Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default School offers counseling for traumatized students who saw classmate chew breakfast pastry into shape of gun

Metspitzer wrote in
:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:18:56 +0000, nestork
wrote:

'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3028514']
Teachers should take this tutorial. "Tutorial: How to tell the
difference between a Glock and a half-eaten Pop Tart"

Really, I think the extremes to which some school principals are
carrying their "ZERO tolerance policy" toward guns in schools is doing
more harm than good.

Even a 7 year old understands that a half eaten pop tart is not a real
gun, so why is the school responding to it's presence in a school like
it was a real gun? After all, if it's a harmless pop tart, it should
be treated as such, and not treated like a real gun even if it's shape
bears some resemblance to that of a real gun.

A write up I read about this "incident" said...........it is unclear
whether the kid also made the sound "bang"
Would you still consider this a harmless incident had the kid made a
"bang" sound?

Kids at 7 years old are wanting to believe that there is logic behind
the rules they have to follow in school and later in life as adults.
That way they have some confidence that by following their own common
sense they can hopefully stay out of prison.

But, schools that go ballistic and suspend students from shool for
having a "bubble gun" in school, or chewing a pop tart into the shape
of a gun shakes the child's confidence that trusting his own logic
will keep him safe and out of prison.

Certainly, I wouldn't want to try to explain the logic behind his/her
suspension to a girl that brought a "bubble gun" to school or a boy
that chewed a pop tart into the wrong shape.

Future story:

Janitor drops dustpan in hall. Goes 'bang. Entire school to go for
counseling. Janitor jailed without bail under terrorist act. Fully
supported by all who have been brought up as a bunch of pussies the past
decade.