Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Who do I complain to?

dpb wrote:
On 07/25/2016 12:04 PM, KenK wrote:
I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+
AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it
returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while low teens. Out
here in the farmland where I live, aboutc 2 miles west of town, it's
consistently been around 15 degrees above theirs since then. They report
100 on the radio weather report, 1 get 115. Yesterday it was 113 there,
132 here. ...

No, it's not a defective thermometer, all three of my outside
thermometers agree.

Mayhaps not defective thermometer, almost certainly defective measurement
(for real air temperature, anyway).

Highest record world-wide air temp is 129F or thereabouts; a measurement
of 136F in Libya has been decertified by World Meterological Organization
and a Death Valley measurement of 134F is considered likely erroneous as
well. 129F is pretty-much the limit of recognized measurements.

Of course, these are "official" air temp measurements which are defined
as being at 1.5m above ground and shielded from direct sunlight.
Ground-reflected temperatures can easily exceed air temperatures by as
much as 60-80F and perhaps even more for dark soils or paved areas, say.

Temp will vary by what's underneath the thermometer. Heat rises without
wind. Oh, there is always wind in those parts. LOL

On the good side, swamp cooler is more efficient the hotter and drier the
air. LOL

Greg