Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
richard richard is offline

Default Where do I complain?

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:40:53 -0400, TJ wrote:

The speakers on my tablet are tiny and not very loud, even at the
highest volume setting. Unless your ear is within a foot or so, you
can't hear them - and it's even worse when the tablet is in my case,
with the speakers aimed at the back of the case rather than at me.

Nobody told me the volume level of the onboard speakers, but then I
didn't bother to ask. So I suppose I have to let that one go.

Earbuds and headphones help, but are unacceptably uncomfortable. Nobody
told me that would be the truth of the matter either, but again I didn't
ask, so I have to let that one go, too.

I decided that a set of external speakers would be just the thing. But
which ones to get? There are so many different models, and ALL of them
say they'll be better than the onboard speakers.

Then I was in a Dollar Tree store one day, and saw something on the rack
that was just what I had in mind. Twin speakers, about the size of the
speakers in an old Walkman-style headphone, mounted in a single holder
that plug directly into the headphone jack. No messy cables to tangle or
break, and the package promised to improve the volume of any phone or
tablet. And it only cost $1!

Eagerly, I bought one. But then when I got home, opened the package, and
tried it, I was crestfallen. Not only did it NOT improve volume, as
promised, the volume was actually LOWER than the onboard speakers!

Dollar Tree won't take the package back, because it's been opened and
used. So I'm out a dollar. And they PROMISED it would work! They LIED!

I need a place to complain, someone who'll take action so that nobody
else has to go through the agony I've felt because of this.

But where? I can't decide between the FCC, FTC, FBI, NSA, EPA, USDA,
IRS, Secret Service, Homeland Security, the UN, my US senator,
Congressman, state governor, comptroller, attorney general, state
senator, assemblyman, state police, county executive, county sheriff,
district attorney, town supervisor, school district supervisor, or my
neighbor down the street.

Somebody, please help...

TJ

FTC.
They handle all complaints about false advertising and other consumer
complaints.

The el cheapo speakers like you bought, are generally crap.
Walmart and even Radio Shack have some amplified speakers that are small
and compact that should be better than those.
Just be careful not to leave them on for to long as they could burn out.

I have a pair of small 50 watt speakers, with woofer that are awesome.
$50 by tehmselves from HP but damn well worth it.
I have had them plugged into my laptop and they sound damn better than the
internal speakers.