Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR

On 2/15/2016 7:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:12 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 5:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
SN, never hesitate to post your opinion no matter what anyone else
thinks of it. Personally, I welcome your opinion as I do that of
anyone else. What I find troubling is that some people take themselves
TOO seriously. Perhaps it's because I don't take myself seriously at
all and not only know but freely admit that I'm not important. The
world will go right on spinning long, long after I'm gone. I wish to
hell other people would realize the same things about themselves. Grow
up and get over it people! GEEZ! o_O

[8~{} Uncle Important Monster

Well thanks for that. I know we all have opinions. We often disagree.
That doesn't normally mean one is wrong and one is right, it only
means we have different opinions g

In many things, there is a clear right and wrong. Right
is what is in keeping with God's commandments through His
church, prophets, and apostles. Wrong is sin.

And that's a belief you're entitled to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 8:52 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 7:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

In many things, there is a clear right and wrong. Right
is what is in keeping with God's commandments through His
church, prophets, and apostles. Wrong is sin.

And that's a belief you're entitled to.

Sounds like an insurance ad. Book of Mormon.
That's a belief you're entitled to. You're
in good hands with the Book of Mormon. Best
eternal reward in the untimely event of your
demise. Backed by faith since 1830. Founded
by six members, now world wide. Recognized in
120 languages and countries around the globe.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 8:13:02 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/14/2016 6:25 PM, Eagle wrote:
DerbyDad03 laid this down on his screen :
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 9:50:32 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/13/2016 11:49 PM, Eagle wrote:
RonNNN formulated the question :
In article ,
says...

*** PLONK ***

WOW! I never imagined it would be this easy to sort out the sheep!

You are showing this group what a jackass you are ronnnn, so just get
out and go back to that hell hole you wallow it and leave this group
be.
There are some really fine people here including Muggles that just want
to visit and enjoy themselves, not spread hate and get off doing it
like
you are here.
If you have something of value to say here then do it, otherwise get
lost.

Are you the usenet police? After all, this is usenet where one can
post freely.

I really don't think it's your place to tell people where they can or
cannot post.

Wait a minute...isn't this usenet where one can post freely?
Who are you to question whether or not it's someone's place to tell
people anything they want? After all, this is usenet where one can
post freely.

This 'sesanymph' bis another of the goons that think they have the right
to say what can and what can't be posted. seanymph is just another of
the usenet cops under the nazi flag.

Please don't drag your hatred of me into this group.

It was nice of you to ask, but of course, he has every right to drag his hatred of you into
this newsgroup.

After all, this is usenet where one can post freely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 8:28 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

Van full of five women come knocking on my door
wanting to talk about "saving" with me.
they had their handy little little pamphlets
and a bible or two.
Only one was a reasonable weight and appearance.
Pointed to her and said, you may come in and we
can have coffee and talk.
The rest of you are way too fat and ugly you may wait
in your van down the lane off my land.
They all left and I suspect they placed me on their
Do Not Call List!
LOL!
WORD!

Written like a MCP who needs
sensetivity training.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 8:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:52 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 7:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

In many things, there is a clear right and wrong. Right
is what is in keeping with God's commandments through His
church, prophets, and apostles. Wrong is sin.

And that's a belief you're entitled to.

Sounds like an insurance ad. Book of Mormon.
That's a belief you're entitled to. You're
in good hands with the Book of Mormon. Best
eternal reward in the untimely event of your
demise. Backed by faith since 1830. Founded
by six members, now world wide. Recognized in
120 languages and countries around the globe.

Well I don't share your religious beliefs, or the religious beliefs of
most people for that matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 8:45 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

He does, which is why I asked. But, I'll let it go, see if he reverts
to his usual persona and let you sort it out g

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:59:16 -0500
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 2/15/2016 8:28 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

Van full of five women come knocking on my door
wanting to talk about "saving" with me.
they had their handy little little pamphlets
and a bible or two.
Only one was a reasonable weight and appearance.
Pointed to her and said, you may come in and we
can have coffee and talk.
The rest of you are way too fat and ugly you may wait
in your van down the lane off my land.
They all left and I suspect they placed me on their
Do Not Call List!
LOL!
WORD!

Written like a MCP who needs
sensetivity training.

**** the fat nosy Bitches!

If their religion was so good they
would not need to go bother folk by
knocking on their doors.
If you have to pound the street to pedal
your wares, you ain't got anything worth having.

WORD!
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 presented the following explanation :
[...]

This 'seanymph' likes to blame others for her hatred.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 10:11 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sounds like an insurance ad. Book of Mormon.
That's a belief you're entitled to. You're
in good hands with the Book of Mormon. Best
eternal reward in the untimely event of your
demise. Backed by faith since 1830. Founded
by six members, now world wide. Recognized in
120 languages and countries around the globe.

Well I don't share your religious beliefs, or the religious beliefs of
most people for that matter.

That's a lack of belief you're entitled to.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster submitted this idea :
I'm following that poopy head around Usenet to warn everyone about him/her/it
and that nobody should interact with h/h/i because it makes you just like
them and means you're a member of their poopy head club

You know ronnnnnnnnn very well UM....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster was thinking very hard :
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 8:51:42 AM UTC-6, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/13/2016 8:16 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/13/2016 8:51 PM, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

Several weeks ago, someone (perhaps your
self?) warned us about Muggles. I've not
seen the evil behavior you and the other
(same?) person warned.

I have no idea who might have warned you about Jenn "a few weeks ago",
perhaps you can point me in the right direction to see what you are
talking about. I've lurked here for quite some time, but have refrained
from posting here for the most part until today. I'm not saying Jenn is
evil, just stubborn, and will drag on and keep beating the dead horse
until everyone else gives up trying to bring her to her senses. If you
haven't seen that happening in the "OT Trump" threads, then you haven't
been paying attention. It's a rerun for some of us, but if you want to go
down that road I'll not stand in your way. It's kind of fun to see how
many folks get suckered in by her antics. It's equally fun to see how
many people keep beating a dead horse trying to make her see the faults
in her reasoning.

Let the games resume!

I don't archive the posts, so you're going to have to
do your own searching for the earlier warnings. Sorry.

Anyhow, you or someone has warned us about Muggles
at least twice. I've not seen any of the Muggles
problems you report. So, it makes me wonder if
you, RoNNN, are the problem?

Ron is not a problem, he is merely speaking from years of experience
trying to "discuss" with the poster.

The real problem has to do with those people who take themselves TOO
seriously. How in the hell are words going to harm you? I actually had
someone Email me and write that he thought I was a "racist". The majority of
people who toss the word "racist" around are those who have no fraking idea
what the word actually means. I am NOT Politically Correct and never will be
but I'm not wishing death and destruction upon anyone just because I disagree
with them. The people who take themselves TOO seriously can't seem to grok
what debate is all about. You argue but you don't get bent out of shape and
want to harm an opponent over words unless something is very wrong with you.
Not everyone is going to agree with you about everything no matter what but
you can't seem to appreciate that in trying to convince another person to
come around to your way of thinking, you're exercising your intellect. You
should welcome an argument with a stubborn person. No one is forcing you to
argue with anyone but little old you. This reminds me so much of the world of
Citizens Band Radio many years ago where people actually wanted to hurt
someone because they didn't like what the other person had to say. Quit
taking yourselves TOO seriously folks! Grow up, get over it! GEEZ!

[8~{} Uncle Serious Monster

seanymph and those from 'the **** pit' are doing what they do there,
here. ronnnnnnnnnnnnn just wanted to start the H&D here so he could get
his jollies. You got them, ronnnnnnnnnn, so you can go back to your
'hell hole' as seanymph puts it and pusstulate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15/02/2016 15:11, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:52 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 7:21 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

In many things, there is a clear right and wrong. Right
is what is in keeping with God's commandments through His
church, prophets, and apostles. Wrong is sin.

And that's a belief you're entitled to.

Sounds like an insurance ad. Book of Mormon.
That's a belief you're entitled to. You're
in good hands with the Book of Mormon. Best
eternal reward in the untimely event of your
demise. Backed by faith since 1830. Founded
by six members, now world wide. Recognized in
120 languages and countries around the globe.

Well I don't share your religious beliefs, or the religious beliefs of
most people for that matter.

I don't share any religious beliefs.

--
Bod

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 8:37 AM, Eagle wrote:

This 'sesanymph' bis another of the goons that think they have the right
to say what can and what can't be posted. seanymph is just another of
the usenet cops under the nazi flag.

Please don't drag your hatred of me into this group.

It was nice of you to ask, but of course, he has every right to drag his
hatred of you into this newsgroup.

After all, this is usenet where one can post freely.

This 'seanymph' likes to blame others for her hatred.

(sigh) Now we resort to the /ad hominem/ attacks. Another attempt
to spin things away from the points of the "discussion".

This is the goal of a troll. Given that Muggles/Maggie/Raven/Jenn/ELIZA
instigated this, would it be a stretch to use this as PROOF that she's
a troll?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 9:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 2/15/2016 10:11 AM, SeaNymph wrote:
On 2/15/2016 8:29 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sounds like an insurance ad. Book of Mormon.
That's a belief you're entitled to. You're
in good hands with the Book of Mormon. Best
eternal reward in the untimely event of your
demise. Backed by faith since 1830. Founded
by six members, now world wide. Recognized in
120 languages and countries around the globe.

Well I don't share your religious beliefs, or the religious beliefs of
most people for that matter.

That's a lack of belief you're entitled to.

Yes it is

Although "lack of belief" isn't entirely accurate and I'll just leave it
at that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2016 2:41 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 12:59:12 -0600, RonNNN wrote:

Jenn, (AKA Muggles, AKA Rebel, et. al.) will have the last word,
regardless who's right or wrong on any subject. She got run off from
Scorched-Earth because of her stubbornness like this, and is now turning
your group into the same type hell-hole. I've been lurking here simply
for the desire to see how long it would take for her to singlehandedly
ruin your group. Maybe it's time to try and a bit of
"alt.newsgroup.repair". I'll now return to lurk mode.

Good luck!

While I appreciate your commentary, I must say she is getting poked in
the eye with pointy sticks. It would be a shame for her to be banished
before we have some laughs and point out just how ignorant she is.

This group is a rugged bunch. I closed the hatch on Sara (real name)
from Long Beach. Suddenly she vanished, never to seen again. When the
moment arrives, this troll will vanish in the same way.

"Maggie" can't keep up her lies forever.

She would be absolutely HILARIOUS to see "taking direction" from
a Judge in a court of law:

"The witness will confine herself to answering the questions
presented by counsel..."

After being ruled a hostile witness (by defense AND prosecution),
I wonder if the judge would just cite her to get her off the
stand (deprive her of her "audience") and instruct the jury to
disregard everything she'd said (AS IF they could make sense
of any of it!)

[The wheels of justice turn slowly -- but not THAT slowly! :]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y used his keyboard to write :
On 2/15/2016 8:37 AM, Eagle wrote:

This 'sesanymph' bis another of the goons that think they have the right
to say what can and what can't be posted. seanymph is just another of
the usenet cops under the nazi flag.

Please don't drag your hatred of me into this group.

It was nice of you to ask, but of course, he has every right to drag his
hatred of you into this newsgroup.

After all, this is usenet where one can post freely.

This 'seanymph' likes to blame others for her hatred.

(sigh) Now we resort to the /ad hominem/ attacks. Another attempt
to spin things away from the points of the "discussion".

This is the goal of a troll. Given that Muggles/Maggie/Raven/Jenn/ELIZA
instigated this, would it be a stretch to use this as PROOF that she's
a troll?

No Don, Muggles is the target of trolls who can't get their "fix" of
hate in the newsgroup that ronnnn and seanymph and btj haunt and call
their "hell hole" [quote from seanymph]
It's a well known fact that this 'ronnnnnnn' fool gets off starting
trouble. His favorite word is "snicker", and he uses it after posting
crap about someone. "seanymph" is the only female in that group and has
no problem with feeding the hate ronnnnnnn and btj and others scratch
up.
I like this group, and for those fools to come here and start trouble
with an innocent poster is just their way of feeding their hatred for
everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 10:28 AM, Eagle wrote:
[...]

Again, I refer you to:
An internet troll is a person who uses *anonymity* to cause frustration,
anger, impatience or to generally be disruptive for no seemingly good
reason EXCEPT to be that nuisance.

All these words spent AVOIDING a very simple question -- prompted by
muggles' own VOLUNTEERED statement as to the evidence SHE considered
necessary to convince HER of the existence of a god.

She could have avoided all of this "frustration, anger, impatience and
disruption by simply ANSWERING THE QUESTION. As so many of US took the
time to answer HER incessant questions.

She has just CHOSEN to be a nuisance.

She could just as easily have chosen to be a rational participant in a
discussion that she so eagerly "churned".

You tolerate the inane chatter of your own young children -- in the
hope that they "grow up" to become rational beings.

You tolerate (considerably less!) the inane chatter of your friends'
young children -- out of respect for your friends and their goal of
raising rational beings.

However, the threshold quickly falls off when dealing with the
children of strangers -- the only skin in THAT game is what they
may grow up to be in a society with which you will interact
"at large" (i.e., the hope that mere chance insulates you from
their folly).

You folks (ronnnn, seanymph, yourself, muggles/jenn/raven/ELIZA, etc.)
apparently have some "history". I don't really care what it may be.
Nor do I care to expend the effort to evaluate who's "right" and
who's "wrong".

I comment only on what *I* directly observe. The great thing about
USENET is it immortalizes statements. You can spin as much as you want
but your original comments linger for posterity.

I have no problem dealing with differences of OPINION (as folks who
claim to *know* The Truth are worthy of institutionalization -- along
with all those who "hear voices"). I maintain that if "we agree"
then "one of us is unnecessary". : It is only from exploring
differences that one LEARNS.

Muggles appears unwilling to participate in that learning process;
either as teacher/example *or* student. Instead, she wants to
play the role of class clown: nothing to contribute but wanting
to be "noticed", nonetheless.

As I have said, "nothing to see, here, folks. move along"
Or, more explicitly, "nothing to be LEARNED here so don't waste
your time/effort".

Perhaps she's more willing to share her "evidence" and "rationale"
with you. I no longer see her posts (having decided there's
"nothing to see, here" and having decided to "move along"...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y explained :
[...]

It sounds like you are desturbed by what Muggles says on religion. If
you don't get the responses you want then perhaps you should just let
it go and move on?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:59:55 -0800
Eagle wrote:

Don Y explained :
[...]

Dance for jenn broken bird, Dance!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 5:24 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 12:10:05 PM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 4:06:02 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Funny , you're the second or third "person" to come in here saying that .
The thing is that I haven't seen that behavior from her . I don't recall any
earth-shaking revelations from her , but conversation has been mostly on
topic and civil .

The existence of God, what proof is acceptable, etc are now normal
topics for AHR? It doesn't tale being uncivil either, just being
a constant liar, denying obvious facts, creating circular arguments,
are sufficient.

I can't understand anyone getting bent out of shape because of a disagreement with another person. No one is forcing you to argue with them except you. What I find even more bizarre are those who wish to physically harm someone over what they have to say. You hurt my feelings, I KEEL YOU! o_O

It is beyond bizarre!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 11:50 AM, Don Y wrote:

Muggles appears unwilling to participate in that learning process;
either as teacher/example *or* student. Instead, she wants to
play the role of class clown: nothing to contribute but wanting
to be "noticed", nonetheless.

I am unwilling to fight with trolls [who have invaded this group], or
anyone who is disrespectful with me.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 10:59 AM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y explained :
[...]

You're starting to sound trollish yourself.

Did you not see my explicit comment as to the nature of my objection to her
role in the "discussion"? Did you not read THIS post? Go back and read it
AGAIN. See if you honestly think I'm saying "we disagree therefore she
is a troll"

Read the WHOLE post. Don't cherry pick a phrase or sentence -- that's
muggles' style (invite you to comment on her selective choice of
words instead of answering the question asked)

AFAICT, muggles doesn't *say* anything -- just prattles on with one
question after another all the while refusing to answer EXPLICIT
questions directed to her.

You can believe what you want of her, Seanymph, myself or anyone else.
I've made a rational decision as to the quality of her discourse.
I need not waste any more time on her or this subject.

Unlike her, I actually spend my days trying to make the world a better
place. Someday *you* may be blind, deaf, confined to a wheelchair,
aphasic, etc. and lament the time I've wasted addressing a troll
instead of addressing THOSE needs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/15/2016 11:50 AM, Don Y wrote:

Muggles appears unwilling to participate in that learning process;
either as teacher/example *or* student. Instead, she wants to
play the role of class clown: nothing to contribute but wanting
to be "noticed", nonetheless.

I am unwilling to fight with trolls [who have invaded this group], or
anyone who is disrespectful with me.

That's all fine and good but you are clearly not respectful of those
participating in an actual discussion. Don't expect respect if you treat
other shabbily.

As for invading a group, like you always used to crow about, this is
usenet. Besides, I'm sure you have many of us blocked. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 2/15/2016, Don Y supposed :
[...]

I was about to say the same of you Don. You seeem obsessed with
Muggles.

Don't you have something else on your mind but Muggles, or are you a
seanymph relation and only have hatred on your mind?

CUT BORING PRATTLE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:43:51 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster wrote:

... Jesus freaks ... we did keep a black robe ... to frak with.

Black robe? Here is what you will need:

1) Hand-bound book made with an ominous-looking hand-lettered script on the
front. Use http://www.unicode.org/charts/ to tweak your imagination. Stain
with suitable blood-coloured smudges. Build extra weight into the spine
(i.e. using fishing sinkers) so that it will fall onto the floor when
placed with less than half of its area over the edge of a table.

2) Old-style mechanical stopwatch.

3) Small 'freon'-style air horn.

4) Piece of blue chalk.

5) Empty cigarette lighter. (Empty of butane, but sparker still works.)

6) Magnet small enough to be 'palmed'.

7) Hand-made candle. It must be hand-made, because inside of it is a fairly
large battery with some custom curcuitry, basically a magnetic reed switch,
a relay, and a strip of fine gauge aluminum wire wrapped around the candle
wick. You will probably need to make a few of these until you get it right,
and practice so that when the candle is on a table, you can reliably cause
a flame to light on the wick just by bringing a magnet close to the base
underneath the table. Get a cloth or leather bag to hold all of the above.

8) Yeah, sure. A black robe and pointy hat wouldn't hurt.

They always work in pairs, usually an 'elder' and a young pup who is trying
to earn brownie points because he's after the foxy daughter of one of the
church elders. A bit of 'acting' is called for. Here is the general script:

Pup: Good morning. Have you heard the good news?

You: "Oh, you two must be JW, LDS, etc.. I've been looking forward to
your visit. Please come in." Have them sit down at a small table. Go to
your coat rack and clumsily don the robe and hat. All your other props are
in the cloth or leather bag which had been hidden under the robe.

You need to be a bit clumsy without overdoing it. Take the items from the
bag one at a time to build suspicion and worry as they try to guess what
the next item will be. Start with the stopwatch and blue chalk. Just place
them onto the table. When you remove the freon horn, hand it to the pup,
and tell him that he can be the 'safety'.

Hopefully, one of them will ask what he needs to do. (Well, we all want to
be safe, right?) Here's where your acting skills will be put to the test.
Look him straight in the eye, and solemnnly say: "Oh, don't worry. You'll
know when to use it."

Now, you need to start talking non-stop so thay cannot take control of the
interaction. Talk about the weather, sports, or, things not requiring a
response. Give the lighter to the elder or place it on table next to him if
he does not take it. Place the candle in the centre of the table.

The last time you reach into the bag, palm the magnet and pick up the book
by its weighted spine. Toss the bag away (not onto the table), and place
the book onto the table with the weighted spine overhanging the edge. If
you practice this ahead of time, you should be able to ensure that the book
falls to the floor without making it obvious that you wanted it to fall.

As you bend down to pick up the book, ask the elder to please light the
candle. Most likely he'll be a bit too freaked out, but just in case he
does try, the lighter is not capable of making a flame.

And while you're under the table picking up the book with your free hand,
with the other hand pass the magnet close to the candle so that it ignites.
When you stand again, just thank him and pocket the lighter as if he had
just lit the candle normally. This gives also you a chance to pocket the
magnet simultaneously.

candle, pocket the chalk, sit down, open the book to the last page, start
the stopwatch, and pull a pen out of your pocket. Tell them "We should be
getting some sort of a sign pretty soon".

Of course, you will need to improvise. Chant a few bars of minor melodics,
make like you want to hold hands, etc.

If you're really lucky, Junior will sound the horn. When that happens, or
when one of them stands up, stop the watch, write down something in the
book, close the book, and tell them that they just set a new record.