Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6 inches in places. We have known about this since we moved in but felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a challenge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 2:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

Like in a divorce, a hit man is less expensive. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

You can and probably should force him to MOVE IT!

However before you escalate to a neighborhood war Do YOU have any skeltons in your closet?

barking dogs, work on cars in your driveway? grass a bit high? house need painted?

the person will retailate to try and make you miserable, and the cancer can spread to other neighbors.....

just be aware of the slippery slope you are on..........
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 12:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

didn't we just go through this with someone else?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

Good fences make good neighbors.
With this clown, I'd be putting up a stockade fence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 13:12:20 -0700, chaniarts
wrote:

didn't we just go through this with someone else?

You get the gold star award.

--
"Dumb is local...As soon as you go 15 miles away from your dumbness, you see how dumb you are." -- Sherrod Small
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:42:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

If you are clean, get a copy of the survey showing the property line, and remeasure everything to be sure of the 6" overage.

Once you are sure you are clesn, go to your local municipal building and zoning department and follow their advice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

You really think a bunch of non attorneys can
answer that?

You really think an attorney, reading this,
will answer, based on your lack of details?

Not happening.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

If the neighbor is already a pain, moving the fence should start a war!
Cheaper to move )

Just out of curiosity, what sort of fence is it? How old? How wide?
You live there when he put up the fence?

How long have you been neighbors? How is he with other neighbors? Is
he old, possibly dementia? Interesting story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You might want to surrepeticiously (sp?) video record his actions when yo confront him the next time about the fence. Maybe have someone staznding nearby pretending to talk on their cellphone while actually doing the video recording. His calling you sweetheart might make for an interesting story on your local tv news program. Wouldn't hurt to ask the local tv station human interest reporter if they would like to do an expose'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:42:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

[...]

How do you know it's his fence rather then yours? Do you keep and
unkempt yard?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That's a good question.

Do you keep and

unkempt yard?

I'd start by googling adverse possession together with the state.
Find out what the time limit is and see if it can be determined how
long the fence has been there. It's apparently been at least 7 years.
It's possible the neighbor already has a claim s claim via adverse
possession that the 6" of property is now his. But some states also
have laws that except claims for small errors due to a fence, etc.

Then she's probably going to need a lawyer's advice about how
to proceed. If it doesn't meet AP law, time limit, etc, then
she can take the fence down and put up her own fence. But as per
the recent other thread, there are some states that have laws
where you need to notify the neighbor that has put up a fence that
is off by a foot or two and give them a certain amount of time
to take down/move the fence themselves. If they don't then you
can do it yourself.

As for throwing debris, blowing stuff into her yard, I'd start
videoing the neighbor when he's doing it. That might be enough
to stop it. If it doesn't, then call the police, show them the
video. They will likely go over and talk to the guy and if he
persists, she can press charges.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

[...]

What a stupid thing to say!

grin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, wrote:
[...]

Probably on both things, however, if you want to keep peace, just suck
it in and forget it. In my previous house on a small 1/5 acre lot in a
suburban environment, the neighbor built a deck on the side of his
house. The posts were really close to the lot line on his side of the
line. But, the overhang was definitely over the line. I never said
anything and sold the house with no problems. On my present property,
3.5 acres in a rural mountain environment, we built a little walk bridge
over a small creek on the edge of the property. The lot line is down
the middle of the creek, so, the far end of the bridge is definitely on
the neighbor's property. He didn't seem to care as he has 100 acres and
his house it about 1 mile away up the mountain. But, if he should say
anything, I have one on him. He has a gate across the road leading to
this house. One of his gate posts is actually on my property. I don't
really care.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of
time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

grin

Well, gee, as if YOU had any thing to add!
The OP needs to consult attorney familiar with
her area. IANAL; DAMHIKT! YMMV.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of
time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

grin

Well, gee, as if YOU had any thing to add!

It was a joke, about Dad's statement. That's why there was a grin
at the end.

The OP needs to consult attorney familiar with
her area. IANAL; DAMHIKT! YMMV.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6 inches in places.

It might depend on how much of it is an inch, and how much is 6. If
99% is an inch and 2 inches are 6 inches off, I don't think any court
will let you tear down his fence and if you do it without permission
from him or a court, you may have to pay to put it back. I suppose
you'll be able to ensure at that point that it's put back in the right
place, but it will be on your dime.

Where the boundary is, I don't know. How bad 6 inches is considered,
I don't know.

You don't even say where you live. States have different laws. Even
towns and cities have laws.

Better talk to a local lawyer or maybe you can find someone at the
courthouse who actually knows something about this kind of case.

We have known about this since we moved in but felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

I doubt if his obnoxiousness strengthens your position on the fence.
The law probably regards them as unrelated. Though I understand how
you feel

And that's why many of your answers concentrated on getting him to
stop blowing leaves on your land.

I gather the fence is a picket fence or chain link, if trash can be
blown through it. I would point out to him that the fence is on your
land. Send him a lettter, return receipt requested. And of course
ask him to stop blowing trash through the fence.

After he's had some time to digest that, you might be able to run
something along the bottom 12, 18, or 24 inches of the fence that will
keep out the trash, some sort of plastic paper that won't fall apart
in the rain.

Even if it is chain link, they sell plastic (or metal?) inserts, I've
seen alternating green and white, that are usually used vertically to
make it harder to see into a yard with a chain link fence. But you
could put the same things in horizontally at the bottom of the fence.
You coudl watch him to see how high you have to go, or just do 12
inches and then see if any of it is getting over the fence.

He might get angry and rip off your additions, but otoh, he might even
stop blowing your way when he he sees. them.

The way you handle things can be everything.

In chicago, I lived on the first floor of a 3-story 6 apartment
building, and our evening newspaper was often missing. The paper boy
delivered another but insisted it was the 2nd. So I parked right
at the foot of the sidewalk leading to our front door. Didn't iknow
what I was going to do. Through the glass doors and the windows
beside it, I saw a young man come down the steps and bend down. I
figured he was picking up the paper. I popped out of the car and
walked up the sidewalk, still not knowing what I would say. As we
met about halfway between the building and the street, I stuck out my
hand, took the paper from his hand, and said "Thanks." The paper was
never stolen again.

On another occasion, I went to a movie at the college near where I
lived in Brooklyn. I was a little older than most of the kids, and
the woman I ended up sitting next to (because most of the seats were
taken) was eating potato chips from a cellphane? bag that rustled a
lot with every chip she took. Very annoying, but other empty seats
had very bad views. When they changed reels, I didn't tell her to
stop. Iinstead, I asked if she planned to eat chips during the rest
of the movie, because if she did, I would find another seat. She
mumbled something unintelligible iirc, but during the rest of the
movie she didn't make any more noise.

How to apply this technique to your situation I don't know. But bear
in mind that if you back someone into a corner, if you demand things
from them, a lot of people get worse and they'll forget everything
they thought maybe they shouldn't have done and remember only the last
"bad" thing you did, and no matter how justified it was, they'll not
remember what they did first. Watch the political parties in DC and
you'll see the same sort of thing.

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a challenge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

You do know this is called home repair, not can I legally do
something. There is a legal newsgroup or two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of
time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

grin

Well, gee, as if YOU had any thing to add!

It was a joke, about Dad's statement. [I guess you don't understand stupid replies to joke comments. How sad.] That's why there was a grin
at the end.

The OP needs to consult attorney familiar with
her area. IANAL; DAMHIKT! YMMV.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Damn center posters!

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:47:11 AM UTC-4, Art Todesco wrote:
On 10/1/2013 3:42 PM, wrote:

[...]

This situation is different. It's not an overhang, it's fence
that is apparently 6" over on his property. If he's OK with losing
that 6" via adverse possession, then he can live with it. In your
case, there was no risk of property loss.

I never said

anything and sold the house with no problems. On my present property,

3.5 acres in a rural mountain environment, we built a little walk bridge

over a small creek on the edge of the property. The lot line is down

the middle of the creek, so, the far end of the bridge is definitely on

the neighbor's property. He didn't seem to care as he has 100 acres and

his house it about 1 mile away up the mountain.

And of course you didn't bother to do the right thing and ask if it was
OK.

But, if he should say

anything, I have one on him. He has a gate across the road leading to

this house. One of his gate posts is actually on my property. I don't

really care.

If it's just a post, I wouldn't care either. But a fence that's 6" over
on my property with a neighbor that is giving my problems, that's another
story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Since the neighbor obviously doesn't give a damn and since
the neighbor apparently put up the fence, it's almost a certainty
that the neighbor isn't going to respond like you seem to think
he will. He asked the neighbor not to blow crap into his yard.

""Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile"

The way you handle things can be everything.

Not when you have an AH for a neighbor who blows crap in your
yard, throws branches over the fence, even after you've told
him to stop. You can go bake him a cake and kiss his ass, but
it's not going to matter. He's going to see you as another pussy
that he can walk all over.

In chicago, I lived on the first floor of a 3-story 6 apartment

building, and our evening newspaper was often missing. The paper boy

delivered another but insisted it was the 2nd. So I parked right

at the foot of the sidewalk leading to our front door. Didn't iknow

what I was going to do. Through the glass doors and the windows

beside it, I saw a young man come down the steps and bend down. I

figured he was picking up the paper. I popped out of the car and

walked up the sidewalk, still not knowing what I would say. As we

met about halfway between the building and the street, I stuck out my

hand, took the paper from his hand, and said "Thanks." The paper was

never stolen again.

That wouldn't be my way of handling it. A guy is stealing your
newspaper and you "thank" him? Good grief! I suppose if he mugged
you, you'd wish him a happy day.

On another occasion, I went to a movie at the college near where I

lived in Brooklyn. I was a little older than most of the kids, and

the woman I ended up sitting next to (because most of the seats were

taken) was eating potato chips from a cellphane? bag that rustled a

lot with every chip she took. Very annoying, but other empty seats

had very bad views. When they changed reels, I didn't tell her to

stop. Iinstead, I asked if she planned to eat chips during the rest

of the movie, because if she did, I would find another seat. She

mumbled something unintelligible iirc, but during the rest of the

movie she didn't make any more noise.

How to apply this technique to your situation I don't know.

That's because you can't apply it and apparently even you
realize it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/01/2013 01:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

Some threads are like children; they are cute and interesting when first
born, but when they start screaming, crying, and sh*tting all over
themselves it is time to depart.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:28:00 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

He might get angry and rip off your additions, but otoh, he might even

stop blowing your way when he he sees. them.

Since the neighbor obviously doesn't give a damn and since
the neighbor apparently put up the fence, it's almost a certainty
that the neighbor isn't going to respond like you seem to think
he will. He asked the neighbor not to blow crap into his yard.

""Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile"

(I don't know how long ago this was.)

Since she's already asked him, it might not be needed to ask again.

But if she hadn't asked him, no matter how nasty he'd been to her on
other things, no matter how convinced she was that he was everything
you think he is, it would still be necessary to ask him this
particular thing once, for the record

As to the time you quote above, maybe his ulcer was acting up, or he
got no sleep t he night before because his hip hurt. Maybe he's
tormented not knowing whether to get a hip replacement or not, and not
knowing how he'll pay for it if he does get it....... Maybe these
things and others don't bother him as much every day as they did that
day. Or maybe he's nasty most of the time, but the OP may still
catch him when he's in a good mood.

The way you handle things can be everything.

Not when you have an AH for a neighbor who blows crap in your

EVen then. Perhaps especially then. We've had this sort of
interchange before, where you think bad people are hopelessly bad and
I don.t.

[...]

And that's why YOU woudl have your paper stolen every time he was
there for as long as you lived there. I on the other hand never had
our paper stolen agani. Yet you read this story and still insist
you'd do it your way. You remind me of the angry man who blows
trash into his neighbor's yard.

On another occasion, I went to a movie at the college near where I

lived in Brooklyn. I was a little older than most of the kids, and

the woman I ended up sitting next to (because most of the seats were

taken) was eating potato chips from a cellphane? bag that rustled a

lot with every chip she took. Very annoying, but other empty seats

had very bad views. When they changed reels, I didn't tell her to

stop. Iinstead, I asked if she planned to eat chips during the rest

of the movie, because if she did, I would find another seat. She

mumbled something unintelligible iirc, but during the rest of the

movie she didn't make any more noise.

How to apply this technique to your situation I don't know.

That's because you can't apply it and apparently even you
realize it.

Things that aren't true seem to be apparent to you. If you don't get
over that, that alone will cause you problems.

I don't know how to apply it because I'm not there, I don't see the
possible interchanges they have, or the hundreds they've had in the
last several years. I have very littel info about the n'bor and none
about who else might live there. Same with the OP. Plus I wasn't
willing to think about it any more. I'd already spent more than 5
minutes writing my answer. That's enough, unless the OP were to ask a
question about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

He might get angry and rip off your additions, but otoh, he might even

stop blowing your way when he he sees. them.

Since the neighbor obviously doesn't give a damn and since

the neighbor apparently put up the fence, it's almost a certainty

that the neighbor isn't going to respond like you seem to think

he will. He asked the neighbor not to blow crap into his yard.

""Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile"

(I don't know how long ago this was.)

Try reading the post. From the very first one:

"He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. "

Since she's already asked him, it might not be needed to ask again.

But if she hadn't asked him, no matter how nasty he'd been to her on

other things, no matter how convinced she was that he was everything

you think he is, it would still be necessary to ask him this

particular thing once, for the record

Why, just because you say so? If a neighbor who has been a belligerent, hostile and unresponsive in the past is blowing crap
ant throwing debris on to your yard, there is no reason,
anyone shouldn't just call the police.

As to the time you quote above, maybe his ulcer was acting up, or he

got no sleep t he night before because his hip hurt. Maybe he's

tormented not knowing whether to get a hip replacement or not, and not

knowing how he'll pay for it if he does get it....... Maybe these

things and others don't bother him as much every day as they did that

day.

Do try to respond to the actual facts stated, instead of making
them up as you go:

"We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. "

Or maybe he's nasty most of the time, but the OP may still

catch him when he's in a good mood.

The way you handle things can be everything.

Not when you have an AH for a neighbor who blows crap in your

EVen then. Perhaps especially then. We've had this sort of

interchange before, where you think bad people are hopelessly bad and

I don.t.

Yeah, how did that work out for you with Lisa and the dirt pile.
I told you that a neighbor who would pile dirt onto your property
after being specifically told not to, is a skunk. The contractor
told her they would remove it pronto. Last we heard
from Lisa was two weeks later and the dirt was still there.

[...]

See, there you go again. Just because I'm going to stand up
for my rights and not kiss someone's ass, when they are committing
theft of my property, you magically transform that into me the type
that blows trash into a neighbor's yard? Unbelievable. And on top
of that, it's clear you haven't even paid attention to the original
post.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...
[...]

It time to put up a 8 foot Privacy Fence
@ the city ordnance of
6 inches inside the property line.

Now he will not blow his yard waste through the fence no more into your yard
and for sticks/branches from his trees
Cut the one over the fence into your yard

And say to Him with a Big Smile
Thank you sweetheart
How you like your Trees

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6 inches in places. We have known about this since we moved in but felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

Wow! A whole six inches?

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a challenge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Let me get this straight... You have known about this for seven year,
now he as ****ed you off for something totally unrelated, so to get
back at him you want to force him to move the fence. Does that sum it
up?

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of time?

You can ask a court to "make him".

Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

He can ask a court to make you replace it.

Or you can pretend that he nor the fence is a problem. It's better
for your sanity and maybe you car's tires. ...but it's your choice.

Me? I try like hell to not stir up hornets' nests and let dogs sleep.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

DD, you ignorant slut!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2013 4:20 PM, Hot-Text wrote:
wrote in message ...
[...]

Funny how a post will start a flame war, but the OP never shows up again
to answer questions....

Whatever the neighbor blows through the fence can't amount to enough to
worry about, unless it is a wide open fence...very peculiar sounding
problem. Branches and twigs will fall where they may....if they fall
naturally from overhanging branches, they are your (OP) branches.

With a neighbor relationship already badly strained, it would be
foolhardy to try to move a fence that the OP didn't care about until
they got ****ed....IMO, it would be asking for permanent war and not
worth the cost.

When my folks moved to Florida after retiring, my mom spent lots of time
and effort landscaping the yard in the brand-new home. The neighbor
across the street had been "famous" in the 'hood for his landscaping,
but got royally ****ed at my mom when her yard looked better than his.
He had been friendly, but then never spoke to my folks again. Funny world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2013 2:18 PM, micky wrote:

[...]

I'd say it was well handled. No confrontation, no arguments, point
made. Well made.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:39:29 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.

That's more of an adjective, about the comment. The comment
was stupid. Didn't call the poster stupid. Does that qualify
as insult? What a mistaken characterization of insult!

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.

That's more of an adjective, about the comment. The comment
was stupid. Didn't call the poster stupid. Does that qualify
as insult? What a mistaken characterization of insult!

She insulted your insult.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

On the contrary. I just showed that he was right.

grin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:29:16 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

Funny how a post will start a flame war, but the OP never shows up again
to answer questions....

You'r e right!!

Whatever the neighbor blows through the fence can't amount to enough to
worry about, unless it is a wide open fence...very peculiar sounding
problem. Branches and twigs will fall where they may....if they fall
naturally from overhanging branches, they are your (OP) branches.

With a neighbor relationship already badly strained, it would be
foolhardy to try to move a fence that the OP didn't care about until
they got ****ed....IMO, it would be asking for permanent war and not
worth the cost.

When my folks moved to Florida after retiring, my mom spent lots of time
and effort landscaping the yard in the brand-new home. The neighbor
across the street had been "famous" in the 'hood for his landscaping,
but got royally ****ed at my mom when her yard looked better than his.
He had been friendly, but then never spoke to my folks again. Funny world.

This is probably not as trivial as the landscaping, but a the wife X
of a friend of mine told his mother, "If we ever get a divorce, I'll
get remarried faster than your son will."

Later they did divorce and she had custody of the child but let my
friend see him whenever he wanted to, often several times a week,
without more than a phone call a couple minutes in advance.

Then when my friend got remarried, that ended, no impromptu meetings,
no meetings not in the court schedule, and she would make up stories
that the child was sick when he went for scheduled visits. He went
at least two months without seeing him.

Had to take the ex to court. The case immediately before theirs was
also a case of the ex-wife interfering with visitation and the judge
put her in jail. That shook up X and she was cooperative, for quite a
while.

He still spent a lot of money on lawyers that could have better been
spent on the kid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

two words,
Mulching lawnmower
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/3/2013 3:30 AM, Fat-Dumb and Happy wrote:
two words,
Mulching lawnmower

So simple and logical I'm surprised you thought of it first )
Posted to alt.home.repair

He still spent a lot of money on lawyers that could have better been
spent on the kid.

Had a conversation with a family friend who had recently been divorced
and had a six-year-old child....he mentioned that he was trying hard to
get along with the ex for the child's sake....coulda' tried that before
the divorce )

As for attorneys, my not-extensive experience has found that they are
totally, absolutely worthless 75% of the time. One probably would have
been in peril of losing his license if I had filed a complaint.

MD's run about the same score, the difference being that they can/do
save lives when the going gets rough. OTOH, they sure can mess stuff
up. Friend recently dx with prostate cancer .... biopsy positive.
Check. Bone scan positive. Check. NO information as to how treatment,
already begun, would change based on the ca spread. Not one mention;
just phone call from nurse. MD's, any more, remind me of vacuum cleaner
salemen...."got a nifty colonoscopy for you, $500 down and easy monthly
payments". "But doc, I got no risk of colon cancer but I can't climb
steps any more."