Posted to alt.home.repair

Default American mailboxes

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:49:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:21:42 -0000, Bod wrote:

Just look what problems that eradicating all of the wolves caused in
Yellowstone Park.
All Americans will know about how that played out, I'm sure they will
agree with me.

They reintroduced the wolves and the eco system slowly returned to a
normal balance again.

The Mexican gray wolf in coming back in the U.S. Southwest.

Wonder if your countryman knows what would happen if Termites were
eradicated from Earth. Probably not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just kill ALL the bears. Easy enough surely?

To paraphrase Robinson Jeffers, I'd sooner, except the penalties, kill a
man than a bear.

http://www.thebeckoning.com/poetry/misc/rjeffers1.html

"And when the lambs say among themselves, "These birds of prey are evil,
and he who least resembles a bird of prey, who is rather its opposite, a
lamb,€”should he not be good?" then there is nothing to carp with in this
ideal's establishment, though the birds of prey may regard it a little
mockingly, and maybe say to themselves, "We bear no grudge against them,
these good lambs, we even love them: nothing is tastier than a tender lamb."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Run along, little lamb or the bears will eat you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:07:37 -0000, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:49:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:21:42 -0000, Bod wrote:

Just look what problems that eradicating all of the wolves caused in
Yellowstone Park.
All Americans will know about how that played out, I'm sure they will
agree with me.

They reintroduced the wolves and the eco system slowly returned to a
normal balance again.

The Mexican gray wolf in coming back in the U.S. Southwest.

Wonder if your countryman knows what would happen if Termites were
eradicated from Earth. Probably not.

No rotten timbers in your home.

--
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:10:58 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Just kill ALL the bears. Easy enough surely?

To paraphrase Robinson Jeffers, I'd sooner, except the penalties, kill a
man than a bear.

http://www.thebeckoning.com/poetry/misc/rjeffers1.html

"And when the lambs say among themselves, "These birds of prey are evil,
and he who least resembles a bird of prey, who is rather its opposite, a
lamb,€”should he not be good?" then there is nothing to carp with in this
ideal's establishment, though the birds of prey may regard it a little
mockingly, and maybe say to themselves, "We bear no grudge against them,
these good lambs, we even love them: nothing is tastier than a tender lamb."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Run along, little lamb or the bears will eat you.

Depends which man. If they're immigrunts, sure.

--
If it weren't for electricity, we'd all be watching television by candlelight. -- Geroge Gobel

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:18:37 -0000, Bod wrote:

A nice bungalow on St. Mary Peak would do it. The third photo
shows the
luxurious bathroom with all the modern conveniences.

On one trip up, I passed a guy resting by the side of the trail,
not an
unusual site. About a quarter mile later, I met a woman who asked
me if
I'd seen a man and described him. When I said he was just taking a
break
she informed me he was a smoker and she had dragged him up so he
could
have a preview of what emphysema would be like. 9000' will do
that to
you.

Dunno what point you guys are trying to make, but I'm seriously
considering invading your country.

Wait a couple of months until the bears come out of hibernation. They
could use a nice springtime snack.

You've all got guns and you haven't managed to shoot them all yet?

We're not like the Brits and have game management plans in place so we
don't kill off anything bigger than a stoat.

Just kill ALL the bears. Easy enough surely?

That would be highly stupid for the environment.

The environment would manage without them, in fact it would probably
flourish. More fish for us to catch for a start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...Dietary_habits

You've watched too many Attenborough films. The most common species, the
black bear, isn't much of a fisherman. Even the brown bears in this
state aren't big fish eaters with the exception of the Yellowstone bears
that have easy access to the spawning cutthroat trout.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:21:56 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

Well whatever they're eating you can eat instead. Do something useful with all those guns.

--
A drunk was in front of a judge. The judge says, "You've been brought here for drinking."
The drunk says, "Okay, let's get started."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:26:44 -0000, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 6:36:10 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

First, let's assume that all of these protein sources are fresh
and properly butchered.

Would you eat a human?

Only if no other alternative source of food were available, for two reasons:

1. If we go around eating people indiscriminately, I might get eaten.
2. Humans harbor illnesses to which I am susceptible, and eating them
increases my risk of contracting those illnesses.

Would you eat a dog?

Probably sooner than I'd eat a human, although carnivore meat wouldn't
be my first choice.

Would you eat a horse?

Yes, although since their flesh is richer in myoglobin than that of beef, I'd
rather have beef.

Would you eat a cow?

Absolutely, although I'd usually rather have pork or chicken. Once
in a while I get a craving for beef and have some.

What made you avoid the dog?

--
I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist.
Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 01:40:48 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 02:28:18 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Well I never knew that. R.E.M. didn't actually sing "are you goofin' on
Elm Street baby":
http://kissthisguy.com/andy-are-you-...eard-38882.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRaaT6jV-Q0

For history, Elm St. was a black neighborhood on the outskirts of Dallas
and the area became known as 'Deep Ellum' following the local
pronunciation. There are a lot of versions of Deep Ellum, or sometimes
Elem, Blues.

Then it got gentrified... Now you really better keep your money in your
shoe.

Why do Americans allow these dodgy neighbourhoods to be created?

Why do Brits allow your dodgy neighborhoods to be created?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...gerous-1058567

Looks like they're addressing the problem. Oddly, the article doesn't mention if they're humans or immigrunts.

--
Don't adopt a dwarf with learning difficulties. It's not big, and it's not clever.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 03:07:44 -0000, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 18:40:48 -0700, rbowman

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 02:28:18 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Well I never knew that. R.E.M. didn't actually sing "are you goofin' on
Elm Street baby":
http://kissthisguy.com/andy-are-you-...eard-38882.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRaaT6jV-Q0

For history, Elm St. was a black neighborhood on the outskirts of Dallas
and the area became known as 'Deep Ellum' following the local
pronunciation. There are a lot of versions of Deep Ellum, or sometimes
Elem, Blues.

Then it got gentrified... Now you really better keep your money in your
shoe.

Why do Americans allow these dodgy neighbourhoods to be created?

Why do Brits allow your dodgy neighborhoods to be created?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...gerous-1058567

It is just what happens when all of the decent people move away.

Nobody with any sense lives in Glasgow. It's an overcrowded ******** like London.

--
A mistake is evidence that someone has tried to do something.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:49:17 +0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:21:42 -0000, Bod wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:24:46 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 10:11:36 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

We're not like the Brits and have game management plans in place so we
don't kill off anything bigger than a stoat.

The people in New Zealand were so good at eliminating predators that
they are over run by stoats. They have vast fenced preserves, simply
in an attempt to save a few of their native species from them.

Shoot the stoats.

Then they'll be overun with rats and mice/rabbits etc etc etc.

Mouse traps are pretty cheap.

Just look what problems that eradicating all of the wolves caused in
Yellowstone Park.
All Americans will know about how that played out, I'm sure they will
agree with me.

They reintroduced the wolves and the eco system slowly returned to a
normal balance again.

I doubt Will can even comprehend Yellowstone park. The park itself and
the national forests around it are about half the size of Scotland.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:18:26 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

To Americans real adventure is cheating death. That is why virtually
all extreme sports come from here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Beetles, grubs, insects, and carrion do not appeal to me. I do share the
bears love of huckleberries, thimbleberries, and serviceberries but
there are plenty to go around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'd be happy to show him the thermal features. We only poached one
tourist last year and the volcano gods would like another meal.

http://www.businessinsider.com/yello...l-pool-2016-11

A nice, hot sulphuric acid bath is good for what ails you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:25:54 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:01:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:15:46 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 26/02/2017 17:18, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:45:36 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:02:43 -0000, Dean Hoffman

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 04:38:09 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

Wait a couple of months until the bears come out of hibernation.
They
could use a nice springtime snack.

You've all got guns and you haven't managed to shoot them all yet?

They help clean up the carrion.

First duty when making a new country is to remove any animals that
can kill people.

When you do that you are overrun by animals that compete with you for
food. We need predators.

Agreed, it causes more problems than it solves to eradicate them.

Anything that can kill a human should not exist in the wild.

What, you don't have a sense of adventure, Timorous Twit?

Why do equate adventure with death?

I've met bears ans mountain lions on occasion. I enjoy seeing them in
their natural settings rather than confined in a zoo. Oddly, I'm still
alive. There are also wolves around this area although I've never been
lucky enough to see them.

Lucky you, but some people are killed.

--
Why do sailors have tattoos on their backs?
So their shipmates will have something to read.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:36:14 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

There are nicer things that eat insects. Swallows for example.

--
Why do sailors have tattoos on their backs?
So their shipmates will have something to read.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Isn't that whole place about to blow up?

--
Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.