Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default any one have a clue......................

...............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and removal
and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

Yes, do try that. Vaillant.
Try asking them for a copy, they're very helpful.

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/_products/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

You're both wrong, it's 'Vaillant' - I had a look on their website but its
very poor with regard to literature. I got a technical manual for a VCW
from the Vaillant HQ last time I was down there (Romford way I think), but
even they had a problem finding one to give me. However, instructions for
changing the plate heat exchanger come in the box with the new part (did one
a couple of months ago).

Angus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Aidan wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

Yes, do try that. Vaillant.
Try asking them for a copy, they're very helpful.

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/_products/

Damn these pedants. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Damn these pedants. ;-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Fentoozler wrote:
[...]

cheers for that, usually new parts come with a box and that is if your
lucky!

just preparing for tommorrow as the part has leajed all over the ceiling
and made a huge 'Bubble' on the plasterboard, glad i aint repairing the
ceiling!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fentoozler

"Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk" wrote in message
. uk...
Fentoozler wrote:
[...]

Instead of the old big plastic block, you should now receive the normal
sized plate heat exchanger and half a dozen chromed pipes which take a
little while to fit.

Angus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Fentoozler wrote:
[...]

really, so they changed the part. i won't tell my gaffer that when he
goes to pick it up! that will be funny when he argues with the counter
staff!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from "Fentoozler" nospam@mapson contains these words:

You're both wrong, it's 'Vaillant' -

I lived (and struggled) with a Vaillant combi for seven years and only
noticed the day we left that it wasn't Valliant.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Gav writes
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

Like the one I threw away last year

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

I have a manual somewhere

which is more than can be said for a visible email for you ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

(ha ha)

They seem to have about as much of a clue as you

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Gav writes
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

Actually it's a piece of **** to replace - instructions are in the box,
but anyone with a clue shouldn't need it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

(ha ha)

They seem to have about as much of a clue as you

Go play at the gap, pref with your eyes closed.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

(ha ha)

They seem to have about as much of a clue as you

Go play at the gap, pref with your eyes closed.

And as much idea how far Watford Gap is from Watford, it would seem

Rattle, rattle ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from raden contains these words:

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

Sounds like the pub in Uxbridge that had "Fosters Larger" on a big
banner across the front. Or the place next to Halfords in Bodmin with a
banner outside from which the apostrophe has clearly been removed from
"Sofa's". OK, so at least they took it off, but what on earth made them
do it in the first place?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Gav" ""gavbriggs\"@[cut the spam]blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
..............where i can get the manufacturers instructions for a
vaillent vcw 242eh, and in particular the dhw heat exchanger and
removal and replacement of

if anyone can send me a copy via email????

TIA

Can't help,but try the correct name...

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

(ha ha)

They seem to have about as much of a clue as you

Go play at the gap, pref with your eyes closed.

And as much idea how far Watford Gap is from Watford, it would seem

You don't seem to have much of a clue yourself.

Hint: There is more than one Watford.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

raden wrote:

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

I've found that most plumbers/CORGIs pronounce it as 'Valliant'. If you
pronounce the word as 'Vaillant' they will usually add extra emphasis
to the word when they next use it. 'VALLIANT' they'll say to correct
what they perceive as your mispronunciation.

The Gas shop have it written as Valliant in their window because the
CORGI installers they deal with talk of Valliant boilers.

Which makes me wonder whether I really want such people working on my
gas installation. RTFM? They haven't managed to read the box, despite
claiming to be 'professionals'. Which they're not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from raden contains these words:

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

Sounds like the pub in Uxbridge that had "Fosters Larger" on a big
banner across the front.

Or like the down-market resteraunt that advertised 'Cock Fosters' ...
it's like Coq au vin';- only it uses lager.

[apologies to 'Mornington Crescent story(?)' on BBC R4 1

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Summers

Brian Sharrock wrote:

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from raden contains these words:

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

Sounds like the pub in Uxbridge that had "Fosters Larger" on a big
banner across the front.

Or like the down-market resteraunt that advertised 'Cock Fosters' ...
it's like Coq au vin';- only it uses lager.

Reminds me of the bottle of wine that had French and English on the label.
The English translation contained the immortal words "Drink with cock in
wine".

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Brian Sharrock
writes

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from raden contains these words:

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

Sounds like the pub in Uxbridge that had "Fosters Larger" on a big
banner across the front.

Or like the down-market resteraunt

I'm saying nurthing ... !

Never in the history of spelling pedantry have there been so many
spelling mistakes

that advertised 'Cock Fosters' ...
it's like Coq au vin';- only it uses lager.

[apologies to 'Mornington Crescent story(?)' on BBC R4 1

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Rob Summers
writes
Brian Sharrock wrote:

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from raden contains these words:

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

Sounds like the pub in Uxbridge that had "Fosters Larger" on a big
banner across the front.

Or like the down-market resteraunt that advertised 'Cock Fosters' ...
it's like Coq au vin';- only it uses lager.

Reminds me of the bottle of wine that had French and English on the label.
The English translation contained the immortal words "Drink with cock in
wine".

Or two marketing disasters I remember in Germany,

Cusson's "Irisher Mist"

and

"Irisher Mist" liqueur

as mist means manure (or ****) in German, you can imagine how successful
they were

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
Aidan writes

raden wrote:

Valiant

No, it's Valliant ...

according to the rather large window display for Gas Mk1 in Watford

I've found that most plumbers/CORGIs pronounce it as 'Valliant'. If you
pronounce the word as 'Vaillant' they will usually add extra emphasis
to the word when they next use it. 'VALLIANT' they'll say to correct
what they perceive as your mispronunciation.

The Gas shop have it written as Valliant in their window because the
CORGI installers they deal with talk of Valliant boilers.

Which makes me wonder whether I really want such people working on my
gas installation. RTFM? They haven't managed to read the box, despite
claiming to be 'professionals'. Which they're not.

Try saying that in the DiyNot plumbing forum, it's great fun ...

--
geoff