Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default anyone have a clue what this pump was used with?

Still going through stuff pulled from a storage container - this is a
brass (bronze?) lubricating pump - a gear type pump. Inlet and outlet
are 3/8 NPT, the drive shaft is 5/8 inch, the only markings are the
word "CALIFORNIA" cast into the back of the pump. Mounting holes are
2 3/4 inches on center, .45 inches in diameter (probably mounted with
3/8 bolts). the shaft protrudes 2 inches from the pump body. There
is a coupler on the end of the shaft marked "MAUREY FC-070 CHICAGO" on
the end of the shaft. The back of the pump is held to the front of
the pump with 8 round head slotted brass screws.

Any clues, anyone? if you need a photo, just let me know, I can put
one on my web site or something.

thanks
Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

ok, I've added a picture on my web page, www.wbnoble.com Click on
"for sale" - it's the last picture at the bottom of the page where the
legend says "gear pump for ...."

thanks for looking and offering an opinion.

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:11:54 GMT, RoyJ wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard W.

I have seen them used to pump water on street cleaners. Gear type positive
displacement. Washes the dirt off the road OK.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William B Noble (don't reply to this address)" wrote
in message ...

ok, I've added a picture on my web page, www.wbnoble.com Click on
"for sale" - it's the last picture at the bottom of the page where the
legend says "gear pump for ...."

thanks for looking and offering an opinion.

This type of pump is very good for pumping lubricating oil to various parts
of a large machinery. When I was in the Navy I remember a similar one used
in the lubrication system of an aircraft catapult to spray oil into the
power cylinder right before every shot and retraction of the power piston.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It might be good as a pump for a TIG water cooler.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

some more info - this pump was not pumping water - it smells of
lubricating oil, and does not have the corrosion smell of brass that
has had a lot of water in it, nor an insecticide smell - I am sure it
came off a large tool, probably a mill, I'm just hoping someone can
recognize it so I can say what it fits and get it to a good home.
Otherwise, it becomes scrap brass, and that's a real waste when
someone probably has the machine that needs this.

bill

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:39:56 -0800, "Richard W."
wrote:

I have seen them used to pump water on street cleaners. Gear type positive
displacement. Washes the dirt off the road OK.

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

I've listed this pump on e-bay now, with a starting $5 bid - here is
the link

I'm sure one of you fine folks have a good use for this pump.