Posted to alt.home.repair

Default analog versus digital time

"Don Y" wrote in message

After a few mornings of burying our heads in pillows while he
chuckled his way across the room to shut off the alarm, the
next morning, I just opened the window and, with the alarm clock
still plugged in, threw it out the window!

My, how time flies!

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Bobby,

On 8/31/2015 4:42 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"Don Y" wrote in message

After a few mornings of burying our heads in pillows while he
chuckled his way across the room to shut off the alarm, the
next morning, I just opened the window and, with the alarm clock
still plugged in, threw it out the window!

My, how time flies!

grin He was NOT happy! We didn't "gently" place it outside our
4th floor window. Instead, it was: open window, *toss* it out!
I.e., the fact that we didn't first unplug it was an oversight;
we expected it to crash to the ground -- not "dangle" from the cord!

[C'mon, you're a *guest* in our place! *You* aren't paying rent.
Shouldn't you be a bit more CONSIDERATE??]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - adding without calculator

On 08/31/2015 07:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's not often I can use three level parenthases.

angular.module('socially').controller('PartiesList Ctrl',
['$scope', '$meteor', function ($scope, $meteor) {
$scope.parties = $meteor.collection(Parties);

$scope.remove = function(party){
$scope.parties.remove(party);
};

$scope.removeAll = function(){
$scope.parties.remove();
};
}]);

Just a normal day at work.... For real fun, try Lisp.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2015 12:58 PM, Don Y wrote:
A friend, here, some years ago, called us with a dilemma. Someone
(I can't recall if it was UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) delivered a *box*
full of *CASH* to her house (no signature required -- obviously,
the delivery firm had no idea of the box's contents. Equally
obvious was the fact that the shipper hadn't wanted to *indicate*
its contents on the packing list!)

I don't remember if it was a novel or a movie, but I remember a plot
line like that. Maybe a Sue Grafton mystery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2015 6:54 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/31/2015 12:58 PM, Don Y wrote:
A friend, here, some years ago, called us with a dilemma. Someone
(I can't recall if it was UPS, USPS, DHL, etc.) delivered a *box*
full of *CASH* to her house (no signature required -- obviously,
the delivery firm had no idea of the box's contents. Equally
obvious was the fact that the shipper hadn't wanted to *indicate*
its contents on the packing list!)

I don't remember if it was a novel or a movie, but I remember a plot line like
that. Maybe a Sue Grafton mystery.

It's actually a scary proposition! Finding it ON THE STREET
(or in a parking lot) would be a lead pipe cinch -- no real
ties back to *you*.

But, given our proximity to the border, it's awfully likely that
it was associated with something considerably less than legal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2015 6:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
Just a normal day at work.... For real fun, try Lisp.

ROTFL! Lots of Irritating, Superfluous Parentheses!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/2015 10:32 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/31/2015 6:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
Just a normal day at work.... For real fun, try Lisp.

ROTFL! Lots of Irritating, Superfluous Parentheses!

Being as it's early (in the morning) I'm not quite up to
searching (on the web) for acronyms, (or other things I
need [desperately] to learn). But, I do thank you (and the
other fellow) for helping explain (politely and on topic
[but not quite on topic for AHR {you see} or some other
{such as, for example the car groups} however, noted
as OT, {for calculators, not LISP} but yet OT for the
AHR {alt home repair} list.

I have totally got to take my morning pills, and return
to some level of sanity. That was (a bit) much. Sigh.
Wish my father, the editor, was alive to see that.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2015 08:32 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/31/2015 6:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
Just a normal day at work.... For real fun, try Lisp.

ROTFL! Lots of Irritating, Superfluous Parentheses!

One of the programmers at work died and his widow sold off his books. I
bought 'Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs' among others
and worked my way through it one winter. While I didn't have a problem
grasping the concepts of Scheme my mind kept asking why anyone would do
something in such an ass-backwards way. Coming from someone who once was
fairly proficient at FORTH, that's something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/01/2015 06:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have totally got to take my morning pills, and return
to some level of sanity. That was (a bit) much. Sigh.
Wish my father, the editor, was alive to see that.

When you've woken up I'll lend you my HP 16C calculator. I liked to
leave it laying around set to hexadecimal to confuse the unwary. It also
uses Reverse Polish Notation so if anyone ever did manage to add 5 and 5
they gave up when the answer was A.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 10:02 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/01/2015 06:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have totally got to take my morning pills, and return
to some level of sanity. That was (a bit) much. Sigh.
Wish my father, the editor, was alive to see that.

When you've woken up I'll lend you my HP 16C calculator. I liked to
leave it laying around set to hexadecimal to confuse the unwary. It also
uses Reverse Polish Notation so if anyone ever did manage to add 5 and 5
they gave up when the answer was A.

There are 10 kind of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those
who do not.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 8:43 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/1/2015 10:02 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/01/2015 06:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I have totally got to take my morning pills, and return
to some level of sanity. That was (a bit) much. Sigh.
Wish my father, the editor, was alive to see that.

When you've woken up I'll lend you my HP 16C calculator. I liked to
leave it laying around set to hexadecimal to confuse the unwary. It also
uses Reverse Polish Notation so if anyone ever did manage to add 5 and 5
they gave up when the answer was A.

There are 10 kind of people in the world,
those who understand binary, and those
who do not.

There are two kinds of people in the world:
those who think there are two kinds of people in the world,
and, those who don't!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2015 6:54 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/31/2015 08:32 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 8/31/2015 6:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
Just a normal day at work.... For real fun, try Lisp.

ROTFL! Lots of Irritating, Superfluous Parentheses!

One of the programmers at work died and his widow sold off his books. I bought
'Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs' among others and worked my
way through it one winter. While I didn't have a problem grasping the concepts
of Scheme my mind kept asking why anyone would do something in such an
ass-backwards way. Coming from someone who once was fairly proficient at FORTH,
that's something.

It's a different programming paradigm. Everything is a *list*.
car/cdr (and variants) let you select portions of a given list;
cons lets you modify/make new lists.

It's a delightfully expressive way of doing things. But, incredibly
inefficient because lists aren't forced to be well-behaved -- like
arrays, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default technology changes

On 8/29/2015 1:37 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

I wouldn't miss the hackers, crackers, nutcases, pedophiles, or other
online criminals who feel it's their goal in life to steal from and/or
harass others.
--
Maggie

Darn, where would I find my victims if the Internet broke? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Monstrous Monster

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2015 12:39 PM, Muggles wrote:

I wouldn't miss the hackers, crackers, nutcases, pedophiles, or other
online criminals who feel it's their goal in life to steal from and/or
harass others.

Sigh. I didn't think you'd miss me. sob

Just for that, I hate you.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

.
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

I thought you were only a spigot?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 7:13:05 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/29/2015 1:37 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 11:39:53 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

I wouldn't miss the hackers, crackers, nutcases, pedophiles, or other
online criminals who feel it's their goal in life to steal from and/or
harass others.
--
Maggie

Darn, where would I find my victims if the Internet broke? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Monstrous Monster

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.
-
.

The staff here at the center are really good people and take very good care of the inmates. I decided something here and it's,"If I develop dementia, someone please shoot me." o_O

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

So when we become one of living dead, anything matters?, LOL!
I'd rather be lucky dying B4 becoming living dead not to become
a burden to society not contributing anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 10:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 11:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 10:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

Can't fault for you trying to better yourself with a good education.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 08:13:08 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 12:59 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 11:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

Can't fault for you trying to better yourself with a good education.

I think the third week of class, we can
practice on kittens. I'm so eager to get
to the point I can club baby seals.

More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 12:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 12:59 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 11:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

Can't fault for you trying to better yourself with a good education.

I think the third week of class, we can
practice on kittens. I'm so eager to get
to the point I can club baby seals.

More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

You've undoubtedly never been told to "turn your head and cough"! :

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

You've undoubtedly never been told to "turn your head and cough"! :

haha! Well, I've had other nightmares to endure worse than that
"hello?!?? Do *I* know you?!??" moment.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I knew a nursing home patient who called the other oldies
"the living dead". Not sure if they were fatigued or
over medicated. She'd describe a row of oldies sleeping
in the hall, in recliner chairs, under blankets, with thier
mouths open. Got to be some way to have fun in such a
situation.

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

BTDT -- last year. And all the other test. Medical bill, totaled
around $80,000. Always get itemized bills. We found duplicated
charges and insurance used the term "fraud" on a hospital bill. Never
paid that portion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I hear that.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

"Aren't you at least going to buy me DINNER, first??" :

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 Sep 2015 13:24:51 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

You've undoubtedly never been told to "turn your head and cough"! :

haha! Well, I've had other nightmares to endure worse than that
"hello?!?? Do *I* know you?!??" moment.

"Aren't you at least going to buy me DINNER, first??" :

It's not cheating if your spouse gets to watch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

You've undoubtedly never been told to "turn your head and cough"! :

haha! Well, I've had other nightmares to endure worse than that
"hello?!?? Do *I* know you?!??" moment.

"Aren't you at least going to buy me DINNER, first??" :

It's not cheating if your spouse gets to watch.

No way I can think of a speculum as a sex toy!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

yeah! Had more than my share of those types of Dr's visits. ack ...

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles posted for all of us...

On 9/5/2015 11:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 10:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

Can't fault for you trying to better yourself with a good education.

If you read his 15 years of posts one will realize it just ain't gonna
take...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

As long you aren't the one they are there for...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 4:21 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Muggles posted for all of us...

On 9/5/2015 11:53 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 10:35 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 7:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Christopher A. Young
Hacker, cracker, nutcase, pedophile,
online criminal, and a spigot in
addition.

I thought you were only a spigot?

I've been taking night courses. Starts about
11 PM at the bar, and then we go to the
computer lab, the half way house, and end up
at the zoo at the baby seals cage. Takes up
most of my off hours.

Can't fault for you trying to better yourself with a good education.

If you read his 15 years of posts one will realize it just ain't gonna
take...

He's a nice enough guy, I think, AND he has a sense of humor, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 3:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 12:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 4:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 3:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 12:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 3:06 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 4:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 3:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 12:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

Now that's obviously not true! I've set my mind to winning the
PowerBall lottery! Yet, haven't! One of these days, I may
actually buy a ticket...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 17:23:02 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

Reminds me when I visit my cardiologist. The place is packed with all
kinds of people. One side of the waiting room is for patients being
tested and are partly radioactive from the medicine for heart imaging.
People sleeping, etc.. It is a sight to behold. A recent visit, the
paramedics showed up.

As long you aren't the one they are there for...

I could have been. That young gal put me through the paces on the
treadmill. Then a male nurse injected me with nuclear medicine -- but
luckily they allowed me to bring a samich for food. The young gal
denied she was trying to kill me. I'm not eighteen anymore.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 6:06 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 4:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

In that case, I want to be pregnant. I want to
be the Czar of Russia. I want to win a Olympic
gold medal for female figure skating. I want to
marry Mother Theresa of Calcutta. After being
Czar, I'd like to be the Pope for a few years.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The scariest visit I had was when my cardiologist told me I'd have to
have an angiogram.

You've undoubtedly never been told to "turn your head and cough"! :

haha! Well, I've had other nightmares to endure worse than that
"hello?!?? Do *I* know you?!??" moment.

"Aren't you at least going to buy me DINNER, first??" :

It's not cheating if your spouse gets to watch.

No way I can think of a speculum as a sex toy!

Nor me, but I have witnessed digital intrusions with a finger by
medical staff to find secreted drugs hidden in cavities.