Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Neighbors fence on my property.

My back neighbor's fence is on my property anywhere from 1 inch up to 6 inches in places. We have known about this since we moved in but felt that 6 inches wasn't anything to really worry about. However, this neighbor has been nothing but a pain in the behind. Last year he tried to claim 2 feet of our yard because a next-door neighbor was putting up a fence. He hired a company to survey the property which clearly shows the fence is on my property. Now he is blowing his yard waste through the fence and into my yard along with any sticks/branches that fall from his trees over the fence into my yard. We had planned on ignoring the 6 inches but now I want him to move the fence in accordance with city ordnance of 6 inches inside the property line.

We have been dealing with his unstable ways for 7 years now and I've had my limit. He was blowing leaves into our yard last night and I politely stated, "Mr. Howard I would appreciate it if you did not blow your yard waste into my yard." He became very belligerent and hostile, accused me of having an unkempt yard and kept calling me sweetheart. He said "There's nothing you can do to stop me sweetheart." Sorry but that just sounds like a challenge to me and I've had enough of his condescending ways towards women.

Two questions: Can I legally make him move the fence in a set period of time? Can I legally remove the fence that is on my property?