Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hormel and the meat industry

On 11/22/2015 7:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 12:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
The birds enjoy eating the poke berries, at least the
birds that can eat them. I haven't cooked a mess of poke for some years,
though.

After looking it up I recognized the purple berries. I never tried to
eat it though. I guess if you can eat skunk cabbage, sort of, pokeweed
might be delicious.

My grandmother used to pick poke leaves and cook them and then fry them
up with eggs. I always loved it from the first time I tried it.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 9:41:13 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/22/2015 7:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 12:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
The birds enjoy eating the poke berries, at least the
birds that can eat them. I haven't cooked a mess of poke for some years,
though.

After looking it up I recognized the purple berries. I never tried to
eat it though. I guess if you can eat skunk cabbage, sort of, pokeweed
might be delicious.

My grandmother used to pick poke leaves and cook them and then fry them
up with eggs. I always loved it from the first time I tried it.

--
Maggie

One of the coolest (and funniest) versions of the song ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vkYVWA6yzY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 10:45:29 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Muggles formulated on Saturday :
On 11/21/2015 7:26 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 09:31 PM, Muggles wrote:
Chop up a potato and throw in frying pan
Add chopped onion and fry along with potato
Add some choice seasoning
Scramble fresh eggs (just grabbed right from the nest)
Stir fry eggs with the rest til potatoes and onion are slightly crisp
Warm large flour tortilla
Spread scrambled mixture into tortilla and roll up. YUM!

I'm sort of a meat and potatoes guy without the potatoes. Feed the
potato and tortilla to the chicken when you steal her eggs.

I think its my southern roots that likes the fried potatoes with my
eggs, although if I have ham I like it chopped and added too, or even
some lean sausage.

I do have some of those dehydrated hash browns and will throw them in
very infrequently and when I'm down in AZ I do go native with the
tortillas but it isn't my normal thing.

I kind of have to be in the mood for the whole shpeal, but my grown son
can eat 6 eggs mixed with all those fixings, plus 2 pcs of toast and
still not be full!

I make a four egg onelet some mornings, and add cheese, bacon bits,
chopped green onion and a clove of crushed garlic.
YUM!
OH....and some very hot salsa. [Sorry Uncle M... ]

I'd roll away as fast as I could to escape the heat. (x_x)

[8~{} Uncle Fire Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 11:29:20 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
On 11/22/2015 10:45 AM, Eagle wrote:
[...]

I used to stir fry scrambled eggs with either cooked/drained spinach, or
poke salad. YUMMMMMMMM!

Poke salad?

I often poke my salad to make sure there's nothing alive in it. |ʘʘ)

[8~{} Uncle Pokey Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:31:41 -0600, Muggles wrote:

Scramble fresh eggs

If you want REALLY fluffy scrambled eggs, there is an ingredient found in
most kitchens that is incredibly effective.

(Baking powder.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 11:47:29 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Uncle Monster has brought this to us :
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 7:30:00 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/20/2015 11:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I've used a lot of garlic and onions when cooking, just no hot peppers. I'm
a hot pepper wuss and not ashamed of it. ^_^

Some of the guys at work are into the macho Scovill unit stuff. One of
them brought in a can of Da'Bomb Ghost Pepper Nuts for the snack shelf..
One peanut is just fine, thank you. I'm waiting for the screams of agony
when someone outside of the engineering group wanders in and helps
himself to a handful.

I've taken cayenne pepper capsules before because the compounds in the pepper
are supposed to be good for blood circulation. The only problem was when I
had an irritated tailpipe and went to the bathroom to drop a load of Ready
Mix. The effect on my hemorrhoids made it feel like I was crapping napalm.
IEEK! o_O

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

"crapping napalm"....buhahahahahahahahaha!
BTDT!

Burning Man or Rocket Man. ヽ(^o^)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Fire Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2015 1:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 9:41:13 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/22/2015 7:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 12:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
The birds enjoy eating the poke berries, at least the
birds that can eat them. I haven't cooked a mess of poke for some years,
though.

After looking it up I recognized the purple berries. I never tried to
eat it though. I guess if you can eat skunk cabbage, sort of, pokeweed
might be delicious.

My grandmother used to pick poke leaves and cook them and then fry them
up with eggs. I always loved it from the first time I tried it.

--
Maggie

One of the coolest (and funniest) versions of the song ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vkYVWA6yzY

Boy, that brings back memories of Hee Haw, I think!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2015 6:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I got a salad once at Marie Calendars restaurant that had pcs of small
gravel in it. Almost broke a tooth on it!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2015 6:56 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:31:41 -0600, Muggles wrote:

Scramble fresh eggs

If you want REALLY fluffy scrambled eggs, there is an ingredient found in
most kitchens that is incredibly effective.

(Baking powder.)

Really? Just a pinch or more than that?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:56:41 -0500, Mike Duffy
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:31:41 -0600, Muggles wrote:

Scramble fresh eggs

If you want REALLY fluffy scrambled eggs, there is an ingredient found in
most kitchens that is incredibly effective.

(Baking powder.)

Never thought of that. I changed from using milk to using water.

Fluffier scrambled eggs resulted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 12:58:41 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
After serious thinking Oren wrote :
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 09:29:13 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

Poke salad?

Wild greens harvested from the land. aka pokeweed.

http://www.pokesaladfestival.com/plant.htm

" the young shoots, properly prepared, taste like asparagus; but the
large, perennial root produces a cathartic poison, phytolaccin."

Where can you find this bush?

I think Bush is back in Texas. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Shrub Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/23/2015, Muggles supposed :
On 11/23/2015 6:51 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 11:29:20 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:

[...]

Poke salad?

I often poke my salad to make sure there's nothing alive in it. |ʘʘ)

[8~{} Uncle Pokey Monster

I got a salad once at Marie Calendars restaurant that had pcs of small
gravel in it. Almost broke a tooth on it!

Fortified with vitamins and minerals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 1:07:34 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 10:29 AM, Eagle wrote:

Poke salad?

That's a real clue that she's a Southerner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRF24LY5pvw

I actually recall seeing the original broadcast. ヽ(^o^)ノ

[8~{} Uncle TV Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 1:17:34 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 06:11 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
My Cavebilly and Cavewop progenitors handed down recipes through the eons for paleo fine dining utilizing everything that swam, flew, walked, crawled or slithered.

My wife got a little judgmental when she opened the icebox and found a
nice mess of eels soaking in salt water. Said either her or the eels
were going. Should have kept the eels. I never did find out if it was
the eels she objected to as much as their former home, the Hudson river.

Not only will Italians and Hillbillies eat anything but they will mate with anything. I'm pretty sure I have a lot of critter cousins. ヽ(^o^)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Critter Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 1:26:40 PM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 08:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I actually learned more history after I left school because I read just about everything.

You're not supposed to do that; it defeats the careful government
programming.

When I was a small boy I was tortured and yelled at a lot when I questioned what the nuns were telling me. It wasn't quite as bad in the government schools when I was sent there but it was before the great Leftist infestation of the government school systems. When I was a little kid I didn't believe anything grownups were telling me because like my siblings, I had a very sensitive male bovine droppings detector. I stayed in trouble. (ง'̀-'́)ง

[8~{} Uncle Skeptical Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 1:57:50 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 9:41:13 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/22/2015 7:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/22/2015 12:16 PM, Muggles wrote:
The birds enjoy eating the poke berries, at least the
birds that can eat them. I haven't cooked a mess of poke for some years,
though.

After looking it up I recognized the purple berries. I never tried to
eat it though. I guess if you can eat skunk cabbage, sort of, pokeweed
might be delicious.

My grandmother used to pick poke leaves and cook them and then fry them
up with eggs. I always loved it from the first time I tried it.

--
Maggie

One of the coolest (and funniest) versions of the song ever done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vkYVWA6yzY

Nowadays, you see mostly Afrocentric rap crap on TV. Perhaps that's why a lot of people eschew broadcast television in the 21st Century? (´_`)

[8~{} Uncle Rap Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:05:55 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

I got a salad once at Marie Calendars restaurant that had pcs of small
gravel in it. Almost broke a tooth on it!

Don't order salad on the rocks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:31:41 -0600, Muggles wrote:

Scramble fresh eggs

If you want REALLY fluffy scrambled eggs, there is an ingredient found in
most kitchens that is incredibly effective.

(Baking powder.)

Never thought of that. I changed from using milk to using water.

Fluffier scrambled eggs resulted.

Have you ever tried to scramble eggs when the're still in the hen? That guy with the "Will It Blend" YouTube channel may have tried it but I think it would make a great Joe Cartoon. (_)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ_zfkNcxRQ

[8~{} Uncle Blended Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 22:31:41 -0600, Muggles wrote:

Scramble fresh eggs

If you want REALLY fluffy scrambled eggs, there is an ingredient found in
most kitchens that is incredibly effective.

(Baking powder.)

Never thought of that. I changed from using milk to using water.

Fluffier scrambled eggs resulted.

I Tbsp of water per egg for a fluffy omelet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:06:34 -0600, Muggles wrote:

(Baking powder.)

Really? Just a pinch or more than that?

It depends how fluffy you want them. Start with about a half cc per egg and
then adjust according to your desired level of spongyness. It will depend
on your local atmosphereic pressure (elevation plus a slight effect due to
weather) as well. Because the BP is being activated relatively quickly
(i.e. as opposed to in a cake or whatever) and also because cooked egg is
less permiable to CO2 than cooked dough, minor differences in the quantity
will lead to noticable differences in spongyness.

If they are to be very fluffy, they need to be cooked slower because when
they become spongy they effectively become thermal insulators, and tend
thus to burn where the heat is applied. It has just occured to me now while
writing this that probably using a microwave oven would be better than a
skillet. I've never tried that. Why don't you do some experiments and get
back to us?

I also have a recipe for "The yolk's on you" exploding eggs if anyone is
interested.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2015 08:29 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
I also have a recipe for "The yolk's on you" exploding eggs if anyone is
interested.

Microwaving raw chicken livers is also fun...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I got a salad once at Marie Calendars restaurant that had pcs of small
gravel in it. Almost broke a tooth on it!

Don't order salad on the rocks.

I'll add that to the list of things to never order.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/23/2015 9:29 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:
[...]

I tend to like eggs over easy, or just scrambled eggs with sausage in
it. In an omelet I really love to add corned beef hash, and let it get
a tad bit crispy before I flip the omelet.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 9:29:11 PM UTC-6, Mike Duffy wrote:
[...]

One of my girlfriends once worked as a cook in a Waffle House and she made omelets that were very light and fluffy because she used a blender. She would use the blender on high speed on the eggs first then dump in the other ingredients and give it a short slow spin to mix it all up. The omelets were wonderful. (ノ^_^)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Omelet Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 12:21:48 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

2 eggs over easy, a 6 oz tenderloin, crisp hash browns, whole wheat toast,
a large OJ, black coffee, good friends and a friendly server.

Now *that's* what I call breakfast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2015 9:05 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I'd swap the tenderloin for thin crispy bacon or maybe some sausage. mmmmmm

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

I like scrambled fresh eggs(not made from power, they often do) with
Tabasco sauce.Thick home made bacon or sausage, not the processed kind
loaded with chemicals. In this day and age, who eats white bread(Toast)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 11:33:41 AM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
[...]

You'll note that I said whole wheat toast, not white bread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 11:08:52 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

That's my "basic" breakfast. The tenderloin takes it up a culinary
notch. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 07:05:28 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

2 eggs over easy, a 6 oz tenderloin, crisp hash browns, whole wheat toast,
a large OJ, black coffee, good friends and a friendly server.

Now *that's* what I call breakfast.

I like hash browns crispy too. They seem to bring 'hash whites' as I
call them, so I always tell the sever -- I want hash browns and not
hash whites

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2015 10:33 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
[...]

We get our eggs warm right after the chicken lays them. Now THAT's what
I call fresh eggs.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

I like whole wheat, but lately I've been partial to raisin bagels.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/24/2015 10:56 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I can't seem to digest beef very well since I had my gall bladder out,
so if I eat beef it either has to be ground, or in a stew where it's
falling apart tender.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

2 eggs over easy, a 6 oz tenderloin, crisp hash browns, whole wheat toast,
a large OJ, black coffee, good friends and a friendly server.

Now *that's* what I call breakfast.

I like hash browns crispy too. They seem to bring 'hash whites' as I
call them, so I always tell the sever -- I want hash browns and not
hash whites

I love it when corned beef hash is cooked crispy. The same with slices
of scrapple, but it's been a long time since I could get some scrapple.
My dad mailed me some packed in dry ice a few years before he passed
away, and haven't had any since.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles posted for all of us...

I love it when corned beef hash is cooked crispy. The same with slices
of scrapple, but it's been a long time since I could get some scrapple.
My dad mailed me some packed in dry ice a few years before he passed
away, and haven't had any since.

No need for the dry ice, scrapple will survive anything ;-)

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-11-25, Tekkie wrote:

scrapple will survive anything ;-)

Apparently, it will even survive a name with "crap" in it.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2015 3:42 PM, Tekkie wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

I love it when corned beef hash is cooked crispy. The same with slices
of scrapple, but it's been a long time since I could get some scrapple.
My dad mailed me some packed in dry ice a few years before he passed
away, and haven't had any since.

No need for the dry ice, scrapple will survive anything ;-)

LOL Hadn't thought of that, but better safe than sorry.

--
Maggie