Posted to alt.home.repair

Default School offers counseling for traumatized students who saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun

A Baltimore area elementary school recently suspended a seven year old
boy for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun.
There also seems to be some dispute over whether the boy said “bang
bang” after doing so (some also claim there might have been a second
Pop-Tarter on the grassy knoll).

For any students who were traumatized by the frightening toaster
strudel ordeal, counseling is available:

The school sent home a letter to parents saying, “During breakfast
this morning, one of our students used food to make inappropriate
gestures that disrupted the class. While no physical threats were made
and no one was harmed, the student had to be removed from the
classroom.”

Parents should talk to their children if they’re troubled by the
incident, the school said, and the school counselor will be available
for any student who needs to talk.

It’s been pointed out that because the Pop Tart had a filling, the
pastry weapon was likely considered to be loaded — a much more
egregious zero-tolerance violation indeed — hence the suspension.

The letter sent to the parents of students is here. The educators will
now undoubtedly insist that any Pop Tarts consumed on school property
undergo a mandatory 24-hour cooling off period after coming out of the
toaster.

http://michellemalkin.com/2013/03/05...ed-pastry-gun/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:31:43 -0500, Metspitzer
wrote:

[...]

The true story is the child was eating the pastry, trying to make it
look like a mountain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

A Baltimore area elementary school recently suspended a seven year
old boy for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a
gun.

For any students who were traumatized by the frightening toaster
strudel ordeal, counseling is available

Another example of your country's voyage down the commode.

Your country is changing before your very eyes, yet you cannot see it.

You, each of you, are the unwitting agents of change.

And your guns will make no difference as a steam roller is crushing your
rights, your freedoms - your sensibilities and rationality.

Am I right - Oren?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Obviously we need the federal government to pay for two million more
art teachers; union, of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:

A Baltimore area elementary school recently suspended a seven year
old boy for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a
gun.

For any students who were traumatized by the frightening toaster
strudel ordeal, counseling is available

Another example of your country's voyage down the commode.

Your country is changing before your very eyes, yet you cannot see it.

You, each of you, are the unwitting agents of change.

And your guns will make no difference as a steam roller is crushing your
rights, your freedoms - your sensibilities and rationality.

Am I right - Oren?

No, HomoGay, you're never right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

kr williams @ att.net wrote:

A Baltimore area elementary school recently suspended a seven
year old boy for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape
resembling a gun.

Your country is changing before your very eyes, yet you cannot
see it.

And your guns will make no difference as a steam roller is
crushing your rights, your freedoms - your sensibilities
and rationality.

Am I right - Oren?

No, HomoGay, you're never right.

A 7-year-old boy is suspended from grade school for "chewing a breakfast
pastry into a shape resembling a gun".

Is that the American Way, KR Williams?

Is that what you do in the USA these days?

The parents are now facing a logistics problem with schooling for the
boy.

Other parents and the wider community are given a stark message about
how power and authority will deal with 7-year-old boys who "chew
breakfast pastry into a shape resembling a gun".

And this is not an example of how your sensibilities and rationality are
being steam-rollered in the USA?

Is this not an example of how your sensibilities and rationality are
being stolen from you? Stolen from you - in spite of your "right to
bear arms" ?

KR Williams - if I am not right, then are you proud of this situation
and it's outcome?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:02:53 -0500, Pillsbury Doughboy
wrote:

kr williams @ att.net wrote:

[...]

You don't have to repeat the whole article for everyone to know you're
an idiot, HomoGay. We *all* got that message months ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:37:55 -0500, wrote:

The true story is the child was eating the pastry, trying to make it
look like a mountain.

Obviously we need the federal government to pay for two million more
art teachers; union, of course.

Sure. Since we have no spending problems.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:07:04 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:37:55 -0500, wrote:

The true story is the child was eating the pastry, trying to make it
look like a mountain.

Obviously we need the federal government to pay for two million more
art teachers; union, of course.

Sure. Since we have no spending problems.

The US government has infinite money. Haven't you heard?
Senior Member

Well, ya gotta draw the line somewhere or the next thing ya know them little monkeys will be making nitroglycerine in chemistry class.

Seriously, I think everyone is in total agreement that "chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun" is something ANY 7 year old boy would do, and that a suspension from school is a total over reaction to the situation.

Heck, when I was 7 years old, I had plenty of toy guns, as did every other kid on my block. But we all fully understood that they were only toys. So, I don't think any of the little children munching on lunch that day were at all traumatized by the pastry pistol. In fact, those kids probably didn't give the pop tart gun a second thought, but are probably scared out of their wits now that they see how little it takes for them to get suspended from school!

The problem is that there are adults who can't seem to grasp that even in the most strictly enforced "zero tolerance" environment which presently surrounds anything having to do with guns in schools, some incidents can still be so minor that they're best left ignored.

So, no. I highly doubt anyone in here is proud of that school's handling of the situation.

Last edited by nestork : March 8th 13 at 06:42 AM

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:t8eij81slff10lf4sam5u1vbd1hgfc8gn7@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 07 Mar 2013 19:37:55 -0500, wrote:

The true story is the child was eating the pastry, trying to make it
look like a mountain.

Obviously we need the federal government to pay for two million more
art teachers; union, of course.

Sure. Since we have no spending problems.

But it's for the children! It's for the children!

:-)
Senior Member

I'm wondering if the pop tart pistol could have been more effectively handled by just getting each teacher to tell their Grade 2 class at the beginning of each year:
"OK, children, here's the deal:
Guns in schools is a really sensitive topic for the principal to deal with, so as long as no one chews their pop tart into the shape of a gun, I won't have to zap anyone with this electric cattle prod."

Occam's Razor: "The right answer is generally the simplest one."

Last edited by nestork : March 9th 13 at 11:42 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 20:26:21 +0000, nestork
wrote:

I'm wondering if the pop tart pistol could have been more effectively
handled by just getting each teacher to tell their Grade 2 class at the
beginning of each year:
"OK, children, here's the deal:
Guns in schools is a really sensitive topic for the principal to deal
with, so as long as no one chews their pop tart into the shape of a gun,
I won't have to zap anyone with this electric cattle prod."

[image: http://www.cbarks.dk/Digital/feufineart.jpg]

Occam's Razor: "The right answer is generally the simplest one."

The easy thing is to take the snowflakes to the gun range for simple
training. After they are ankle deep in brass, take a break for
snacks.

Eat the pop tarts as you desire.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 3:17:40 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
A new bill in Maryland; if passed, may save the children.

"...Jennings' bill would prevent minor incidents, such as the pastry
'gun' suspension, from being entered into a students' permanent
academic record, according to The Star Democrat.

That's what we need, another f*cking law.

Probably a f*king "less government" republican who proposed it too, right?

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
Teachers should take this tutorial. "Tutorial: How to tell the
difference between a Glock and a half-eaten Pop Tart"
Really, I think the extremes to which some school principals are carrying their "ZERO tolerance policy" toward guns in schools is doing more harm than good.

Even a 7 year old understands that a half eaten pop tart is not a real gun, so why is the school responding to it's presence in a school like it was a real gun? After all, if it's a harmless pop tart, it should be treated as such, and not treated like a real gun even if it's shape bears some resemblance to that of a real gun.

Kids at 7 years old are wanting to believe that there is logic behind the rules they have to follow in school and later in life as adults. That way they have some confidence that by following their own common sense they can hopefully stay out of prison.

But, schools that go ballistic and suspend students from shool for having a "bubble gun" in school, or chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun shakes the child's confidence that trusting his own logic will keep him safe and out of prison.

Certainly, I wouldn't want to try to explain the logic behind his/her suspension to a girl that brought a "bubble gun" to school or a boy that chewed a pop tart into the wrong shape.

Last edited by nestork : March 11th 13 at 09:54 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:18:56 +0000, nestork
wrote:

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3028514']
Teachers should take this tutorial. "Tutorial: How to tell the
difference between a Glock and a half-eaten Pop Tart"

Really, I think the extremes to which some school principals are
carrying their "ZERO tolerance policy" toward guns in schools is doing
more harm than good.

Even a 7 year old understands that a half eaten pop tart is not a real
gun, so why is the school responding to it's presence in a school like
it was a real gun? After all, if it's a harmless pop tart, it should be
treated as such, and not treated like a real gun even if it's shape
bears some resemblance to that of a real gun.

A write up I read about this "incident" said...........it is unclear
whether the kid also made the sound "bang"
Would you still consider this a harmless incident had the kid made a
"bang" sound?

Kids at 7 years old are wanting to believe that there is logic behind
the rules they have to follow in school and later in life as adults.
That way they have some confidence that by following their own common
sense they can hopefully stay out of prison.

But, schools that go ballistic and suspend students from shool for
having a "bubble gun" in school, or chewing a pop tart into the shape of
a gun shakes the child's confidence that trusting his own logic will
keep him safe and out of prison.

Certainly, I wouldn't want to try to explain the logic behind his/her
suspension to a girl that brought a "bubble gun" to school or a boy that
chewed a pop tart into the wrong shape.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:15:32 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

A write up I read about this "incident" said...........it is unclear
whether the kid also made the sound "bang"
Would you still consider this a harmless incident had the kid made a
"bang" sound?

What about two children holding hands? Maybe it was Kentucky or
Tennessee - teachers found this to be a problem.

Heck, federal prisons once had co-ed facilities. Pleasanton, CA &
Lexington, KY. The hand holders were coined "walky-talkies."

Related:

-Sen. Dianne Feinstein claims it’s ‘legal to hunt humans’ during
Senate hearing

-School removes toy soldiers with guns from cupcakes, calls them
‘insensitive’

-White House petition calls for Sen. Dianne Feinstein to be tried for
treason

-Public schools turning stupid over guns

-Second-grade Maryland boy suspended after chewing pastry into shape
of gun

-Washington boy suspended for talking about toy Nerf guns, suspension
overturned

-Actor Joseph C. Phillips says teacher threatened son over photo of BB
gun

-Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer
over paper gun

-Seven-year-old boy suspended for tossing imaginary grenade at recess

-?Middle-school student ordered to cover Marine Corps t-shirt or face
suspension

-Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying
‘pow’

-Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot
bubbles

What kind of water do these people drink?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:18:56 +0000, nestork
wrote:

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3028514']
[...]

The logic is that our society is largely influenced by the progressive
liberal think tanks. Has been for decades.

K-12, mostly liberal teachers having sex with students.

Colleges mostly, if not all, liberal thinkers that have a way of
influence on the students.

It is the liberal thinking that has damaged out society.

This is an example"

http://helablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/horn_man_dougnut_boy_1.jpg

This guy tried to run over his landlord with a vehicle.
--
"Trust me, I'm from the government. I'm here to help."

Senior Member

Someday, people are going to look back over these bubble gun and pop-tart gun "incidents" with the same distain they now look back on the McCarthy commie witch hunts of the 1950's.

They're doing more harm in traumatizing young children who can't understand why they're being suspended than good by protecting all the other students from the perceived threat.

The harm to the other students that could come from a bubble gun, a menacing pop tart or imaginary grenade is outweighed by the mental anguish infliced on a child by being suspended from school at such a young and impressionable age for a reason he doesn't understand (and I can't explain).

Anyhow, I think we're all in agreement on this point, so maybe we should finally let this thread sink into the quicksand below.

Last edited by nestork : March 12th 13 at 07:20 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:18:56 +0000, nestork
wrote:

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3028514']
[...]

Future story:

Janitor drops dustpan in hall. Goes 'bang. Entire school to go for
counseling. Janitor jailed without bail under terrorist act. Fully
supported by all who have been brought up as a bunch of pussies the past
decade.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 16:57:34 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:59:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Saturday, March 9, 2013 3:17:40 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
A new bill in Maryland; if passed, may save the children.

"...Jennings' bill would prevent minor incidents, such as the pastry
'gun' suspension, from being entered into a students' permanent
academic record, according to The Star Democrat.

That's what we need, another f*cking law.

So you don't support the "Toaster Pastry Gun Freedom Act"?

Maybe you support the liberal academic zealots, instead.

Probably a f*king "less government" republican who proposed it too,
right?

Can't say. I've never met the man.

Teachers should take this tutorial. "Tutorial: How to tell the
difference between a Glock and a half-eaten Pop Tart"

http://conservativefiringline.com/tu...he-difference-
between-a-glock-and-a-half-eaten-pop-tart/

Do it for the children!

Probably should be a school doc on file if a half-eaten Glock is found?
You know, just for CYA.

Right. If it isn't documented, it didn't happen!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:50:53 -0400, Moe Guhy wrote:

KR Williams @ att.net evaded:

You're accusing me of full-quoting?

Accuse? Are you denying it, Home Guy?

You really have no idea what it means to "full-quote" a previous post?

I do, HomoGay, but you clear do not.

Are you actually that dense?

You obviously are but we *all* knew that already.

Are you not embarrased by evading my questions?

Evading? You're lying, again, Home Guy.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You're a liar, HomoGay. We all knew that, too.

Is this the new normal in the USA?

What difference does it make to you Home Guy?

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You're a liar, HomoGay. *EVERYONE* here knows that, too.

Are you proud that a 7 year-old American boy was suspended
from school for chewing a breakfast pastry into a shape
resembling a gun?

Does that make you proud to be an American?

The fact that *YOU* aren't, Home Guy.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You're a liar, HomoGay. At least you're consistent.

BTW, HomoGay, it's really a cheap lie to try to route replies to a
nonexistent group. Stupid, too, but *EVERYONE* know's that's you, in
*SPADES*.

HomoGay, even your whore mother thinks you're useless.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default KR Williams full-quotes but does actually post anything (was: Schooloffers counseling for traumatized students who saw classmate...)

KR Williams @ att.net full-quoted a post made by nestork on Monday, but
failed to add anything to the post.

But no, you're not a full-quoter, are you Mr. Williams?

No, this is not an example of your full-quoting habbits, is it Mr.
Williams?

-----------------

Detaims of KR William's post:

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:49:58 -0400
Subject: School offers counseling for traumatized students who
saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default KR Williams is an evader and thinks everyone is a liar (was: Schooloffers counseling for traumatized students...)

KR Williams @ att.net spewed:

Are you not embarrased by evading my questions?

Evading? You're lying, again, Home Guy.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You're a liar, Home Guy. We all knew that, too.

You have the conversation style of a 4-year-old.

But then again, we all knew that too.

When someone speaks disturbing facts or truths to children, children
often lash out and scream "liar" in response. As you do frequently
here.

It's interesting that you keep calling me a liar, when the evidence that
I'm correct is plainly out in the open.

You do full-quote, and you practically always answer questions (not just
my questions) with a question, which is an evasion tactic.

it's really a cheap lie to try to route replies to a nonexistent
group.

Very interesting that you keep coming back to using inapropriate terms
like "lying" or "liar" when attempting to throw out an accusatory name
or label.

You seems to want to classify many things (or people) as "lying" or
liars, no matter how silly that looks.

My use of the Followup-To: mechanism to direct usenet replies to another
group is not an example of "lying". Contrary to your incorrect
statement (that I could call a "lie" but I don't) - the usenet newsgroup
"alt.bull****" does exist, and most of your posts belong there.

Either you have a very small vocabulary and you resort to calling
someone a "liar" when you feel like spouting a derogatory remark or you
believe they posted incorrect or wrong information, or you have a
deep-seated psychological psychosis with lying.
Senior Member

At least it's refreshing to see you posting under your own nickname, HomeGuy.

Last edited by nestork : March 17th 13 at 06:59 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:51:11 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

KR Williams @ att.net full-quoted a post made by nestork on Monday, but
failed to add anything to the post.

Buttpost. Your normal mode, HomoGay.

But no, you're not a full-quoter, are you Mr. Williams?

You are an illiterate idiot, HomoGay.

No, this is not an example of your full-quoting habbits, is it Mr.
Williams?

It's obvious you don't understand. Anything.

-----------------

Detaims of KR William's post:

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 23:49:58 -0400
saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun

I'm sure you have *EVERYONE'S* interest in this trivia, Homogay.

What a moron!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:20:48 -0400, Home Guy wrote:

KR Williams @ att.net spewed:

Are you not embarrased by evading my questions?

Evading? You're lying, again, Home Guy.

You evaded my question by not answering it.

You're a liar, Home Guy. We all knew that, too.

You have the conversation style of a 4-year-old.

You're an illiterate idiot, HomoGay.

But then again, we all knew that too.

IKYABWAI is about your speed, HomoGay.

When someone speaks disturbing facts or truths to children, children
often lash out and scream "liar" in response. As you do frequently
here.

I can't help it if you are a liar, HomoGay. Sometimes the truth
hurts, but it is still the truth.

It's interesting that you keep calling me a liar, when the evidence that
I'm correct is plainly out in the open.

Only because you are, HomoGay.

You do full-quote, and you practically always answer questions (not just
my questions) with a question, which is an evasion tactic.

You're an idiot. Not snipping full quoting. At least *rent* a
clue.

it's really a cheap lie to try to route replies to a nonexistent
group.

Very interesting that you keep coming back to using inapropriate terms
like "lying" or "liar" when attempting to throw out an accusatory name
or label.

Only because you are, HomoGay. It's not like anyone is surprised,
though. Everyone knows it, with the possible exception of you. You
probably "get it" too, but it's possible that you really are that
dumb.

You seems to want to classify many things (or people) as "lying" or
liars, no matter how silly that looks.

Only liars, HomoGay. ...which you certainly are.

My use of the Followup-To: mechanism to direct usenet replies to another
group is not an example of "lying". Contrary to your incorrect
statement (that I could call a "lie" but I don't) - the usenet newsgroup
"alt.bull****" does exist, and most of your posts belong there.

Of course it is, HomoGay. You pretend to converse but being a
petulant asshole, you try to redirect any reply elsewhere.

Either you have a very small vocabulary and you resort to calling
someone a "liar" when you feel like spouting a derogatory remark or you
believe they posted incorrect or wrong information, or you have a
deep-seated psychological psychosis with lying.

When you lie, I don't call you a swishy fruit. Though you are that
too, HomoGay.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote in news:nestork.b8adc28
@diybanter.com:

Refreshing to see you posting under your own nickname, HomeGuy.

But, just between you, me and KRW, I've learned from personal experience
that no matter how much you cuss someone out, no matter how much you
denegrate them and insult their intelligence, no matter how much you
ridicule them on what they say and no matter how eloquently you explain
to them just how stupid they really are, you still won't be able to
bring them around to your way of thinking.

Don't know why not.

errrr, because they're stupid?