Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who do I complain to?

I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+
AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it
returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while low teens. Out
here in the farmland where I live, aboutc 2 miles west of town, it's
consistently been around 15 degrees above theirs since then. They report
100 on the radio weather report, 1 get 115. Yesterday it was 113 there,
132 here. I'm afraid this is going to last all summer. This has never
happened before - the temperature in both places was always close to the
same. Must be a very local phenomena, I've seen no mention in the
newspaper. My usual source of cooling, evaporative cooler, just blows hot
air - the water in it nust be too hot to cool the air. Evidently they
don't work at 120+ temperatures - never got that hot before so I didn't
know that. Very strange, Very miserable.

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside
thermometers agree.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-25, KenK wrote:

Must be a very local phenomena.....

Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming,
which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25 Jul 2016 17:04:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside
thermometers agree.

Suffer. We've had triple digits since the first week of June.

"... hotter than a witch's tit"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2016 12:04 PM, KenK wrote:
[...]

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-25, KenK wrote:

Must be a very local phenomena.....

Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming,
which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|

nb

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:50:56 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

Was it Kerry? Refrigerators and HVAC is more dangerous than ISIS.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:34icpb5ed6hlrm1jpmcriohq3f32qi05bd@
4ax.com:

On 25 Jul 2016 17:04:39 GMT, KenK wrote:

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside
thermometers agree.

Suffer. We've had triple digits since the first week of June.

"... hotter than a witch's tit"

Wow! In the 10s to 30s like ours? I thought I was alone! Perhaps cursed by
an ex-girlfriend I might have insulted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2016 2:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:50:56 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

Was it Kerry? Refrigerators and HVAC is more dangerous than ISIS.

Yup.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 07/25/2016 12:04 PM, KenK wrote:
I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+
AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it
returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while low teens. Out
here in the farmland where I live, aboutc 2 miles west of town, it's
consistently been around 15 degrees above theirs since then. They report
100 on the radio weather report, 1 get 115. Yesterday it was 113 there,
132 here. ...

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside
thermometers agree.

Mayhaps not defective thermometer, almost certainly defective
measurement (for real air temperature, anyway).

Highest record world-wide air temp is 129F or thereabouts; a measurement
of 136F in Libya has been decertified by World Meterological
Organization and a Death Valley measurement of 134F is considered likely
erroneous as well. 129F is pretty-much the limit of recognized
measurements.

Of course, these are "official" air temp measurements which are defined
as being at 1.5m above ground and shielded from direct sunlight.
Ground-reflected temperatures can easily exceed air temperatures by as
much as 60-80F and perhaps even more for dark soils or paved areas, say.

--

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/25/2016 12:45 PM, amdx wrote:

[snip]

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

Where I am, it only got to 99 but it'd definitely NOT dry heat.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The language and concepts contained herein are guaranteed not to cause
eternal torment in the place where the guy with the horns and pointed
stick conducts his business." [Frank Zappa]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 12:04:45 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
[...]

The real scientists understand that we're between two ice ages and the orbit of The Earth is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat source, THE SUN! The climate of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most civilizations and reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United States. There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any single man which is why REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record and mathematical calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on. You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-25, notbob wrote:
Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming,
which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|

Any warming taking place is a natural phenomenon, and to be expected
as we are still emerging from the Little Ice Age. The hoax is the idea
that human activity is to blame - as well as the notion that we are
going to control the climate in order to "fix" it.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message

The real scientists understand that we're between two ice ages and the orbit
of The Earth is such that its cycle is bringing us closer to our main heat
source, THE SUN! The climate of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer
than the existence of most civilizations and reign of empires. We're at a
peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream has moved due to the Earth's
climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western part of The United
States. There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of
any single man which is why REAL scientists look to history, the evidence
seen in the fossil record and mathematical calculations of the movement of
planets in The Solar System to determine what's going on. You'd have to be
pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big impact on The Earth's
climate. ^_^

That doesn't preclude change either from natural causes (eg, Krakatoa) or
human civilization.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 6:15:03 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:
[...]

There is a TV series that I like called,"Life After People" which is from The History Channel. I've only seen some of the episodes but now that I'm reminded of it, I'll have to binge watch it after I finish with the TV series,"Fringe" on Amazon Prime. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_People

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people

[8~{} Uncle Binge Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
[...]

Temp will vary by what's underneath the thermometer. Heat rises without
wind. Oh, there is always wind in those parts. LOL

On the good side, swamp cooler is more efficient the hotter and drier the
air. LOL

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

Global warming or not, some think we can create a cooling.

Might plant some trees and grass.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:42:21 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

"Man Made Global Warming/Climate Change" is a scam used by the likes of Al Gore to make a lot of money. In the 1970's, the scam was "Man Made Global Cooling". It's an excuse used by certain political groups to grab more power over the people, business and industry. Follow the money. The backers of the Commiecrats who bankrupt coal companies are buying up the coal mines. Every contrived crisis has someone or some group behind it who will benefit financially. I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats now Commiecrats are special, they horrify me. I have my doubts that it's actually elected officials who are running the country and the rest of the world. I'm not a conspiracy fan but there's too much suspicious nonsense going on in the world today. All politicians seem to be for sale, all of them. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suspicious Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 12:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

We watched the "Fringe" series from start to finish. While it was on,
it was one of our favorites!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 19:42:12 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

I remember when the world threat was Nuclear Winter.

About 'conspiracies' This fits your bill. Cracks me up.

_A complete list of things caused by global warming_

http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:16:41 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I'm getting to see all the episodes I missed but the best part is being able to see all of them "in order". The guy who portrays Walter is great. It takes a really good actor to play someone who is a little off in the head. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Fringe Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 10:37 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

The same actor plays the father of the character Sherlock Holmes in the
series "Elementary". It's still currently a live series.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:57:42 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 7/27/2016 10:37 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:16:41 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people

[8~{} Uncle Binge Monster

We watched the "Fringe" series from start to finish. While it was on,
it was one of our favorites!
--
Maggie

The same actor plays the father of the character Sherlock Holmes in the
series "Elementary". It's still currently a live series.

--
Maggie

John Noble the Steward of Gondor (LOTR). I watched Fringe also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote in

rg:

dpb wrote:
[...]

The high temps I'm going by now and discussed in my first message are
measured with the same thermometers in the same locations that had the
same readings as the temps in town in previous years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/2016 12:29 PM, bob_villain wrote:
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:57:42 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 7/27/2016 10:37 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 10:16:41 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people

We watched the "Fringe" series from start to finish. While it was on,
it was one of our favorites!

The same actor plays the father of the character Sherlock Holmes in the
series "Elementary". It's still currently a live series.

John Noble the Steward of Gondor (LOTR). I watched Fringe also.

yeah Good actor!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-25, KenK wrote:

Must be a very local phenomena.....

Yeah. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with global warming,
which as we've all been told, is merely a hoax. As if.... 8|

nb

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

according to conservatives, global warming doesn't exist
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:29 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:42:21 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Shouldn't matter, it's a dry heat!

Mikek

dry heat in oven still roasts the christmas turkey.

republicans dont believe in global warming.... they think its a conspiracy..

"Man Made Global Warming/Climate Change" is a scam used by the likes of Al Gore to make a lot of money.

In the 1970's, the scam was "Man Made Global Cooling". It's an excuse
used by certain political groups

to grab more power over the people, business and industry. Follow the
money. The backers of the Commiecrats

who bankrupt coal companies are buying up the coal mines.

and will make a fortune when they can safely repurpose the coal,
something the current owners refuse to do

Every contrived crisis has someone or some group

behind it who will benefit financially.

exactly. trump goes bankrupt and who benefitted financially. ISIS is a
crisis and who benefits financially

I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats now

Commiecrats are special, they horrify me. I have my doubts that it's
actually elected officials who are

running the country and the rest of the world. I'm not a conspiracy fan
but there's too much suspicious

nonsense going on in the world today. All politicians seem to be for
sale, all of them. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Suspicious Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/16 5:31 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

so when greenhouses get warmer in the winter it's not because of the
greenhouse effect, it's because every winter the earth gets closer to
the sun

The climate

of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most
civilizations and

reign of empires. We're at a peak in temperatures now and the Jet Stream
has moved due to

the Earth's climate cycle. That why there is a drought in the western
part of The United States.

There are cycles on our planet that are longer than the lifetime of any
single man which is why

REAL scientists look to history, the evidence seen in the fossil record
and mathematical

but conservatives don't believe in the fossil record, I mean to them the
dinosaurs are only 6000 years old

calculations of the movement of planets in The Solar System to determine
what's going on.

You'd have to be pretty arrogant to think that Mankind has a very big
impact on The Earth's climate. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ZZyXX" wrote in message

but conservatives don't believe in the fossil record, I mean to them the
dinosaurs are only 6000 years old

Creationism/Darwinism have nothing to do with conservatism.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 2:00:55 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:50:56 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

According to the Democrats, global warming is a worse threat than ISIS.

Was it Kerry? Refrigerators and HVAC is more dangerous than ISIS.

Yes, Kerry. There's a petition to get him to do something about it:

https://www.change.org/p/remove-air-...fb_ref=Default

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
[...]

no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on
all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do
everything in our power to mitigate that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 11:28:19 PM UTC-5, ZZyXX wrote:
On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, ZZyXX wrote:
The climate

of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most
civilizations and

no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on
all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do
everything in our power to mitigate that.

When you figure out how to alter the Earth's orbit or adjust the output of the Sun, let me know because I'll let everyone know that from then on to refer to you as "God". ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Orbit Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-29, ZZyXX wrote:
no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on
all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do
everything in our power to mitigate that.

All we can do is adapt. If you're buying the idea that we're going to
control the earth's climate I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
There's also this big statue in New York Harbor that you might like,
I give you special price, today only.

Hell, a single decent volcanic eruption puts out more CO2 than the
human race has in its entire history. I personally will not lift
a finger or change one aspect of my life to accomodate the global
warming hucksters and their wacko religion.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's "To whom do I complain," you ignorant ass****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, GOD wrote:
The climate

of The Earth exists in cycles that are longer than the existence of most
civilizations and

no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on
all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do
everything in our power to mitigate that.

When you figure out how to alter the Earth's orbit or adjust the output of the Sun,

let me know because I'll let everyone know that from then on to refer to
you as "God". ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Orbit Monster

The first thing you need to know about Earth's orbit and its effect on
climate change is that orbital phases occur over tens of thousands of
years, so the only climate trends that orbital patterns might help
explain are long-term ones.

Even so, looking at Earth's orbital cycles can still offer some
invaluable perspective on what is happening in the short term. Most
notably, you might be surprised to learn that Earth's current warming
trend is happening in spite of a relatively cool orbital phase. It's
therefore possible to better appreciate the high degree that
anthropogenic warming must be taking place in contrast.

The immediate lesson in all of this is that there must be more to
Earth's average temperature than can be explained through orbital
phases. But a secondary lesson also lurks: Anthropogenic global warming,
which climate scientists overwhelmingly believe is the prime culprit in
our current warming trend, is at least powerful enough in the short term
to counteract a relatively cool orbital phase. It's a fact that should
at least give us pause to consider the profound effect that humans can
have on the climate even against a backdrop of Earth's natural cycles.

now of course we don't have to change the Earths orbit to affect a
positive change on climate warming...unless of course you don't believe
in greenhouses

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, GOD wrote:
[...]

World wide man made climate change is a farce promulgated by those who wish to use a contrived crisis to take control of business, industry and the lives of the citizenry through the force of law at the point of a gun so the elite Commiecrats and their friends will make a lot of money and live like kings while the only peasants sacrifice and wind up with a lower standard of living. I wrote this unlike your copy and past drivel. Try harder. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, GOD wrote:
[...]

first you post that the climate of the earth exists (in long cycles) so
that seems to be admitting that climate change is happening, and much
faster than your far-fetched orbital change...but it doesn't matter
what's causing it, what matters is dealing with it. For the oligarch
conservatives that will mean building more nuke power plants to run
their airconditioners while the peasants scrounge thru their garbage for
the leftover caviar and kobe beef
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-29, ZZyXX wrote:
no matter what's causing, this "cycle" can have devastating effects on
all life...you'd have to be arrogant to think that we shouldn't do
everything in our power to mitigate that.

All we can do is adapt. If you're buying the idea that we're going to
control the earth's climate I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
There's also this big statue in New York Harbor that you might like,
I give you special price, today only.

Hell, a single decent volcanic eruption puts out more CO2 than the
human race has in its entire history. I personally will not lift
a finger or change one aspect of my life to accomodate the global
warming hucksters and their wacko religion.

You can keep repeating the lies, but just like all the deniers lies,
they are still lies.

Human CO2 is more than 100 times volcanic CO2.

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/.../07_02_15.html

Gas studies at volcanoes worldwide have helped volcanologists tally up
a global volcanic CO2 budget in the same way that nations around the
globe have cooperated to determine how much CO2 is released by human
activity through the burning of fossil fuels. Our studies show that
globally, volcanoes on land and under the sea release a total of about
200 million tonnes of CO2 annually.

This seems like a huge amount of CO2, but a visit to the U.S. Department
of Energy's Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC) website
(http://cdiac.ornl.gov/) helps anyone armed with a handheld calculator
and a high school chemistry text put the volcanic CO2 tally into
perspective. Because while 200 million tonnes of CO2 is large, the
global fossil fuel CO2 emissions for 2003 tipped the scales at 26.8
billion tonnes. Thus, not only does volcanic CO2 not dwarf that of human
activity, it actually comprises less than 1 percent of that value.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/27/16 3:30 PM, GOD wrote:
[...]

Lookie end of the alphabet man, the climate changes daily. There is an old saying here in Alabamastan,"If you don't like the weather, stick around, it will change." The overall climate of the Earth changes on its own, mankind has nothing to do with it. Mankind is a flea on Mother Earth's ass and if she gets irritated, she can scratch us out of existence. The tsunamis that hit Japan and other nations in the region are a good example along with volcanoes of how we have NO control of the overall environment of the Earth. When you can prove to me that you can control the climate of our planet, I'll believe you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Earth Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-30, Bob F wrote:
You can keep repeating the lies, but just like all the deniers lies,
they are still lies.

You global warming hucksters are the deniers and liers. You run faked
and massaged data (original data is conveniently lost) though faulty
computer simulations and wind up with 2+2=5. (And volcanoes do emit
massive amounts of CO2.) Human activity is only about 4% of natural
sources overall.

If we assume everything that comes out of a Warmist's mouth is a lie,
most of the time that will be the correct assumption. I do everything
in my power to *increase* my carbon footprint.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com