Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default A clue-by-four for the folks of AHR

On 2/15/2016 10:59 AM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y explained :
On 2/15/2016 10:28 AM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y used his keyboard to write :
On 2/15/2016 8:37 AM, Eagle wrote:

This 'sesanymph' bis another of the goons that think they have the right
to say what can and what can't be posted. seanymph is just another of
the usenet cops under the nazi flag.

Please don't drag your hatred of me into this group.

It was nice of you to ask, but of course, he has every right to drag his
hatred of you into this newsgroup.

After all, this is usenet where one can post freely.

This 'seanymph' likes to blame others for her hatred.

(sigh) Now we resort to the /ad hominem/ attacks. Another attempt
to spin things away from the points of the "discussion".

This is the goal of a troll. Given that Muggles/Maggie/Raven/Jenn/ELIZA
instigated this, would it be a stretch to use this as PROOF that she's
a troll?

No Don, Muggles is the target of trolls who can't get their "fix" of hate in
the newsgroup that ronnnn and seanymph and btj haunt and call their "hell hole"
[quote from seanymph]
It's a well known fact that this 'ronnnnnnn' fool gets off starting trouble.
His favorite word is "snicker", and he uses it after posting crap about
someone. "seanymph" is the only female in that group and has no problem with
feeding the hate ronnnnnnn and btj and others scratch up.
I like this group, and for those fools to come here and start trouble with an
innocent poster is just their way of feeding their hatred for everything.

Again, I refer you to:
An internet troll is a person who uses *anonymity* to cause frustration,
anger, impatience or to generally be disruptive for no seemingly good
reason EXCEPT to be that nuisance.

All these words spent AVOIDING a very simple question -- prompted by
muggles' own VOLUNTEERED statement as to the evidence SHE considered
necessary to convince HER of the existence of a god.

She could have avoided all of this "frustration, anger, impatience and
disruption by simply ANSWERING THE QUESTION. As so many of US took the
time to answer HER incessant questions.

She has just CHOSEN to be a nuisance.

She could just as easily have chosen to be a rational participant in a
discussion that she so eagerly "churned".

You tolerate the inane chatter of your own young children -- in the
hope that they "grow up" to become rational beings.

You tolerate (considerably less!) the inane chatter of your friends'
young children -- out of respect for your friends and their goal of
raising rational beings.

However, the threshold quickly falls off when dealing with the
children of strangers -- the only skin in THAT game is what they
may grow up to be in a society with which you will interact
"at large" (i.e., the hope that mere chance insulates you from
their folly).

You folks (ronnnn, seanymph, yourself, muggles/jenn/raven/ELIZA, etc.)
apparently have some "history". I don't really care what it may be.
Nor do I care to expend the effort to evaluate who's "right" and
who's "wrong".

I comment only on what *I* directly observe. The great thing about
USENET is it immortalizes statements. You can spin as much as you want
but your original comments linger for posterity.

I have no problem dealing with differences of OPINION (as folks who
claim to *know* The Truth are worthy of institutionalization -- along
with all those who "hear voices"). I maintain that if "we agree"
then "one of us is unnecessary". : It is only from exploring
differences that one LEARNS.

Muggles appears unwilling to participate in that learning process;
either as teacher/example *or* student. Instead, she wants to
play the role of class clown: nothing to contribute but wanting
to be "noticed", nonetheless.

As I have said, "nothing to see, here, folks. move along"
Or, more explicitly, "nothing to be LEARNED here so don't waste
your time/effort".

Perhaps she's more willing to share her "evidence" and "rationale"
with you. I no longer see her posts (having decided there's
"nothing to see, here" and having decided to "move along"...

It sounds like you are desturbed by what Muggles says on religion. If you don't
get the responses you want then perhaps you should just let it go and move on?

You're starting to sound trollish yourself.

Did you not see my explicit comment as to the nature of my objection to her
role in the "discussion"? Did you not read THIS post? Go back and read it
AGAIN. See if you honestly think I'm saying "we disagree therefore she
is a troll"

Read the WHOLE post. Don't cherry pick a phrase or sentence -- that's
muggles' style (invite you to comment on her selective choice of
words instead of answering the question asked)

AFAICT, muggles doesn't *say* anything -- just prattles on with one
question after another all the while refusing to answer EXPLICIT
questions directed to her.

You can believe what you want of her, Seanymph, myself or anyone else.
I've made a rational decision as to the quality of her discourse.
I need not waste any more time on her or this subject.

Unlike her, I actually spend my days trying to make the world a better
place. Someday *you* may be blind, deaf, confined to a wheelchair,
aphasic, etc. and lament the time I've wasted addressing a troll
instead of addressing THOSE needs.