Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 12:55:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

News reports that UN weapons inspectors are busily destroying Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles and their capability to produce them. That's not "no progress" like in Iraq. That's not delay, argue, stall. That's not "kicked out."

Demonstrating a total ignorance of history.

The poster is talking about Syria...(current)

"... UN weapons inspectors are busily destroying Syria's chemical
weapons stockpiles and their capability to produce them."

1st UN inspectors are not "destroying weapons" in Syria.

2nd UN has NOT even stated that Syria *can* even "produce them".

3rd UN has no power to make a sovereign country DO so.

10th the poster is full of crap!
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair

Buster wrote:
wrote:
My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to
6 inches in places. We have known about this since we moved in but
felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However,
this neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year
he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was
putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which
clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his
yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any
sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard.
We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move
the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the
property line.

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've
had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I
politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not
blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and
hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me
sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me
sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a challenge to me and
I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period
of time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

There is a little known law, named "Eddie's law". You really should take
advantage of it. Basically it works like this: for each inch your neighbor
is using, you can charge up to $500 per year, per inch. I suggest filing a
claim in court. You do not need an attorney, just file with the clerk of
courts, they will hand you an "Eddie's law" form.

Izis what you're writing about?

http://tinyurl.com/3ukt6mc

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:13:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:04:52 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message news:31880935-5658-4a68-8b29-

Rest of usual bloviating deleted

Bobby likes to pontificate about his hornswoggle.

He can't blame Busy anymore, so he tries to blame the Tea Party.

--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ACA death panels

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

long time). If one has either wealth or good insurance, they likely
will be offered/sold unneeded rx or procedures. Only people I've heard
from who don't want ACA are those who have insurance...

I have insurance but doesn't look like I can keep. The premiums for
my old "grandfathered" insurance have increased 20% d/t the death
spiral. Despite this, any ACA compliant policy if I change will cost me
at least as much or more. I am looking at $1100 a MONTH for an HSA policy
where I have to put in $7500 more for HSA itself.

..I'm waiting for
members of Congress to turn down full benefits until all of us have as
good.

This is as much BS as pretending there won't be someone somewhere
making coverage decisions, as you mentioned. Under the ACA, the Congress
has to get health insurance through the exchanges as do their staffs. I
am not sure about the rest of the government right off. The thing
everyone is getting so bent about is the subsidy paid, just like those
paid by GM or the hospital I work at, as part of my pay packet.

Folks rarely pay attention to the cost of any health care as long
as someone else pays, and the waste/profit taking is obscene. I'm very
willing to see what happens with ACA...computer glitches are nothing
new...because with increasing (sometimes required by law)
computerization, abuse/fraud will be easier to find.

And perpetrate.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 04:51:57 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

CY: Let me introduce you to two other type of people. The young, who are
healthy and don't need a lot of medical care, and who don't want to
spend a grand a month. Second, are the folks who are under employed, and
can't afford health care insurance at a grand a month.

The under employed will spend far less than that per month. They get
the rest from those of us that have worked hard and now make decent
wage and will pay 3X what we'd pay otherwise. Of course, to the under
employed even $100 a month can be a deal breaker so they still go with
nothing and we still pay for their "free" care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

CY: Let me introduce you to two other type of people. The young, who are
healthy and don't need a lot of medical care, and who don't want to
spend a grand a month. Second, are the folks who are under employed, and
can't afford health care insurance at a grand a month.

The under employed will spend far less than that per month. They get
the rest from those of us that have worked hard and now make decent
wage and will pay 3X what we'd pay otherwise. Of course, to the under
employed even $100 a month can be a deal breaker so they still go with
nothing and we still pay for their "free" care.

Be sure to smile at "them" when you shop at Walmart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 7:59 AM, Norminn wrote:
The under employed will spend far less than that per month. They get
the rest from those of us that have worked hard and now make decent
wage and will pay 3X what we'd pay otherwise. Of course, to the under
employed even $100 a month can be a deal breaker so they still go with
nothing and we still pay for their "free" care.

Be sure to smile at "them" when you shop at Walmart.

And, gathered outside Home Depot "hombres para work..."

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That subsidy is *not* part of the law and is contrary to the law as
written. The administration is choosing the parts of the law they
want to comply with and the parts they don't. That is not a
democracy.

CY: So true. And the USA is not a democracy, either. it's a
Constitutional Republic.

I haven't been able to find anything that says it is contrary to the
law. The law says Congress has to go through the exchanges, but I don't
find anything that says they have to treat staff any different from any
other employee.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

CY: Let me introduce you to two other type of people. The young,
who are healthy and don't need a lot of medical care, and who
don't want to spend a grand a month. Second, are the folks who are
under employed, and can't afford health care insurance at a grand
a month.

The under employed will spend far less than that per month. They get
the rest from those of us that have worked hard and now make decent
wage and will pay 3X what we'd pay otherwise. Of course, to the
under employed even $100 a month can be a deal breaker so they still
go with nothing and we still pay for their "free" care.

It's not so black and white(no pun) out there in the world of self
employment. When you have injuries that interfere with your ability to
make a living and impossible for you to get a job with reasonable pay
commensurate with your skill set, the world is not a kind place. The
rainbows and butterflies government propaganda leads people to believe
about the job prospects of the disabled is so much male bovine
droppings. Most of the people I know who are self employed are disabled
in some way or another and could never hold a job working for someone
else. Having a job as a construction site flag waver, parking lot
attendant or greeter at Walmart will not pay the bills. I just came off
hospice care because I wasn't dying fast enough so I'll be helping my
disabled roommate with a big network installation and move job during
the next month. It's hard to find young fit people who don't smoke dope
and actually want to learn something plus obtain skills by working for
those who have many years of experience. So we'll find some less than
brilliant kid to help us and live with the chronic physical and mental
pain. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I wonder if it's been that way, forever. Maybe Adam and Eve complained
about "kids these days" and could get nothing accomplished.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 8:15 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That subsidy is *not* part of the law and is contrary to the law as
written. The administration is choosing the parts of the law they
want to comply with and the parts they don't. That is not a
democracy.

CY: So true. And the USA is not a democracy, either. it's a
Constitutional Republic.

I haven't been able to find anything that says it is contrary to the
law. The law says Congress has to go through the exchanges, but I don't
find anything that says they have to treat staff any different from any
other employee.

I seem to recall congress exempting themselves back when they saddled
business and industry with all sorts of employment laws. So nothing they
do will surprise me except them getting along. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 08:34:50 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

We have two types of young workers from what I've been seeing. Those
that went to school and are working in professional jobs, medical
careers and the like, and those that are less enthusiastic about
steady employment.

We have some positions in our shop that are unskilled, just require
some paying attention to what you are packing off the machine. It
pays a bit more than minimum wage and we offer decent benefits.
Typical applicants we get either want $20 an hour or will work for
minimum wage, but probably not every day and can you wait a week or so
for the drug test?

We use a temp agency. If we need six people for five days a week, we
get six people. Some are steady, but other will work three days and
they you get someone else for the other two days.

Some do not speak English and would have a tough time getting hired
and maintaining a regular job, training programs, etc, but will work
steady and even do doubles if needed. They don't have the brain power
to become a banker or machinist, but they are steady and hard working
within their limits. I admire them for what they do, far more than
the 25 year old that is stoned and lives in mom's basement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 09:15:01 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That subsidy is *not* part of the law and is contrary to the law as
written. The administration is choosing the parts of the law they
want to comply with and the parts they don't. That is not a
democracy.

CY: So true. And the USA is not a democracy, either. it's a
Constitutional Republic.

I haven't been able to find anything that says it is contrary to the
law. The law says Congress has to go through the exchanges, but I don't
find anything that says they have to treat staff any different from any
other employee.

All I can say is that you're blind. The law specifically stated that
congress and their staffs had were to be in the same system that they
dictated to everyone else. Everyone else doesn't get their healthcare
paid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

That subsidy is *not* part of the law and is contrary to the law as
written. The administration is choosing the parts of the law they
want to comply with and the parts they don't. That is not a
democracy.

CY: So true. And the USA is not a democracy, either. it's a
Constitutional Republic.

I haven't been able to find anything that says it is contrary to the
law. The law says Congress has to go through the exchanges, but I don't
find anything that says they have to treat staff any different from any
other employee.

I seem to recall congress exempting themselves back when they saddled
business and industry with all sorts of employment laws. So nothing they
do will surprise me except them getting along. o_O

In this case, it didn't happen. The bill was rushed through so fast
this provision wasn't noticed and it was never changed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:19:56 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

All I can say is that you're blind. The law specifically stated that
congress and their staffs had were to be in the same system that they
dictated to everyone else. Everyone else doesn't get their healthcare
paid.

And they are. They are in exact same system for getting their police.

Nope. You're blind. "getting their police"????

I am lousy speller.

Everyone doesn't get their healthcare paid, but many in regular
industries get a part of it paid.

Irrelevant. The law, as passed, doesn't allow it.

Find me where. I have talked to a couple of people who were in
Congress at the time. They disagree with you. They say the original law
ONLY states that Congress has to sign up through the exchanges. Put up
or shut up.

I always did when I was not working
for myself and the couple of times I have thought about getting a real
job recently, the employer would have paid for a part of the premiums.

Completely irrelevant.

Not at all. Congress is getting HC from the exchanges, actually this a
different burden since they had to go through the public exchanges and
couldn't set up their own private exchanges like other big employers.

This is exactly what the Congress wants to do.

But that is *NOT* what they did.

Pretty much. They are still required to get the actual insurance
through the exchanges. The recent hooha was whether they could pay for
part of the premium for their EMPLOYEES exactly like other big
employers.

You are talking two different things here. In fact, this is
essentially a punishment for those working in Congress.

Only the same "punishment" as they force on their subjects.

Not unless GM, or my local hospital is no longer able to pay for the
first penny of coverage. I don't see that happening.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 08:50:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I would think Congressional staff
would already have been covered under some kind of reasonable
healthcare plan.

Pretty sure that both Congress and staff are covered under the
Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHB) -- just like other
federal civilian workers and retirees.

IIRC the government pays ~ 70% of the premium, the employees pay the
rest. These are _large_ groups of people so the cost is less in the
overall scheme of things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message

The rainbows and butterflies government propaganda
leads people to believe about the job prospects of the
disabled is so much male bovine droppings.

That I believe, sort of, depending upon their skills.
________________

Most of the people I know who are self employed are disabled in some
way or another and could never hold a job working for someone else.

You aren't meeting many people. Most of the people I knew *were* self
employed, none were disabled and all (including me) could easily have held a
job working for someone else. Now, they (including me) may not have
*wanted* to work for someone else for various reasons...earned more as self
employed...no boss...no office BS...no one to say "no"...etc.

Of course, many of the self employed didn't plan to be that way. I worked
my way through college (+ GI bill). When I got out, jobs in my field
(geology) were dead in the water so I took a job running a solar observatory
for the physics department of a university. That was 1958 which was the
"Geophysical Year" which provided the funding. Funding ran out in six
months and it was sink or swim for me. I swam; after the observatory thing,
I never had a salaried job or boss.
__________________

Having a job as a construction site flag
waver, parking lot attendant or greeter at Walmart will
not pay the bills.

No, but it's better than nothing.
________________

I just came off hospice care because I
wasn't dying fast enough

I have a friend with Alzheimers, same problem (?)
____________________

It's hard to find young fit people
who don't smoke dope and actually want to learn something
plus obtain skills by working for those who have many
years of experience.

It may be hard to find them but I am sure they exist.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of responses in which you
have participated without calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another
favorite).

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of responses in which you
have participated without calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another
favorite).

I do bring out the best people, if only for a short time (grin).
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of responses in which you
have participated without calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another
favorite).

I do bring out the best people, if only for a short time (grin).

AT LEAST NOBODY IS SHOUTING!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 9:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Socrates or one of those guys did. I remember it well )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:44:15 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of responses in which you
have participated without calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another
favorite).

At some point, there is nothing left but to state the obvious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote: On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

On 10/20/2013 6:58 PM, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 15:06:07 -0400,

Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of responses in which you
have participated without calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another
favorite).

I do bring out the best people, if only for a short time (grin).

AT LEAST NOBODY IS SHOUTING!!!

I don't mind the shouting, as long as we trim text.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 7:50 PM, Norminn wrote:
those who have many years of experience. So we'll find some less than
brilliant kid to help us and live with the chronic physical and mental
pain. o_O

TDD

I wonder if it's been that way, forever. Maybe Adam and Eve complained
about "kids these days" and could get nothing accomplished.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Socrates or one of those guys did. I remember it well )

Old Sockittome sure had great wisdom.

Didn't he commit suicide with hemlock?
Or was he early victim of death panels?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I really don't understand the hysteria about ACA when so many people had
no chance of having health insurance....folks need care, and it will
just come from a different pocket. If reimbursement to providers drops,
it might be a good thing....I've seen enough s----y care by MD's to know
that a lot of them practice solely for wealth. If medicine becomes less
profitable, it might (I'm not THAT optimistic) change enough that people
go into health professions again to serve mankind rather than to become
millionaires. Don't mind folks getting rich at all, but MD's nowadays
sell procedures more than they render care.

I hope you find a good kid who wants to learn....too many are burned by
"hire a temp" outfits that fill jobs at very profitable companies and
with no hope of permanent work with bennies. Thank Reagan for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:28:22 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

I hope you find a good kid who wants to learn....too many are burned by
"hire a temp" outfits that fill jobs at very profitable companies and
with no hope of permanent work with bennies. Thank Reagan for that.

Who do we thank for the temp agencies using ex-cons? Those fresh out
of prisons and still remanded to a half way house.

Blame Bush?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 6:50 PM, Norminn wrote:
[...]

You beat me to it, I was thinking some old Greek guy said it but didn't
look it up at the time. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 12:39 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message

The rainbows and butterflies government propaganda
leads people to believe about the job prospects of the
disabled is so much male bovine droppings.

That I believe, sort of, depending upon their skills.
________________

Most of the people I know who are self employed are disabled in some
way or another and could never hold a job working for someone else.

You aren't meeting many people. Most of the people I knew *were* self
employed, none were disabled and all (including me) could easily have held a
job working for someone else. Now, they (including me) may not have
*wanted* to work for someone else for various reasons...earned more as self
employed...no boss...no office BS...no one to say "no"...etc.

Perhaps I should have qualified it with "my age group and situation"? O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:02:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I don't mind the shouting, as long as we trim text.

It took you 179 lines to just say THAT ...

Who the fark is running your outfit?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:14:15 -0400, wrote:

No, one cannot just pick and choose what parts of a law to follow.

Sure they can. I still do it.

--
"Never accuse a Soldier of being a Marine"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of
calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another favorite).

At some point, there is nothing left but to state the
obvious.

Pretty decent bon mot.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/20/2013 9:28 PM, Norminn wrote:

I really don't understand the hysteria about ACA when so many people had
no chance of having health insurance....folks need care, and it will
just come from a different pocket. If reimbursement to providers drops,
it might be a good thing....I've seen enough s----y care by MD's to know
that a lot of them practice solely for wealth. If medicine becomes less
profitable, it might (I'm not THAT optimistic) change enough that people
go into health professions again to serve mankind rather than to become
millionaires. Don't mind folks getting rich at all, but MD's nowadays
sell procedures more than they render care.

I hope you find a good kid who wants to learn....too many are burned by
"hire a temp" outfits that fill jobs at very profitable companies and
with no hope of permanent work with bennies. Thank Reagan for that.

The hysteria comes from a couple directions.
1) ACA forces a lot of people to spend money they don't haae, on things
they don't want.
2) It's more government control over the population. The USA isn't
founded as a socialist or dictatorial nation.
3) I don't know of any govt regulation or program which has improved
quality of service. Some of the food inspection and drug testing has
some benefit. Not sure about the others.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I don't mind the shouting, as long as we trim text.

It took you 179 lines to just say THAT ...

Who the fark is running your outfit?

Like Rush Limbaugh, illustrating absurdity
by being absurd.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

This is a krw moment. Anyone taking bets if he'll now
admit he's wrong and apologize for calling you an idiot?

You giving odds?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:02:42 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

[...]

4) It's a huge security hole with the government keeping information
it doesn't need, shouldn't have, and can't control.
5) No matter what SCotUS says, there is no such power over our
personal lives anywhere in the Constitution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message

Idiot.

Congratulations. This may be the longest chain of
calling someone an idiot. Or moron (another favorite).

At some point, there is nothing left but to state the
obvious.

Pretty decent bon mot.

No witticism at all. Just the truth.