Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Older Whirlpool washer water level gauge malfunctioning causing water over flow.

Has anyone else had this problem with their older model Whirlpool Washer,
model no: LSR8233JQO. If you are not careful and switch the water lever
control directly on low, medium or high the lever will stop in between the
gauge and the water will continue to run and overflow because it can't
read which water level it should stop at. It has ruin my hardwood floor
twice . This has to be flaw that Whirlpool is aware of.

PatElane

Posted to alt.home.repair

So have you contacted the manufacturer? Write a note and put it on the machine to remind you if you forgot the problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat,

Don't own that washer but the water level switch used is common to many
washers. I doubt that there is a flaw with the product and suspect that your
switch has gone bad.
The switch is pricey but easy to replace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbtwKey6kY

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David L. Martel wrote:
Pat,

Don't own that washer but the water level switch used is common to
many washers. I doubt that there is a flaw with the product and suspect
that your switch has gone bad.
The switch is pricey but easy to replace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbtwKey6kY

Dave M.

Hi,iout the issue some where and there supposes to be revised parts for it.
We have Whirlpool laundry pair but different model with no such problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

PatElane Erves wrote:
Has anyone else had this problem with their older model Whirlpool Washer,
model no: LSR8233JQO. If you are not careful and switch the water lever
control directly on low, medium or high the lever will stop in between the
gauge and the water will continue to run and overflow because it can't
read which water level it should stop at. It has ruin my hardwood floor
twice . This has to be flaw that Whirlpool is aware of.
PatElane

Hi,
Wasn't there a revised replacement part for that? I think I read about
it sosme where.