Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counter from Home Depot

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out
a *cash* refund of $240!

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo wrote:

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

Since that guy is a Home Depot contractor, I wonder how much it would
be if you just called him directly.
I only paid a hundred and a quarter for a cultured marble bathroom
sink and counter top. I installed it myself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-08-06, philo wrote:

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

LOL!....

She was only trying to do her job.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo" wrote in message ...

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out
a *cash* refund of $240!

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

Third-party installers suck. Home Depot is always the highest.
Next time think and get estimates, dork.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-08-06, philo wrote:

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

LOL!....

She was only trying to do her job.

nb

Yep and she will spend it yet...
however there are a lot of things for this project she bought, using her
own money...
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote:
I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink
from Home
Depot and the only option they have is to use their
installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after
the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to
the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the
discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise
they counted
out a *cash* refund of $240!

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the
first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of
the store.

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:43:49 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

philo wrote:
[...]

My wife sometimes reminds me of "our money" AND her money. She can
never explain the difference
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 11:26:27 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 08/06/2015 08:52 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo wrote:

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

Since that guy is a Home Depot contractor, I wonder how much it would
be if you just called him directly.
I only paid a hundred and a quarter for a cultured marble bathroom
sink and counter top. I installed it myself.

25 years ago I did it myself.

Note: this is a kitchen, so larger than a bathroom counter.

The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so
I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.

Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let
them install it.

Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour
days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to
me it's worth it.

I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am
surprised I can do this still without burning out.

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot. Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to bend his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

[8~{} Uncle Knee Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counter from Home Depot stops at zero?

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot. Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to bend his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ?( ?° ?? ?°)?

[8~{} Uncle Knee Monster

I've looked at kitchen counters but I couldn't figure them out. I need a
counter weight or a counter so I can count my posts in a month...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo
wrote:

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out
a *cash* refund of $240!

Very good.

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

You shouldn't let money burn a hole in your pocket. if you do, it can
set your pants on fire, and then you'll end up naked. You wouldn't
want your wife to be naked at HD, would you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 02:00 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so
I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.

Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let
them install it.

Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour
days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to
me it's worth it.

I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am
surprised I can do this still without burning out.

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot. Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to bend his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

[8~{} Uncle Knee Monster

The new knee joint will bend more than 90 degrees but in my case my left
knee had excess scar tissue.

So my right knee bends 100- 110 degrees or so
but my left only bends approx 75 degrees.

They initially were good, then as they healed got worse.

I had scar tissue removed (which was a minor procedure) but only minimal
improvement on my left knee.

I have a minor limp now but don't really mind. I might see if I can get
more scar tissue removed, but I'm so much better off now that thus far
I've been living with it.

Amazing that I was up on a ladder and working hard for 15 hours the
other day and when I woke up I was fine.

Before the knee replacement, I had trouble being on my feet 15 minutes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 03:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot. Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to bend his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ?( ?° ?? ?°)?

[8~{} Uncle Knee Monster

I've looked at kitchen counters but I couldn't figure them out. I need a
counter weight or a counter so I can count my posts in a month...

I looked around my house and counted *one* kitchen.

Easy to do myself...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 02:41 PM, Frank wrote:

The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so
I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.

Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let
them install it.

Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour
days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to
me it's worth it.

I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am
surprised I can do this still without burning out.

I'm older too and hire folks to do stuff I used to do.

Someone said that if you wake up in the morning and something does not
hurt, it don't work.

All in all my aches and pains are not too bad.

The most difficult part was carrying in the 65 pound bucket of drywall
compound.

Ten years ago I would not have thought it heavy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 12:43 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

Correct, there is no way in hell I'd go clothes shopping with her usually

but when we were on vacation and I was relaxed I did go with her just to
see the NY City Macy's

Once we got to the upper floors it was not a mad house at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 01:00 PM, Oren wrote:

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of
the store.

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

My wife sometimes reminds me of "our money" AND her money. She can
never explain the difference

As I've mentioned before, one thing that saves our marriage is
*separate* savings accounts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 3:43:11 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot.. Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able to bend his knee past 90 degrees. Is that the case with your bionic knees? ?( ?° ?? ?°)?

[8~{} Uncle Knee Monster

I've looked at kitchen counters but I couldn't figure them out. I need a
counter weight or a counter so I can count my posts in a month...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Well Tiki, you know darn well that Burka Boy has everyone beat in the number of posts made. 凸(-_-)凸

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 4:55:56 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

I've been begging for a knee brace with more lateral support of the hinged type because the one they gave me doesn't provide enough support to keep my knee from bending left to right rather than just front to back. My knees make noise like creaking floor boards. I suppose that you know how frustrating it is for me to be unable to walk. On top of that, both my shoulders are fraked up and I can't do any wheelchair racing. (ง Í*° ÍŸÙ„Íœ ͡°)ง

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2015 12:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

Yes , it was very frustrating for me not to be able to do hard work.

Now that I'm doing hard work again I'm questioning why I got the surgery.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2015 12:35 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

You'd think with all the noise you make with those creaky joints the
staff there would get tired of the noise and get you those knee braces.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:43:52 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

You've got me a little worried. If Home Depot is a man's store,
do I need to worry about turning into a man the next time I go there
to pick up (for example) a sack of concrete?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2015 01:54 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:43:52 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

You've got me a little worried. If Home Depot is a man's store,
do I need to worry about turning into a man the next time I go there
to pick up (for example) a sack of concrete?

Cindy Hamilton

When I go to Home Depot I see plenty of men and women there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counter from Home Depot Counter point

On 08/07/2015 02:23 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I'm older too and hire folks to do stuff I used to do.

Someone said that if you wake up in the morning and something does not
hurt, it don't work.

YUP! If I wake up in the morning and make to the bathroom it's a good day.

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took
my "**** bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

First time, I did not time things too well and peed in my pants for the
first time in over 60 years (not counting my drunken binge first week in
college)

I was real embarrassed, but the nice folks in the hospital said they had
seen worse.

Now as to my drunken binge, I do not know 100% for sure that I peed in
my pants but from what I was told...I did pretty much everything there
was to do...so assume I peed in my pants too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07 Aug 2015, philo wrote in alt.home.repair:

Now as to my drunken binge, I do not know 100% for sure that I
peed in my pants but from what I was told...I did pretty much
everything there was to do...so assume I peed in my pants too.

Maybe somebody else peed in them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:56:20 -0500, philo wrote:

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took
my "**** bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

A man I knew in PA, went through a single hip replacement. Just a few
days later he was released and then walked, drove his car after
surgery, in about 3 days, Women birthing babies never spend weeks in a
hospital care anymore,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/07/2015 05:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:56:20 -0500, philo wrote:

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took
my "**** bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

A man I knew in PA, went through a single hip replacement. Just a few
days later he was released and then walked, drove his car after
surgery, in about 3 days, Women birthing babies never spend weeks in a
hospital care anymore,

When my daughter was born, my wife was released from the hospital the
next day.

Of course I knew people who were stationed in Viet Nam who saw women
squat in the rice field, give birth then get right back to work with the
kid in a papoose or sling of some sort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 07 Aug 2015 21:23:30 -0500, philo
wrote:

On 08/07/2015 05:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:56:20 -0500, philo wrote:

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took
my "**** bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

A man I knew in PA, went through a single hip replacement. Just a few
days later he was released and then walked, drove his car after
surgery, in about 3 days, Women birthing babies never spend weeks in a
hospital care anymore,

When my daughter was born, my wife was released from the hospital the
next day.

Was she the one who gave birth?

Of course I knew people who were stationed in Viet Nam who saw women
squat in the rice field, give birth then get right back to work with the
kid in a papoose or sling of some sort.

Wow. The closest I've come to that is Pearl Buck's The Good Earth.
I guess i'm not surprised it still happened in the 60's and 70's and I'm
sure now.

I've heard that squatting is a better wayto give birth anyhow.

I hate vulgar jokes like the one farther up, but I didn't resist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 6:41:45 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

The law of unintended results. I'd go completely bonkers if I did't have Chromie my cute little Chromebook as my constant and loyal companion. I want to walk so I can work again. I've always been amazed at the number of people who are able bodied and lay around claiming that there are no jobs. I never had a problem finding work after I left the corporate world behind and went to work for myself and with other disabled Heterosexual Caucasian male American citizens as part of the invisible work force. We'd hire each other depending on the kind of work we had going on at the time. The group of us were disabled in one way or another to the point we could never hold a 9-5 job so we found our own jobs. I had people calling me while I was laying in the hospital because they didn't know who else to call and I'd try my best to find someone to help them who wouldn't rip them off. Me my brother and our friends had all sorts of people calling us all the time to do various kinds of work ranging from repairing a computer system to remodeling a home.. We lost a friend who was a master carpenter and cabinet maker to lung cancer several years ago before I became too ill to work. My brother's not much better off but at least for now, he can walk. I want to get back on my feet because I have things I want to get done. Dammit, It's so fraking frustrating to be in constant pain and unable to walk. Grrrrr. á•™(‡€€¸†¼€¶)á•—

[8~{} Uncle Lazy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 1:54:08 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:43:52 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

You've got me a little worried. If Home Depot is a man's store,
do I need to worry about turning into a man the next time I go there
to pick up (for example) a sack of concrete?

Cindy Hamilton

I don't think you have anything to worry about, you're shaped too funny to be a man. I once had a "Wonder Belt" meant to lift and accentuate my belly. I looked really sexy wearing it. That's a look no woman could ever duplicate.à»’( Í¡áµ” ͜ʖ Í¡áµ” )à¥*

[8~{} Uncle Belly Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 08/07/2015 05:36 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 16:56:20 -0500, philo wrote:

When I had my knees replaced and was still in the hospital...they took
my "**** bottle" away after a few days and I had to walk to the bathroom.

A man I knew in PA, went through a single hip replacement. Just a few
days later he was released and then walked, drove his car after
surgery, in about 3 days, Women birthing babies never spend weeks in a
hospital care anymore,

When my daughter was born, my wife was released from the hospital the
next day.

Was she the one who gave birth?

yes, my wife was the one who gave birth, not me

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 21:23:30 -0500, philo wrote:

Of course I knew people who were stationed in Viet Nam who saw women
squat in the rice field, give birth then get right back to work with the
kid in a papoose or sling of some sort.

I believe native Americans did the same. Squat by a tree, hold on and
grunt. Folks now days think they have it bad

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/8/2015 10:25 AM, philo wrote:
On 08/08/2015 01:05 AM, micky wrote:
When my daughter was born, my wife was released from the hospital the
next day.

Was she the one who gave birth?

yes, my wife was the one who gave birth, not me

We thought you had a paramour.

Wife was in for minor surgery while you were
active in your community. Community ovulator,
like our Prez.

How many quarts does a paramour take?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/08/2015 02:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

Yeah

when I was in school my friends and I did not look for jobs. we just
started our own house painting and repair business.

We put *one* ad in the paper and through word of mouth we had steady
work for two years.

We easily could have kept it going but eventually graduated and got
"real" jobs.

Oddly enough I just ran into a college buddy a few days ago...

he got laid off but does not want to take Social Security, he wants to
keep going. (He's an engineer)

He is not sitting around and moping though, just went back to house
repair at least temporarily.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I need two new knees myself, I doubt I'll try to get them at Home Depot.
Two of the roommates I've had here at the center have knee replacements
and one of them said that his orthopedist told him that he won't be able
to bend his knee past 90 degrees.

Can't bend more than 90 degrees!!! I would look for a new doctor, or a new
brand of implants. Find out the brand he want to use and check it out on the
internet, the information is out there. My wife has bad knees, as well as
myself. The doctor who examined her knees suggested an Oxford partial
implant. I checked it all out on the internet and it looked to be a good
option, but her health is not so good and she doesn't heel very quickly so
she is reluctant to have it done as it will cause a lot of pain and lay her
up for quite a while before she heals enough to be able to walk again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 5:11:19 PM UTC-5, EXT wrote:
"Tekkie®" wrote in message
[...]

Hum, that's kind of mean and abusive, telling your wife to heel. How could you?Perhaps you should proofread your post before clicking on sned? à²*€¿à²*

The orthopedic surgeon I saw, said he'd be reluctant to do implant surgery on me because of concerns over circulation in my legs. Poor circulation could cause me to lose my legs. I have damage to my lower legs due to venous stasis in the past when I had high blood sugar but I've had ultrasound tests done on my legs to check the circulation which is OK now and my blood sugar has been testing normal for some time. I ordered my own knee brace from Amazon which arrived yesterday and the new brace will give me more lateral support for my knee that wants to bend left to right instead or just front to back. Today, after I get a shower and a fresh bandage on my leg, I'll try out my new brace. I'll be glad to get up in my walker to move around which is something I should have been doing months ago. It's so frustrating to be unable to walk. à²*•*•®à²*

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Counter from Home Depot Engineer

philo posted for all of us...

Oddly enough I just ran into a college buddy a few days ago...

he got laid off but does not want to take Social Security, he wants to
keep going. (He's an engineer)

What kind of engineer?

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Home Depot - Home Services Experiences Frank[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 9th 07 06:01 AM
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 12:53 PM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
Home Depot Counter Top BN Home Repair 3 October 11th 05 05:42 AM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM