Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Counter from Home Depot

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:43:49 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

philo wrote:
I ordered a custom kitchen counter with integrated sink
from Home
Depot and the only option they have is to use their
installer.

They had me put $1240 down on my credit card, then after
the installer
came out to take measurements, I'd need to come back to
the store and
pay a *slight* additional fee to make up for the
discrepancy between
their estimate and the installer's actual figures.

When I returned to the store yesterday, to my surprise
they counted
out a *cash* refund of $240!

I'll have to give them credit for honesty, this is the
first time I've
ever seen an estimate go down.

My wife tried very hard to spend it before we got out of
the store.

Thats what you get for taking your wife to a MANS store. I'm
sure she doesn't take you to the department store when she
shops for clothes : )

My wife sometimes reminds me of "our money" AND her money. She can
never explain the difference