Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default Counter from Home Depot

On 8/6/2015 12:26 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/06/2015 08:52 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo wrote:

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

Since that guy is a Home Depot contractor, I wonder how much it would
be if you just called him directly.
I only paid a hundred and a quarter for a cultured marble bathroom
sink and counter top. I installed it myself.

25 years ago I did it myself.

Note: this is a kitchen, so larger than a bathroom counter.

The problem is, after 25 years, water seeped through and damaged it...so
I wanted to get an integrated sink/counter.

Since they did not let me just order one...I figured what the heck, let
them install it.

Since I started this project I have been putting in as long as 15 hour
days...so if I have to spend a few bucks for someone else's labor...to
me it's worth it.

I'm 66 years old and had both knees replaced a few years ago and am
surprised I can do this still without burning out.

I'm older too and hire folks to do stuff I used to do.

Someone said that if you wake up in the morning and something does not
hurt, it don't work.