Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Counter from Home Depot

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:41:00 -0500, philo
wrote:

I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink from Home Depot
and the only option they have is to use their installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise they counted out
a *cash* refund of $240!

Very good.

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of the store.

You shouldn't let money burn a hole in your pocket. if you do, it can
set your pants on fire, and then you'll end up naked. You wouldn't
want your wife to be naked at HD, would you?