Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:06:24 -0700, Jennifer Murphy
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:39:29 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6
inches in places. We have known about this since we moved in but felt
that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this
neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried
to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a
fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the
fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the
fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his
trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6
inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city
ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had
my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely
stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard
waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me
of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said
"There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just
sounds like a challenge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of
time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?

This should be a fun thread.

What's the over/under on how many posts it will take before the insults
start flying between subscribers to this fine group?

What a stupid thing to say!

Not that stupid. You have just fired the first insult.

On the contrary. I just showed that he was right.

grin