View Single Post
  #37   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Counter from Home Depot

On 08/08/2015 02:14 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Yes , it was very frustrating for me not to be able to do hard work.

Now that I'm doing hard work again I'm questioning why I got the surgery.

The law of unintended results. I'd go completely bonkers if I did't have Chromie my cute little Chromebook as my constant and loyal companion. I want to walk so I can work again. I've always been amazed at the number of people who are able bodied and lay around claiming that there are no jobs. I never had a problem finding work after I left the corporate world behind and went to work for myself and with other disabled Heterosexual Caucasian male American citizens as part of the invisible work force. We'd hire each other depending on the kind of work we had going on at the time. The group of us were disabled in one way or another to the point we could never hold a 9-5 job so we found our own jobs. I had people calling me while I was laying in the hospital because they didn't know who else to call and I'd try my best to find someone to help them who wouldn't rip them off. Me my brother and our friends had all sorts of people calling us all the time to do various kinds of work ranging

from repairing a computer system to remodeling a home. We lost a friend who was a master carpenter and cabinet maker to lung cancer several years ago before I became too ill to work. My brother's not much better off but at least for now, he can walk. I want to get back on my feet because I have things I want to get done. Dammit, It's so fraking frustrating to be in constant pain and unable to walk. Grrrrr. á•™(‡€€¸†¼€¶)á•—

[8~{} Uncle Lazy Monster

Yeah

when I was in school my friends and I did not look for jobs. we just
started our own house painting and repair business.

We put *one* ad in the paper and through word of mouth we had steady
work for two years.

We easily could have kept it going but eventually graduated and got
"real" jobs.

Oddly enough I just ran into a college buddy a few days ago...

he got laid off but does not want to take Social Security, he wants to
keep going. (He's an engineer)

He is not sitting around and moping though, just went back to house
repair at least temporarily.