View Single Post
  #13   Report Post  

Well, ya gotta draw the line somewhere or the next thing ya know them little monkeys will be making nitroglycerine in chemistry class.

Seriously, I think everyone is in total agreement that "chewing a pop tart into the shape of a gun" is something ANY 7 year old boy would do, and that a suspension from school is a total over reaction to the situation.

Heck, when I was 7 years old, I had plenty of toy guns, as did every other kid on my block. But we all fully understood that they were only toys. So, I don't think any of the little children munching on lunch that day were at all traumatized by the pastry pistol. In fact, those kids probably didn't give the pop tart gun a second thought, but are probably scared out of their wits now that they see how little it takes for them to get suspended from school!

The problem is that there are adults who can't seem to grasp that even in the most strictly enforced "zero tolerance" environment which presently surrounds anything having to do with guns in schools, some incidents can still be so minor that they're best left ignored.

So, no. I highly doubt anyone in here is proud of that school's handling of the situation.

Last edited by nestork : March 8th 13 at 06:42 AM