Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

On 01/03/2017 15:23, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 8:14:52 AM UTC-6, David B. wrote:
On 01/03/2017 13:15, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 5:51:29 AM UTC-6, David B. wrote:
On 01/03/2017 09:01, Uncle Monster claimed ...

Back in the 1980's when I worked out in The Marshall Islands at The Kwajalein Missile Range during the SDI development program,

I could _swear_ that The Daring Dufas (TDD) told me exactly the same
thing! ;-)

Have a great day, UOM!
--
We both worked for the same contractor as electricians. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Sparky Monster

Is that a 'wink' I see at the end of your sentence, USM?!!!
--

No, it's a crooked smile with arms up. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Expat Monster

OK - I accept your surrender, UEM! ;-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:55:33 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:10:33 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

I agree if it is a game of wits you are playing but when a couple of
pit bulls decide they just want to kill you, there is not a lot of
thinking going on.

Fighting is a lot more than just strength. Take a skinny karate expert, and a well built man with no experience in anything. The karate expert will win.

--
A farmer in Yorkshire sees a bloke drinking from his stream and shouts, €œEy up cocker, tha dunt wanna be drinkin watta frum theer, its full o hoss **** an cow ****e an it could kill thee.€
The Bloke says, "Sir I am a muslim from Pakistan, can you be speaking clearer and slower please.€
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 02:59:29 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 17:55:57 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/25/2017 09:16 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 8:10:45 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:49:34 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/22/2017 04:36 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A place above the tree line would be good.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...eak-MT-6-10-13

A nice bungalow on St. Mary Peak would do it. The third photo
shows the
luxurious bathroom with all the modern conveniences.

On one trip up, I passed a guy resting by the side of the trail,
not an
unusual site. About a quarter mile later, I met a woman who asked
me if
I'd seen a man and described him. When I said he was just taking a
break
she informed me he was a smoker and she had dragged him up so he
could
have a preview of what emphysema would be like. 9000' will do that to
you.

Dunno what point you guys are trying to make, but I'm seriously
considering invading your country.

The best scenery we have is in Bowman's area or farther south in
the Four Corners
area. The mountain ranges back east aren't nearly as spectacular.
Way too many trees there.

Ya know, some of us think trees are a good thing. They provide welcome
shade, look great in the fall, and hide an awful lot of boring dirt.

Yeah, but they aren't much for scenery.

Bull****, trees are part of the scenery.

If you can't see the scenery for the trees...

The trees are the scenery. Every one of these is beautiful:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tr...enery&tbm=isch

--
Worlds most powerful nob enlarger - a space suit with a fly zip
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 03:07:51 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 04:30:29 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:58:17 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

Tell that to the one I hit last fall. The little ******* left the scene
so I couldn't even put a 9mm in his ear and load him into the car.
Fortunately the Toyota survived too with some new hood sculpting.

http://helenair.com/news/local/deer-...45964438f.html

http://helenair.com/news/local/deer-...8da87a44d.html

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...tecting-fawns-
kill-dogs-in-helena/article_099d3aa0-346c-58d4-9c8b-7bf1051225cd.html

Luckily the deer on this side of the divide mind their manners and just
act as mobile lawn ornaments. Helena is the capitol; maybe all the
politicians over there are what enrage them.

I was clearly referring to them ATTACKING you, like a bear/tiger/lion. You're referring to an ACCIDENT.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 03:18:13 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:10:37 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:09:30 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:18:26 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

To Americans real adventure is cheating death.

Easiest way to cheat death is to remove all sources of it, like bears.

https://historylist.wordpress.com/20...ed-by-animals/

Dogs. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Your neighbor's Papillon will tear your
balls off as he heads for your carotid.

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

Not in your case.

I seem to have managed so far.

--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 03:20:32 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:19:04 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/26/2017 10:20 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 02:06:50 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

That is why virtually all extreme sports come from here.

Most extreme sports are not cheating death, they are using
technology for thrills.

I suppose you have not looked at extreme skiers, sky divers and some
of the crazy stuff people do on mountain bikes.

I asked a guy who was doing an extreme motorcycle stunt exhibition what
the learning process was. You can work your way up to wheelies,
stoppies, and stuff like that. but there isn't such a thing as a front
flip that almost worked:

http://scribol.com/extreme-sports/10...stunts-ever/4/

Broken bones, he said, lots of broken bones. Having broken collar bones,
ribs, and legs myself, I don't think I'd go out of my way to do so.
Particularly the ribs. That's the gift that keeps on giving for months.

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but
he's bloody good at it.

He's also lucky. **** happens.

My point exactly.

--
What's the most sensitive part of your anatomy when you're masturbating?
Your ears.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 03:30:50 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/27/2017 04:25 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:19:44 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJ4Nbf3ctQ

"This video contains content from Base79 Music 2 (Base79/21), who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Catch big air on the White Line and they'll pour what's left into a body
bag.

--
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

Downhill races.

--
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Frigging idiot. *You* were an accident.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

I agree if it is a game of wits you are playing but when a couple of
pit bulls decide they just want to kill you, there is not a lot of
thinking going on.

Fighting is a lot more than just strength. Take a skinny karate expert,
and a well built man with no experience in anything. The karate expert
will win.

Take a well built man with some experience in street fighting and it may
turn out differently. i recently read a book by a martial arts
instructor. I forget which discipline it was but it was one where
everyone wore the regulation gi. Deciding to have some fun, he told
everyone to take off their jackets and resume their sparring. Chaos
ensued when their carefully practiced moves that depended on convenient
handles didn't work well on sweaty torsos.

He was not impressed by formal martial arts sports and the race for dans
and colored belts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Did you read any of the links?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything,
but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJ4Nbf3ctQ

"This video contains content from Base79 Music 2 (Base79/21), who has
blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Catch big air on the White Line and they'll pour what's left into a body
bag.

Search for 'white line sedona' and you'll find something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzhlDnTv0pc

Personally, I wouldn't even walk out on that slickrock let alone ride a
bike.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 20:16:11 -0700, rbowman wrote:

Fighting is a lot more than just strength. Take a skinny karate expert,
and a well built man with no experience in anything. The karate expert
will win.

Take a well built man with some experience in street fighting and it may
turn out differently. i recently read a book by a martial arts
instructor. I forget which discipline it was but it was one where
everyone wore the regulation gi. Deciding to have some fun, he told
everyone to take off their jackets and resume their sparring. Chaos
ensued when their carefully practiced moves that depended on convenient
handles didn't work well on sweaty torsos.

He was not impressed by formal martial arts sports and the race for dans
and colored belts.

I've never meet a fancy martial arts person that can stop a bullet
with his teeth. You don't even have to get close to physical contact
or touch the person.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/01/2017 09:08 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA

Legend has it Ford was having a bad day and didn't feel like doing the
scripted stunt so he improvised.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

I agree if it is a game of wits you are playing but when a couple of
pit bulls decide they just want to kill you, there is not a lot of
thinking going on.

Fighting is a lot more than just strength. Take a skinny karate expert, and a well built man with no experience in anything. The karate expert will win.

OK so you have 2 dogs coming at you that were bred for combat. Hurting
them just ****es them off. What's your plan?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

Downhill races.

Your guys are just trying to go straight down the hill really fast.
These guys are looking for rock ledges to jump off of so they can do
acrobatics in the air.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

One of my friends was in a full contact Karate club and he said the
fights were usually won by the good old punch in the nose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 23:42:52 -0000, David B. wrote:

On 27/02/2017 23:15, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 3:09:57 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.
--

The danger from deer is not that one will normally attack you, it's the fact that a deer will often leap in front of a speeding automobile and come through the the windshield or cause a vehicle to go off the road. The mommy deerest have yet to teach the little deers to look both ways before crossing the road. So the big deers don't know any better and will hang out around roads and highways. It's most dangerous at night when Bambi might decide to take a stroll on a highway. I've seen deer in people's yards right next to the highway at night where I was traveling at 60mph. I could see the deer and the deer could see me coming but the most dangerous scenario is when the trees are close to a road. Deer can move quite fast and can come out of the trees and be in front of a speeding vehicle before a driver can react. Deer kill. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Dear Monster

I've twice hit a deer. :-(

The saddest case was when the mother was killed outright but leaving an
unborn Bambi alive on the road. I was VERY upset and called the police
to ask them to deal with matters.

Mother's fault for not looking before crossing the road. It's not like roads are something new.

--
Phone answering machine message: 'If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key.'
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's only dangerous if you're a **** driver. I destroyed a full grown stag and didn't even feel it. Cost me £50 in repairs to my car, that's all.

--
A female friend of mine was admitted to a private hospital to try to
lose weight. Naturally I sent her flowers.

I received a "thank-you" note several days later; it said, "Thanks for
the flowers, they were delicious!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:40:23 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:54:24 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

I was going faster than that. I just needed a bonnet, headlight, and mirror, which I fitted myself. Cost me about £50 for the lot. What did your colleague do, hit an entire herd?!

A lot depends on how low your car is and what the shape of the bonnet
(hood) is. I had a friend hit a deer in one of those little Chrysler
cars and all that happened was he broke the radio antenna. The car was
low enough to get under the deer. If you hit that sucker right in the
middle of the body, there is no way to get under it and the deer is
going to smash up the car.

Modern cars (as in the last 20 years) are designed to deflect pedestrians and bounce them up instead of smashing them. Works for deer too.

--
Mother: "Why are you home from school so early?"
Son: "I was the only one who could answer my maths teacher's question.."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:59:15 -0000, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 10:30:34 AM UTC-6, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 07:26:48 -0800 (PST)
Uncle Monster wrote:

I like fan boys, they're fun to frak with like I do with you burford
Turd juicer. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Fraking Monster

weak...you could be trader's little bro.

You're really becoming more and more demented burford Turd juicer. I really do pity you. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

He's on more meds than you.

--
Take some good advice: Never try to baptize your cat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:53:05 -0000, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:09:54 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

I guess you never had one jump out in front of your car.
125-150 people a year die from it.

Yes I have. £50 damage to my car, I didn't even feel it. Learn to drive better.

--
Q. What's hairy on the outside, wet on the inside, begins with a "C" and ends with a "T"?
A. A coconut.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 16:36:40 -0000, wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:45:32 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If
something is in your path, either crash into it or brake hard, but never
ever swerve.

You actually make a good point. Many drivers have no idea how to handle
a swerve at high speed and get into worse trouble. Or you may hit
another car and cause them trouble too.

We just have a population of incompetent drivers and so does Willy
Sword I hear.
Drivers ed should go farther than simply how to parallel park.
In my million or so miles behind the wheel, I have "swerved" out of
multi car accidents several times. Everyone should have at least some
training on how to handle skids and high speed lane changes even if
that lane is the dirt. I took a 2 week course decades ago when I
thought I was an SCCA racer and it still serves me today.

People who need to take courses should be banned from driving. If it doesn't come naturally, get the **** out of my way.

--
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or the tiger. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, trampling and eating everything it sees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The most dangerous animal in the US is the white tailed deer They kill
more people than bears, alligators, mountain lions and wolves
combined.

I simply do not believe a deer is dangerous.

I guess you never had one jump out in front of your car.
125-150 people a year die from it.

Yes I have. £50 damage to my car, I didn't even feel it. Learn to drive better.

Frigging idiot. You paid £50 to fix a £25 piece of **** car? Just how dumb are you?

Of course you didn't feel it. You were drunk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was going faster than that. I just needed a bonnet, headlight, and mirror, which I fitted myself. Cost me about £50 for the lot. What did your colleague do, hit an entire herd?!

A lot depends on how low your car is and what the shape of the bonnet
(hood) is. I had a friend hit a deer in one of those little Chrysler
cars and all that happened was he broke the radio antenna. The car was
low enough to get under the deer. If you hit that sucker right in the
middle of the body, there is no way to get under it and the deer is
going to smash up the car.

Modern cars (as in the last 20 years) are designed to deflect pedestrians and bounce them up instead of smashing them. Works for deer too.
--

Modern cars are more aerodynamic than older automobiles and pedestrians and deer act a lot like air when impacting the front of a vehicle. It would be interesting to have a type of wind tunnel but instead of air, it fired people and deer at test vehicles. It could be a vertical shaft with the test vehicles attached to the wall at the bottom and people and deer could be dropped from the top of the shaft. Would you like to volunteer? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Aerodynamic Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Awww the poor little dog who probably started the fight, lost. My heart bleeds.

--
More people in the UK are injured by standing on upturned mains plugs than by electric shocks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

That cyclist is a ****ing idiot and will soon die.

--
How do you embarrass an archeologist?
Give him a used tampon and ask him which period it came from.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bull****. Very easy to outsmart a dog.

I agree if it is a game of wits you are playing but when a couple of
pit bulls decide they just want to kill you, there is not a lot of
thinking going on.

Fighting is a lot more than just strength. Take a skinny karate expert, and a well built man with no experience in anything. The karate expert will win.

OK so you have 2 dogs coming at you that were bred for combat. Hurting
them just ****es them off. What's your plan?

Kill them. Humans can use tools, dogs cannot. No opposable thumbs, see?

--
It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything, but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

Downhill races.

Your guys are just trying to go straight down the hill really fast.
These guys are looking for rock ledges to jump off of so they can do
acrobatics in the air.

Dunno what he does, but the track he showed me was fast downhill through a forest. If I did it I would have collided with at least eleven tress.

--
Before you set out on a journey, ring your local radio station and say there's a terrible congestion on your road. Everybody avoids it and it's clear for you! -- Jack Dee
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My friend is a mountain biker. AFAIK he's never broken anything,
but he's bloody good at it.

Are you talking about just riding bikes in the mountains or out there
getting big air with spins and flips 15 meters off the ground?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPJ4Nbf3ctQ

"This video contains content from Base79 Music 2 (Base79/21), who has
blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Catch big air on the White Line and they'll pour what's left into a
body
bag.

Search for 'white line sedona' and you'll find something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzhlDnTv0pc

Personally, I wouldn't even walk out on that slickrock let alone ride a
bike.

That cyclist is a ****ing idiot and will soon die.

So I guess it could be said he is cheating death. QED.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 5:17:46 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Dunno what he does, but the track he showed me was fast downhill through a forest. If I did it I would have collided with at least eleven tress.
--

Hummm,"eleven tress"? Shouldn't that read,"eleven tresses"? I'm fond of blond and red tresses. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Gray Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 21:54:01 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

OK so you have 2 dogs coming at you that were bred for combat. Hurting
them just ****es them off. What's your plan?

Kill them. Humans can use tools, dogs cannot. No opposable thumbs, see?

So now you see the usefulness of a gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 10:34:59 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 5:17:46 PM UTC-6, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Dunno what he does, but the track he showed me was fast downhill through a forest. If I did it I would have collided with at least eleven tress.
--

Hummm,"eleven tress"? Shouldn't that read,"eleven tresses"? I'm fond of blond and red tresses. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Gray Monster

Even if the Frigging Idiot could spell, he'd still be a Frigging Idiot.

Any person that is not a Frigging Idiot would stop way before colliding
with 11 trees. It would only take one or two for me to figure out that
continuing would not be in my best interest.

Cousin Bruised Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Agreed. But my point was it's not strength that counts but skill, official skill or not.

--
Why do they rate a movie "R" for "adult language?"
The only people I hear using that language are teenagers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 04:08:14 -0000, Oren wrote:

[...]

Which is what's wrong with guns. The defendant has no opportunity to protect himself. I could shoot you without you even knowing I'm there, because I'm 100 yards away.

--
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 02 Mar 2017 05:19:15 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

What was the scripted stunt?

--
I married my wife for her looks...but not the ones she's been giving me lately!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Distract your opponent and do the unexpected:
https://youtu.be/3e171yhZgA0

--
I married my wife for her looks...but not the ones she's been giving me lately!
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

A choreographed duel with Ford's bullwhip against the swordsman.

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Arab_Swordsman
http://www.businessinsider.com/harri...dit-ama-2014-4

It's up for grabs whether Ford or Spielberg came up with the idea but
they all agree that Ford was ****ting like a goose and wasn't up to a
long scene with multiple takes.

The swordsman was a British stuntman who had been practicing the scene
for a month or so. Hopefully he was ell paid for his 15 seconds of fame.
It is a great reminder that all those flowery katas may not be useful in
the real world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Mar 2017 19:07:57 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

[...]

Or a compelling reason to have one. If this bad ass street gang is
coming at you, drop their ass before they get there.