Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Duffy[_3_] Mike Duffy[_3_] is offline

Default hormel and the meat industry

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:06:34 -0600, Muggles wrote:

(Baking powder.)

Really? Just a pinch or more than that?

It depends how fluffy you want them. Start with about a half cc per egg and
then adjust according to your desired level of spongyness. It will depend
on your local atmosphereic pressure (elevation plus a slight effect due to
weather) as well. Because the BP is being activated relatively quickly
(i.e. as opposed to in a cake or whatever) and also because cooked egg is
less permiable to CO2 than cooked dough, minor differences in the quantity
will lead to noticable differences in spongyness.

If they are to be very fluffy, they need to be cooked slower because when
they become spongy they effectively become thermal insulators, and tend
thus to burn where the heat is applied. It has just occured to me now while
writing this that probably using a microwave oven would be better than a
skillet. I've never tried that. Why don't you do some experiments and get
back to us?

I also have a recipe for "The yolk's on you" exploding eggs if anyone is
interested.