nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Someday, people are going to look back over these bubble gun and pop-tart gun "incidents" with the same distain they now look back on the McCarthy commie witch hunts of the 1950's.

They're doing more harm in traumatizing young children who can't understand why they're being suspended than good by protecting all the other students from the perceived threat.

The harm to the other students that could come from a bubble gun, a menacing pop tart or imaginary grenade is outweighed by the mental anguish infliced on a child by being suspended from school at such a young and impressionable age for a reason he doesn't understand (and I can't explain).

Anyhow, I think we're all in agreement on this point, so maybe we should finally let this thread sink into the quicksand below.

Last edited by nestork : March 12th 13 at 07:20 PM