, I would have looped around to K street below
to see how it was.
I just didn't have time to dress out a deer ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27/02/2017 23:15, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I've twice hit a deer. :-(

The saddest case was when the mother was killed outright but leaving an
unborn Bambi alive on the road. I was VERY upset and called the police
to ask them to deal with matters.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 6:15:21 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Or Mommy and Daddy run across the road with Baby close behind while you are towing
a trailer at 60 MPH. You hit the brakes hard while keeping it all straight, hoping that they'll
be off the road by the time you get to where they are. It's all looking good until Baby decîdes
that she'd rather be where she was than where Mommy and Daddy are going. Baby turns
around and heads back, but not soon enough.

Cousin But-I-Kept-It-On-The-Road Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:35:46 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

What made you avoid the dog?

I'm given to understand that carnivore meat is strongly
flavored. I prefer very mildly flavored meat.

Cindy Hamilton

_North Koreans Try American BBQ [Full video]_

Raise and eat dogs. Cows are for work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TYCEXmi90&feature=youtu.be

American *******s....
--
"I am the infidel your Imam warned you about." Jan Morgan, Gun
Cave Indoor Firing Range operator.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If you can't see the scenery for the trees...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

Tell that to the one I hit last fall. The little ******* left the scene
so I couldn't even put a 9mm in his ear and load him into the car.
Fortunately the Toyota survived too with some new hood sculpting.

http://helenair.com/news/local/deer-...45964438f.html

http://helenair.com/news/local/deer-...8da87a44d.html

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...tecting-fawns-
kill-dogs-in-helena/article_099d3aa0-346c-58d4-9c8b-7bf1051225cd.html

Luckily the deer on this side of the divide mind their manners and just
act as mobile lawn ornaments. Helena is the capitol; maybe all the
politicians over there are what enrage them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2017 04:15 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The danger from deer is not that one will normally attack you, it's the fact that a deer will often leap in front of a speeding automobile and come through the the windshield or cause a vehicle to go off the road. The mommy deerest have yet to teach the little deers to look both ways before crossing the road. So the big deers don't know any better and will hang out around roads and highways. It's most dangerous at night when Bambi might decide to take a stroll on a highway. I've seen deer in people's yards right next to the highway at night where I was traveling at 60mph. I could see the deer and the deer could see me coming but the most dangerous scenario is when the trees are close to a road. Deer can move quite fast and can come out of the trees and be in front of a speeding vehicle before a driver can react. Deer kill. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

I had one deer who crossed the eastbound lanes of the interstate in
front of me. He reached the median strip, paused for a moment, reversed
course and raced out in front of me. I was driving a Kenworth with
44,000 pounds of liner board in the back seat, so it was 'Sorry, Bambi'.
As it was, the stupid **** bent my bumper, back when Kenworths still had
steel bumpers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sword wrote:

[...]

About 20 years ago I was listening to the police frequencies on the
scanner. The dispatcher said a woman had called in to report an injured
deer and was requesting an officer. The lucky cop who caught the call
replied "What's the matter? Doesn't she have a gun?"

They finally made it legal a couple of years ago. You kill it, you take
it home and grill it. You have to take the whole thing though. No
dressing it out by the side of the road and leaving a gut pile for the
local dogs.