Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

Default Where do I complain?

The speakers on my tablet are tiny and not very loud, even at the
highest volume setting. Unless your ear is within a foot or so, you
can't hear them - and it's even worse when the tablet is in my case,
with the speakers aimed at the back of the case rather than at me.

Nobody told me the volume level of the onboard speakers, but then I
didn't bother to ask. So I suppose I have to let that one go.

Earbuds and headphones help, but are unacceptably uncomfortable. Nobody
told me that would be the truth of the matter either, but again I didn't
ask, so I have to let that one go, too.

I decided that a set of external speakers would be just the thing. But
which ones to get? There are so many different models, and ALL of them
say they'll be better than the onboard speakers.

Then I was in a Dollar Tree store one day, and saw something on the rack
that was just what I had in mind. Twin speakers, about the size of the
speakers in an old Walkman-style headphone, mounted in a single holder
that plug directly into the headphone jack. No messy cables to tangle or
break, and the package promised to improve the volume of any phone or
tablet. And it only cost $1!

Eagerly, I bought one. But then when I got home, opened the package, and
tried it, I was crestfallen. Not only did it NOT improve volume, as
promised, the volume was actually LOWER than the onboard speakers!

Dollar Tree won't take the package back, because it's been opened and
used. So I'm out a dollar. And they PROMISED it would work! They LIED!

I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that nobody
else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

But where? I can't decide between the FCC, FTC, FBI, NSA, EPA, USDA,
IRS, Secret Service, Homeland Security, the UN, my US senator,
Congressman, state governor, comptroller, attorney general, state
senator, assemblyman, state police, county executive, county sheriff,
district attorney, town supervisor, school district supervisor, or my
neighbor down the street.

Somebody, please help...

TJ
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

Default Where do I complain? (how about not being a dick when it comes tothe subject line?)

Somebody, please help...

Here - I'll help you.

Why don't you start by forumlating a cogent and useful subject line, so
the rest of us know what the **** your post is about so we can delete it
and move on to more important posts?
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

Somebody, please help...

Call a Psychiatrist.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

[...]

FTC.
They handle all complaints about false advertising and other consumer
complaints.

The el cheapo speakers like you bought, are generally crap.
Walmart and even Radio Shack have some amplified speakers that are small
and compact that should be better than those.
Just be careful not to leave them on for to long as they could burn out.

I have a pair of small 50 watt speakers, with woofer that are awesome.
$50 by tehmselves from HP but damn well worth it.
I have had them plugged into my laptop and they sound damn better than the
internal speakers.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 4/9/2014 1:40 PM, TJ wrote:

Nobody told me the volume level of the onboard speakers, but then I
didn't bother to ask. So I suppose I have to let that one go.

Earbuds and headphones help, but are unacceptably uncomfortable.
Nobody told me that would be the truth of the matter either, but again
I didn't ask, so I have to let that one go, too.

snip

I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that nobody
else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

But where? I can't decide between the FCC, FTC, FBI, NSA, EPA, USDA,
IRS, Secret Service, Homeland Security, the UN, my US senator,
Congressman, state governor, comptroller, attorney general, state
senator, assemblyman, state police, county executive, county sheriff,
district attorney, town supervisor, school district supervisor, or my
neighbor down the street.

Somebody, please help...

TJ

Nice job. :-) Now post several variations of this whine under
multiple usernames, and your parody will be complete.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 09 Apr 2014, TJ wrote in
comp.mobile.android:

I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that
nobody else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

You can complain here. We'll take care of it for you right away. Our
motto is, "Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed, or Your Money Back!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote
in

Somebody, please help...

Call Danny D. 1-800-CALL-FTC
--
I kill-file all messages posted through Google Groups.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

TJ wrote:
[...]

Complain to your mommy.

Get a pair or set with a subwoofer of powered computer speakers, or run a cable
from the computer to your stereo system..

Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

... won't take the package back, because it's been opened and
used. So I'm out a dollar. And they PROMISED it would work! They LIED!
Somebody, please help...

If you charged it, call your bank and dispute the charge. Cheers, -- tlvp
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.mobile.android.]
On 2014-04-09, TJ wrote:
The speakers on my tablet are tiny and not very loud, even at the
highest volume setting. Unless your ear is within a foot or so, you
can't hear them - and it's even worse when the tablet is in my case,
with the speakers aimed at the back of the case rather than at me.

Nobody told me the volume level of the onboard speakers, but then I
didn't bother to ask. So I suppose I have to let that one go.

Earbuds and headphones help, but are unacceptably uncomfortable. Nobody
told me that would be the truth of the matter either, but again I didn't
ask, so I have to let that one go, too.

I decided that a set of external speakers would be just the thing. But
which ones to get? There are so many different models, and ALL of them
say they'll be better than the onboard speakers.

[...]

http://www.instructables.com/id/Phono-Horn-Free-Sound-Dock-for-your-Smart-Phone-t/
http://preview.tinyurl.com/q5hgc5v

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

Snip
I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that nobody
else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

Somebody, please help...

TJ

The definitive place to file a complaint is with your parents.
Complain to them for raising an idiot!
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

Be it known TJ has declared...

To answer the question in your Subject: line...
Apparently everywhere.

Mike "you just aren't very good at it" Yetto
--
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn`t go
away."
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 04/10/2014 01:00 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

Snip
I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that nobody
else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

Somebody, please help...

TJ

The definitive place to file a complaint is with your parents.
Complain to them for raising an idiot!

Sounds like you have some experience in these matters. I take it your
own complaint was successfully resolved?

Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 04/09/2014 11:40 AM, TJ wrote:

[...]

The 99-Cents-Only stores in California are top notch and I love them
dearly. They're much better than the other dollar stores. Stuff used
to cost 99 cents, but now it costs 99.9 cents due to inflation. All
they can do now is give smaller sizes of stuff for which that's possible.

If I buy something there that doesn't work (a rarity, honest!) I figure
I'm still way ahead of the game and just toss the offending item into
the trash. Most of the stuff comes from China, but there are a lot of
US brands -- 6.x oz of Colgate, Aim, etc. toothpaste for a buck instead
of whatever even Walmart charges.

Too bad they don't have them in your neck of the woods!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?"
Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

The Real Bev posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

6.x oz of Colgate, Aim, etc. toothpaste for a buck instead
of whatever even Walmart charges.

Made with Chinese lead paint.

--
Tekkie

Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair

On 04/18/2014 06:08 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

The Real Bev posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

6.x oz of Colgate, Aim, etc. toothpaste for a buck instead
of whatever even Walmart charges.

Made with Chinese lead paint.

You're thinking of baby food here. They make toothpaste out of recycled
titanium dioxide. I read it on the interwebs.

They also sell a lot of Canadian canned goods and US-made cookie-type
things from companies you're never heard of.

--
Cheers, Bev
You are more likely to catch swine flu from a