Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hormel and the meat industry

Muggles wrote :
On 11/20/2015 12:18 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles formulated the question :
On 11/20/2015 11:27 AM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles wrote on 11/19/2015 :
On 11/19/2015 9:28 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/18/2015 09:44 PM, Muggles wrote:
I haven't had SPAM since I was old enough to buy own groceries. lol

Maybe the taste had improved since I last had some?

One of my comfort foods is Spam and cabbage. About once a year.

Change that to corned beef and cabbage and I'm with you!

EEEEW! I can't eat let alone smell corned beef and cabbage!

I guess it is an acquired taste!

Take out the cabbage and I'll eat the beef, but the cabbage smells like
cauliflower and I will NOT eat cauliflower!

I love cabbage. Simmer it in water til tender and then drain it. Serve
it up with a bit of salt and pepper, and sprinkle a small bit of vinegar
over it while a pat of butter melts. yum!

YUK!
Raw broccoli is good. I eat it with salad and really like it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster explained on 11/20/2015 :
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5:41:57 AM UTC-6, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 00:05:03 -0800 (PST)
Uncle Monster wrote:

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 7:13:09 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/19/2015 6:25 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:16:39 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 11/19/2015 6:03 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:08:38 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

its the most disquisting thing i have ever watched

Maybe you like Scrapple and how it is made down on the farm?

"...Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head,
heart, liver, and other trimmings, which are boiled with any
bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth.

My dad used to cook scrapple for us when we were kids, and I
loved it! I still do, only, can't get it any more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple#Composition

Eat everything but the squeal...

Canned Vienna sausage and Spam are okay if you get really,
really hungry. I prefer dead cow, cut off the horns, wipe the
ass and put it on a plate.

Spam is bad and scrapple is good. You must be a Yankee.

Try a pickled pig's foot and a beer.

My dad was a Yankee and my mom a Southerner, but we lived in the
South the majority of my life.
--
Maggie

Those Damn Yankees come down South, see how beautiful the area is and
how wonderful the people really are and we can't get the SOB's to go
home. We want them to believe all that horrible stereotypical bull
poop they see in Hollywood movies so they'll be afraid to come here.
They come in and want to turn the place into Yankee Town. They're a
toxic invading species worse than the illegal aliens who're infesting
the place. (ง'̀-'́)ง

Have you hugged a horrible Yankee today?

[8~{} Uncle Rebel Monster

You said you have not talked to jenn since right after
she left SE, yet here you are...WTF?

I've never talked to Jenn but I did once receive Emails from her. (・_・ヾ

[8~{} Uncle Present Monster

Ignore that freak Monster Dude. Put him in your **** bin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 12:37:50 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/20/2015 11:35 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 2:05:19 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:30:26 -0700, rbowman
wrote:
I've been in a cooking mood off and on for a couple
of weeks. Meatloaf and scalloped potatoes have
been on the menu recently. mmmmmmmm

Yeah, meatloaf... I've never been able to perfect the
old diner meatloaf experience. I probably can't bring
myself to add enough oatmeal, bread crumbs, and
sawdust. It's hard to find any of that old diner
comfort food anymore. I can come close with the
rice pudding and a few other things.

Sounds good. I like rice pudding.

Walking home from our Boy Scout meeting on Friday nights *always*
included a stop at the German deli for Rice Pudding and then a
stop at the soda shop a few doors down for a Vanilla Egg Cream.

Queens, NY

A childhood memory for me is when my dad brought home Crystal hamburgers
by the sack and divided them up between us kids! mmmmmmmm

--
Maggie

Krystal appears to be the southern version of White Castle. 10 - 12 White
Castles were the 2AM snack of choice after the bars closed down.

http://smallchickbigdeals.com/wp-con...hitecastle.jpg

or: http://tinyurl.com/pvjuw88

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ccfdda5f95.jpg

or: http://tinyurl.com/ob4wh7q

We can buy 'em frozen by the box now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yes, pretty sure they're the same thing, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 03:44 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
There are more things in common between Jews and Muslims than they will ever admit. Perhaps that explains why they hate each other so much?

If you look at history, the Jews often did better under Moslem rule than
under Christian. For example, they did well in Moslem Spain. Then Ferdie
and Izzie forced them to convert or expelled them.

Moving into Palestine en masse queered that deal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 05:06 PM, Eagle wrote:
Raw broccoli is good. I eat it with salad and really like it.

+1. My doctor mentioned warfarin in passing and I told her that just
about took care of the vegetables I enjoy. My brother, otoh, only agreed
with GHW Bush on one thing -- broccoli -- and was happy to have an
excuse to not eat it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 03:57 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I eat almost anything except hot peppers. I can't handle spicy hot stuff. (o_-)

Breakfast:

Slice up half an onion, throw in frying pan
Slice up four or five cloves of garlic, throw in frying pan
Slice up a jalapeno, throw in frying pan
Break two eggs on top of the veggies
Lay a slice of cheese over the whole mess, and cover.

I had a lipid panel Monday and the doctor told me to just keep eating
what I had been eating, just don't tell her about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 10:35 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Walking home from our Boy Scout meeting on Friday nights*always*
included a stop at the German deli for Rice Pudding and then a
stop at the soda shop a few doors down for a Vanilla Egg Cream.

Now there's truth in advertising. Ain't no egg, ain't no cream.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 10:25 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 03:57 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I eat almost anything except hot peppers. I can't handle spicy hot
stuff. (o_-)

Breakfast:

Slice up half an onion, throw in frying pan
Slice up four or five cloves of garlic, throw in frying pan
Slice up a jalapeno, throw in frying pan
Break two eggs on top of the veggies
Lay a slice of cheese over the whole mess, and cover.

I had a lipid panel Monday and the doctor told me to just keep eating
what I had been eating, just don't tell her about it.

Chop up a potato and throw in frying pan
Add chopped onion and fry along with potato
Add some choice seasoning
Scramble fresh eggs (just grabbed right from the nest)
Stir fry eggs with the rest til potatoes and onion are slightly crisp
Warm large flour tortilla
Spread scrambled mixture into tortilla and roll up. YUM!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 10:37 AM, Muggles wrote:
A childhood memory for me is when my dad brought home Crystal hamburgers
by the sack and divided them up between us kids! mmmmmmmm

http://hotdogcharlies.com/about-us.html

The hairy arm technique was still used in the 60's before they went to
an aluminum tray. 10 cents apiece and the deal was to see how many you
could scarf down.

They call it chili sauce but it's not like any chili sauce you've had
unless you've been to Charlie's. It's sort of a Greek/Armenian taste
like if you scraped the topping off lahmajoun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 04:57 PM, Eagle wrote:
Think that's bad, think about all the Lakota kids that were slaughtered
at Wounded Knee. :/

The first or second batch? I figure if they can cut Pollard loose it's
time to let Peltier out too. He's not getting any younger.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 10:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 10:37 AM, Muggles wrote:
A childhood memory for me is when my dad brought home Crystal hamburgers
by the sack and divided them up between us kids! mmmmmmmm

http://hotdogcharlies.com/about-us.html

The hairy arm technique was still used in the 60's before they went to
an aluminum tray. 10 cents apiece and the deal was to see how many you
could scarf down.

They call it chili sauce but it's not like any chili sauce you've had
unless you've been to Charlie's. It's sort of a Greek/Armenian taste
like if you scraped the topping off lahmajoun.

Sounds good. I had to look up what a lahmajoun was, which sounded
pretty good, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster presented the following explanation :
On 2015-11-20, Eagle no@not wrote:

EEEEW! I can't eat let alone smell corned beef and cabbage!

Sucks to be you!

nb

Watch out, Big Chief Eagle will scalp you. (﹏)

[8~{} Uncle Hairy Monster

Yeah...I hate hairy steak!

Meat eating Eagle

You must shave them before you cook them unless you singe the hair off with a direct flame. It's also a good idea to gut, skin and clean them before cooking unless you go for the extremely primitive caveman cooking methods. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cave Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 5:57:40 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote :
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 9:08:07 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 12:00 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Oh, so you're one of those callous racist Left Wing loons who approves of
the fact that more Negro babies are aborted than are born.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

THAT'S RACIST! I thought Black lives mattered but the odd thing about the
people in the BLM movement is the fact that they don't give a frak about
Black genocide. It's absolutely astounding how uncaring they are about their
own when their babies are being slaughtered. I guess it's only teenage thugs
who's lives matter? ¯\_*_*_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Callous Monster

Think that's bad, think about all the Lakota kids that were slaughtered
at Wounded Knee. :/

Hell, what about the Paleface children murdered by federal agents at Waco, Texas? I don't recall any national outrage and rioting because White lives don't matter. I can only surmise that Red and White lives don't matter. The next thing to happen will be the government slaughter of Smurfs or The Blue Man Group. Then we can say that Red, White and Blue lives don't matter. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Blue Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I rarely killfile anyone and I can't now since I started using a Chromebook and am stuck with Gaggle of Groups. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Group Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Darn! I'm going to get my buddy to bring me a dozen fresh Krystal Burgers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Crystal Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 10:15:32 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 03:44 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
There are more things in common between Jews and Muslims than they will ever admit. Perhaps that explains why they hate each other so much?

If you look at history, the Jews often did better under Moslem rule than
under Christian. For example, they did well in Moslem Spain. Then Ferdie
and Izzie forced them to convert or expelled them.

Moving into Palestine en masse queered that deal.

Hell, my Catholic cousins were rough on my Jewish cousins and on themselves too. I believe The Pope was a real terrorist way back then. It's amazing that the most horrible atrocities have been committed in the name of God. It still goes on to this day. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Godforsaken Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 10:23:57 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 03:57 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I eat almost anything except hot peppers. I can't handle spicy hot stuff. (o_-)

Breakfast:

Slice up half an onion, throw in frying pan
Slice up four or five cloves of garlic, throw in frying pan
Slice up a jalapeno, throw in frying pan
Break two eggs on top of the veggies
Lay a slice of cheese over the whole mess, and cover.

I had a lipid panel Monday and the doctor told me to just keep eating
what I had been eating, just don't tell her about it.

I've used a lot of garlic and onions when cooking, just no hot peppers. I'm a hot pepper wuss and not ashamed of it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spice Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster laid this down on his screen :
On 2015-11-20, Eagle no@not wrote:

EEEEW! I can't eat let alone smell corned beef and cabbage!

Sucks to be you!

nb

Watch out, Big Chief Eagle will scalp you. (﹏)

[8~{} Uncle Hairy Monster

Yeah...I hate hairy steak!

Meat eating Eagle

You must shave them before you cook them unless you singe the hair off with a
direct flame. It's also a good idea to gut, skin and clean them before
cooking unless you go for the extremely primitive caveman cooking methods.
^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cave Monster

Haven't you heard? Us Native people are 2 centurie behind the white
eye, so we eat our elk raw. )
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman used his keyboard to write :
On 11/20/2015 05:06 PM, Eagle wrote:
Raw broccoli is good. I eat it with salad and really like it.

+1. My doctor mentioned warfarin in passing and I told her that just about
took care of the vegetables I enjoy. My brother, otoh, only agreed with GHW
Bush on one thing -- broccoli -- and was happy to have an excuse to not eat
it.

Broccoli is high in nutrients, but gives you gas, so expect a few
'fluffs' after dining. :')

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles used his keyboard to write :
[...]

OOOOOO that sounds gooood!
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/20/2015, rbowman supposed :
On 11/20/2015 04:57 PM, Eagle wrote:
Think that's bad, think about all the Lakota kids that were slaughtered
at Wounded Knee. :/

The first or second batch? I figure if they can cut Pollard loose it's time
to let Peltier out too. He's not getting any younger.

That won't happen. The white eye has Leonard as a trophy, so He will
die in the white eyes jail. :/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster formulated on Friday :
Uncle Monster wrote :
[...]

Sorry Monster Man, Wounded Knee is a very tender subject for Me. :/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

OK, then just pass him on by. [I'm not trying to tell you what to do,
just trying to save you some unneeded grief. ^^
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 21:44:33 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/20/2015 04:57 PM, Eagle wrote:
Think that's bad, think about all the Lakota kids that were slaughtered
at Wounded Knee. :/

The first or second batch? I figure if they can cut Pollard loose it's
time to let Peltier out too. He's not getting any younger.

To don't think Peltier will ever get out because federal agents were
killed. When I was TDY at USP-Marion in '83, I worked on his cell
block. He was no trouble at all. Marion went into permanent lock down
when two correctional officers were killed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles formulated on Friday :
On 11/20/2015 10:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 10:37 AM, Muggles wrote:
A childhood memory for me is when my dad brought home Crystal hamburgers
by the sack and divided them up between us kids! mmmmmmmm

http://hotdogcharlies.com/about-us.html

The hairy arm technique was still used in the 60's before they went to
an aluminum tray. 10 cents apiece and the deal was to see how many you
could scarf down.

They call it chili sauce but it's not like any chili sauce you've had
unless you've been to Charlie's. It's sort of a Greek/Armenian taste
like if you scraped the topping off lahmajoun.

Sounds good. I had to look up what a lahmajoun was, which sounded
pretty good, too.

I had to look it up as well. It looks like ground up leftovers, or
scrapple with a mess of greens thrown in.
I hope it tastes better than it looks.... :/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 12:15 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 7:12:54 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:

Ignore that freak Monster Dude. Put him in your **** bin.

I rarely killfile anyone and I can't now since I started using a Chromebook and am stuck with Gaggle of Groups. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Group Monster

I like the kill file function especially because it not only lets you
kill file usernames, but it let's you kill entire thread topics when
they bleed over from someone cross-posting from groups I've never posted
to. It sure helps clean up the group.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 12:40 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 10:23:57 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 03:57 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I eat almost anything except hot peppers. I can't handle spicy hot stuff. (o_-)

Breakfast:

Slice up half an onion, throw in frying pan
Slice up four or five cloves of garlic, throw in frying pan
Slice up a jalapeno, throw in frying pan
Break two eggs on top of the veggies
Lay a slice of cheese over the whole mess, and cover.

I had a lipid panel Monday and the doctor told me to just keep eating
what I had been eating, just don't tell her about it.

I've used a lot of garlic and onions when cooking, just no hot peppers. I'm a hot pepper wuss and not ashamed of it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Spice Monster

I can't eat hot peppers, but I'm good at growing them in my garden.
This year I actually got some ghost peppers to give away. Right now I
must have 50 on the bush just now changing colors, and my habaneros
finally started putting out fruit towards the end of the summer and they
are changing colors now, too. So far it hasn't been cold enough at
night to kill the plants back and I'm going to cover them if we get a
frost to hopefully extend their survival long enough to get them to turn
so we can harvest them. I only grow them so I can give them away.
That's the BEST part about growing them, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles used his keyboard to write :
On 11/21/2015 12:15 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 7:12:54 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:

Ignore that freak Monster Dude. Put him in your **** bin.

I rarely killfile anyone and I can't now since I started using a Chromebook
and am stuck with Gaggle of Groups. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Group Monster

I like the kill file function especially because it not only lets you
kill file usernames, but it let's you kill entire thread topics when
they bleed over from someone cross-posting from groups I've never posted
to. It sure helps clean up the group.

Where it the killfile on T-bird? I never could get that to work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle no@not now.ever Sat, 21 Nov
2015 20:28:08 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Muggles used his keyboard to write :
On 11/21/2015 12:15 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 7:12:54 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:

Ignore that freak Monster Dude. Put him in your **** bin.

I rarely killfile anyone and I can't now since I started using a
Chromebook and am stuck with Gaggle of Groups. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Group Monster

I like the kill file function especially because it not only lets
you kill file usernames, but it let's you kill entire thread
topics when they bleed over from someone cross-posting from
groups I've never posted to. It sure helps clean up the group.

Where it the killfile on T-bird? I never could get that to work.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29

Try again, then. Quitters never do get anything done or working on
their own.

--
When I was a kid, I...
No wait, I still do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wonder what humanity has come too.

Sure meat animals are grown to be killed for food.

but theres no reason to butcher them while still alive, alert, and aware.

when they could be easily knocked out so they dont die in severe pain suffering.

besides the hormones released might be bad for the humans that consume the meat.

and the animals with big puss boils on them cant be healthy, for the animals or the humans that eat the meat
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 08:08 AM, Eagle wrote:

Broccoli is high in nutrients, but gives you gas, so expect a few
'fluffs' after dining. :')

No problem there. I pretty much have either tuna or salmon salad made
with raw broccoli five days a week so my digestive system has adapted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 09:31 PM, Muggles wrote:
Chop up a potato and throw in frying pan
Add chopped onion and fry along with potato
Add some choice seasoning
Scramble fresh eggs (just grabbed right from the nest)
Stir fry eggs with the rest til potatoes and onion are slightly crisp
Warm large flour tortilla
Spread scrambled mixture into tortilla and roll up. YUM!

I'm sort of a meat and potatoes guy without the potatoes. Feed the
potato and tortilla to the chicken when you steal her eggs.

I do have some of those dehydrated hash browns and will throw them in
very infrequently and when I'm down in AZ I do go native with the
tortillas but it isn't my normal thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 11:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I've used a lot of garlic and onions when cooking, just no hot peppers. I'm a hot pepper wuss and not ashamed of it. ^_^

Some of the guys at work are into the macho Scovill unit stuff. One of
them brought in a can of Da'Bomb Ghost Pepper Nuts for the snack shelf.
One peanut is just fine, thank you. I'm waiting for the screams of agony
when someone outside of the engineering group wanders in and helps
himself to a handful.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 09:48 PM, Muggles wrote:
Sounds good. I had to look up what a lahmajoun was, which sounded
pretty good, too.

It is. I think the Armenians throw in some mint, cinnamon, and stuff so
it's a unique flavor. For some historical reason the area where I grew
up had quite a few Armenians so the food was around. The girls weren't
bad either and none of them had the Kardashian deformities.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 08:06 AM, Eagle wrote:
Haven't you heard? Us Native people are 2 centurie behind the white eye,
so we eat our elk raw. )

Us white eyes had that down pat a long time ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

I had that once at a upscale restaurant where they wheeled out a cart
and did the hacking and whacking at the table. A woman at the next table
asked what it was and when I explained she turned a little green.

Like the Wiki page says, we used to call the not so hoity-toity version
cannibal sandwiches. It's a German thing and if you think Native
Americans are primitive you haven't met a hungry kraut. We'll eat
anything we can chew. If we can't chew it, we'll boil it for a while and
try again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 11:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Then we can say that Red, White and Blue lives don't matter.

Bluish lives matter...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 08:12 AM, Eagle wrote:
Sorry Monster Man, Wounded Knee is a very tender subject for Me. :/

That's only part of it. Mari Sandoz' 'Cheyenne Autumn' is a good book
about the Northern Cheyenne going home after they had been relocated to
Oklahoma. It was basically a 1500 mile fighting retreat in the late
autumn and winter. Considering home for the Northern Cheyenne is now
Lame Deer, MT I wonder if it was worth it. Lame Deer makes Browning
(Blackfeet) look upscale.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2015 11:34 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
It's amazing that the most horrible atrocities have been committed in the name of God. It still goes on to this day. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiyMiWXvZYc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2015 7:26 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 09:31 PM, Muggles wrote:
Chop up a potato and throw in frying pan
Add chopped onion and fry along with potato
Add some choice seasoning
Scramble fresh eggs (just grabbed right from the nest)
Stir fry eggs with the rest til potatoes and onion are slightly crisp
Warm large flour tortilla
Spread scrambled mixture into tortilla and roll up. YUM!

I'm sort of a meat and potatoes guy without the potatoes. Feed the
potato and tortilla to the chicken when you steal her eggs.

I think its my southern roots that likes the fried potatoes with my
eggs, although if I have ham I like it chopped and added too, or even
some lean sausage.

I do have some of those dehydrated hash browns and will throw them in
very infrequently and when I'm down in AZ I do go native with the
tortillas but it isn't my normal thing.

I kind of have to be in the mood for the whole shpeal, but my grown son
can eat 6 eggs mixed with all those fixings, plus 2 pcs of toast and
still not be full!
--
Maggie