Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Kansas City High School To Collect Students’ Hair -For Mandatory Drug Testing

Unless I'm reading this wrong, the story does not explicitly say that
Rockhurst Highschool is a private school. The story only seems to
indicate that with this last sentence:

"Private schools are allowed to test all students while public
schools are restricted by the Fourth Amendment."

In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We don't
even *WANT* to do it.

I don't know why you are killing yourselves financially (if not morally)
with this insane desire to create this "total information awareness",
all-authority-all-the-time society.

The culture of control.

You americans are hell bent at erasing all boundaries between the common
citizen and the people that wear the hats.

Is this what your founding fathers wanted?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...-drug-testing/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (CBS St. Louis) — A Kansas City high school will begin
collecting hair from students to conduct mandatory drug tests.

KHSB-TV reports that Rockhurst High School will start the random drug
testing during the 2013-14 school year.

“Our point is, if we do encounter a student who has made some bad
decisions with drugs or alcohol, we will be able to intervene, get the
parents involved, get him help if necessary, and then help him get back
on a path of better decision making, healthier choices for his life,”
Rockhurst Principal Greg Harkness told the station.

The school will collect 60 strands of hair from the student and test for
several types of drugs, including marijuana and cocaine. If a student
comes back with a positive drug test, that student will have 90 days to
get drug-free. The station reports the file will be destroyed for a
student who tests positive after graduation and colleges and
universities will never know about the failed test.

Matthew Brocato, the school’s junior class president, told The Kansas
City Star that the mandatory drug testing is not to punish students who
fail.

“When you hear ‘drug testing,’ you think cops,” Brocato told the Star.
“At first you’re taken aback. Is it for the better?”

Officials decided to start drug testing during the next school year
after a recent survey conducted to their students.

“What was most alarming for us is that when you asked our students if
everyone else is doing it, they said, ‘Yes.’ But, in fact, they
weren’t,” Harkness told KHSB. “It’s that perception I think among
teenagers today that fuels the peer pressure – that there’s this idea
that ‘Everyone is doing it, so I guess I have to do it myself.’”

Parents are also backing the school’s decision.

“We’ve had lots of conversations – that’s the thing I like most about it
– it has opened up conversations around the dinner table with both my
boys, and that’s been great for our family,” mother Tammy Privitera told
the station.

The ACLU, though, believe school drug testing is a waste of time and
money.

“Nothing prohibits it,” Doug Bonney, legal director for the ACLU of
Kansas and Western Missouri, told the Star. “But it is a colossal waste
of money.”

Private schools are allowed to test all students while public schools
are restricted by the Fourth Amendment.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/30/2013 8:16 PM, Hair Today wrote:

In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We don't
even *WANT* to do it.

I am a Canadian and you do not speak for me. Do not use terms like
"WE", because from most of your posts on here you do NOT speak for
Canadians, you speak for yourself...

Do not tell me what I want or do not want!
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/30/2013 5:16 PM, Hair Today wrote:
If a student
comes back with a positive drug test, that student will have 90 days to
get drug-free.

OK, so what happens when they don't?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:52:31 -0500, Hench wrote:

I am a Canadian and you do not speak for me. Do not use terms like
"WE", because from most of your posts on here you do NOT speak for
Canadians, you speak for yourself...

Do not tell me what I want or do not want!

When Home Guy mentions "WE", he means him and the turd in his pocket.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/30/2013 8:16 PM, Hair Today wrote:
In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We don't
even*WANT* to do it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...g-testing.html

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Hench wrote:

In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We
don't even *WANT* to do it.

I am a Canadian and you do not speak for me.

Well **** you then.

If you want the long arm of corporations and the gov't shoving their
arms down your throat and up your ass, then why don't you move down to
the US where those sheep are asking for more oversight, control and
domination in their lives.

Do not use terms like "WE", because from most of your posts on
here you do NOT speak for Canadians, you speak for yourself...

Do not tell me what I want or do not want!

Well **** you right up the asshole.

I most certainly speak for the vast majority of Canadians - at least
those that value and desire true personal liberty and freedom.

I dare you to come right back here and admit that you want, that you
WELCOME drug testing of your kids by the schools. That you welcome the
RAPE of your wallet to pay for it.

Come ****ing back here and admit it, if I REALLY don't speak for you on
this topic.

Or crawl back into the woodwork you came from.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Hench wrote:
On 1/30/2013 8:16 PM, Hair Today wrote:

In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We don't
even *WANT* to do it.

I am a Canadian and you do not speak for me. Do not use terms like
"WE", because from most of your posts on here you do NOT speak for
Canadians, you speak for yourself...

Do not tell me what I want or do not want!

+1
--
PV

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

- Aristophanes

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Bill wrote:

A Kansas City high school will begin
collecting hair from students to conduct mandatory drug tests...

Good!

This will give the kids a taste of what it will be like out in the
REAL world once they graduate.

And that is many employers do drug testing these days.

Because you are all plebes. Serfs.

You have no rights.

Drug testing here in Canada is extremely rare, as pointed out in the
article posted by "Your Name":

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...g-testing.html

Thanks for posting that, by the way. It does a good job of illustrating
how far down the toilet the USA has gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Hair Today wrote:
Unless I'm reading this wrong, the story does not explicitly say that
Rockhurst Highschool is a private school. The story only seems to
indicate that with this last sentence:

"Private schools are allowed to test all students while public
schools are restricted by the Fourth Amendment."

This'll be a big push for the skinhead look.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/30/2013 10:52 PM, True North wrote:
Hench wrote:

[...]

Wow, I'm really impressed by your lexicon. Keep up the good work.
Sure glad with your choice of words that you speak for ALL of us Canucks!!!

If my kid was a criminal then s/he should be tested by authorities for
drugs, as all felons should be.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Hench wrote:

Sure glad with your choice of words that you speak for ALL of us
Canucks!!!

Damn straight!!!

If my kid was a criminal then s/he should be tested by authorities
for drugs, as all felons should be.

If your kid was a criminal, then you as a parent should get your ass
kicked, and any drug testing that YOU want to happen to YOUR KIDS should
come at YOUR GOD DAMN EXPENSE, on YOUR TIME, and have NOTHING TO DO WITH
SCHOOL - and certainly NOT INVOLVE MY KIDS.

Or are ideas and concepts like that beyond your understanding?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:20:35 -0500, Hench wrote:

Sure glad with your choice of words that you speak for ALL of us Canucks!!!

Hench,

This is Home Guy again. He takes on a variety of personalities here.

Watch his message headers:

1) NNTP-Posting-Host: E9KA8G1jLMPD8a9ltLesXw.user.speranza.aioe.org

2) X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (Win98; U)

He may be using another account on the server with a different News
reader (more when the data comes in)

Hey Home Guy, "**** you."
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Hair Today wrote:
Unless I'm reading this wrong, the story does not explicitly say that
Rockhurst Highschool is a private school. The story only seems to
indicate that with this last sentence:

"Private schools are allowed to test all students while public
schools are restricted by the Fourth Amendment."

In any case, we don't do **** like this up here in Canada. We don't
even *WANT* to do it.

I don't know why you are killing yourselves financially (if not
morally) with this insane desire to create this "total information
awareness", all-authority-all-the-time society.

The culture of control.

You americans are hell bent at erasing all boundaries between the
common citizen and the people that wear the hats.

Is this what your founding fathers wanted?

Only nitwits in the legal office of the public schools would infer that that
the 4th Amendment prohibits drug testing.

The 4th Amendment states: "... UNREASONABLE searches and seizures..." All
the school system has to do is demonstrate that keeping drugs - and drug
users - out of the public schools is "reasonable." Many schools already do
it for extra-cirrucula activities (sports, drill teams, etc.).

This is the same rationale as drug tests for the military, CIA, Air Traffic
Controllers, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/31/2013 8:27 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:20:35 -0500, Hench wrote:

Sure glad with your choice of words that you speak for ALL of us Canucks!!!

Hench,

This is Home Guy again. He takes on a variety of personalities here.

Watch his message headers:

1) NNTP-Posting-Host: E9KA8G1jLMPD8a9ltLesXw.user.speranza.aioe.org

2) X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.79 [en] (Win98; U)

He may be using another account on the server with a different News
reader (more when the data comes in)

Hey Home Guy, "**** you."

I know it's homeguy. I just want people to know that not all Canadians
act or think or talk like him, and that not all Canadians think lowly of
our American friends.

The United States is a great neighbour so I thought I should stand up
and say something....
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:40:53 -0500, Hench wrote:

I know it's homeguy. I just want people to know that not all Canadians
act or think or talk like him, and that not all Canadians think lowly of
our American friends.

The United States is a great neighbour so I thought I should stand up
and say something....

I understand. Many here agree, have stated so, and hold no ill will
towards Canadians Most see him for what he is in his little-man world.

I will ask a question:

What is the Canadian words for "fried chicken"?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:40:53 -0500, Hench wrote:

I know it's homeguy. I just want people to know that not all Canadians
act or think or talk like him, and that not all Canadians think lowly of
our American friends.

The United States is a great neighbour so I thought I should stand up
and say something....

I understand. Many here agree, have stated so, and hold no ill will
towards Canadians Most see him for what he is in his little-man world.

I will ask a question:

What is the Canadian words for "fried chicken"?

It's Fried Chicken here but ironically most "Fried Chicken" either in
sit-down restaurants or home recipes are actually oven-baked.

I cook ALOT, and most recipes I come across in Canada all bake their
fried chicken. Fried chicken usually just means breaded and herbed
chicken parts here.

Fast food places still deep fry the chicken.

As for Black people in Canada (you didn't ask but some idiot associated
blacks with fried chicken) the vast majority are not decedents of slaves
but are rather immigrants and their decedents from other former British
colonies so they don't have "fried chicken" like African-Americans do.....
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:39:48 -0500, Hench wrote:

What is the Canadian words for "fried chicken"?

It's Fried Chicken here but ironically most "Fried Chicken" either in
sit-down restaurants or home recipes are actually oven-baked.

I cook ALOT, and most recipes I come across in Canada all bake their
fried chicken. Fried chicken usually just means breaded and herbed
chicken parts here.

Fast food places still deep fry the chicken.

As for Black people in Canada (you didn't ask but some idiot associated
blacks with fried chicken) the vast majority are not decedents of slaves
but are rather immigrants and their decedents from other former British
colonies so they don't have "fried chicken" like African-Americans do.....

Is it "'poulet frit'"? I recall words like this at a KFC in Niagara
Falls (Canada). I just wasn't sure.

poulet = chicken

frit = fried

Is that correct for "frit"?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:24:00 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Only nitwits in the legal office of the public schools would infer that that
the 4th Amendment prohibits drug testing.

The 4th Amendment states: "... UNREASONABLE searches and seizures..." All
the school system has to do is demonstrate that keeping drugs - and drug
users - out of the public schools is "reasonable." Many schools already do
it for extra-cirrucula activities (sports, drill teams, etc.).

This is the same rationale as drug tests for the military, CIA, Air Traffic
Controllers, etc.

I found interesting in years past that the threshold of a urine sample
taken from a federal prisoner and a employee is different. Staff were
just above the inmates. The agency allowed the testing labs to use
different standards. The test was more stringent for an inmate, but
not by much. Inmates were told not to eat poppy seeds in bread as it
could cause a false positive. (Conditions of Furlough)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/1/2013 8:56 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Maybe in Quebec. I suspect very strongly that the poulet frit you saw
is tourist nonsense. Niagara has not been French in over 200 years.

Most of Niagara was settled by American-English in the 1780s. You'd
have to drive another 8 hours east to find French versions of "fried
chicken"
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:40:53 -0500, Hench wrote:

I know it's homeguy. I just want people to know that not all Canadians
act or think or talk like him, and that not all Canadians think lowly of
our American friends.

The United States is a great neighbour so I thought I should stand up
and say something....

I understand. Many here agree, have stated so, and hold no ill will
towards Canadians Most see him for what he is in his little-man world.

I will ask a question:

What is the Canadian words for "fried chicken"?

It's Fried Chicken here but ironically most "Fried Chicken" either in
sit-down restaurants or home recipes are actually oven-baked.

I cook ALOT, and most recipes I come across in Canada all bake their
fried chicken. Fried chicken usually just means breaded and herbed
chicken parts here.

That's called "oven fried chicken", here.

Fast food places still deep fry the chicken.

If it's not fried in grease, it's not "fried chicken".

As for Black people in Canada (you didn't ask but some idiot associated
blacks with fried chicken) the vast majority are not decedents of slaves
but are rather immigrants and their decedents from other former British
colonies so they don't have "fried chicken" like African-Americans do.....

Fried chicken is a Southern thing. The fact that ignorant Northern
racists (lefties) connect it with blacks, is their problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Don't forget watermelon, that wonderful tasty melon which actually came
to America from Africa. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Want to really bend a Northerner ( racists or not - left or right leaning)
out of shape. Try to feed them fried catfish and tell them before they eat
it.

God help you if you try to feed them crawfish
https://www.google.com/search?q=craw...w=1024&bih=605

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 22:53:08 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

.. .

On 2/1/2013 7:52 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

....and here, folks, we have a Southern-style bigot.

God help you if you try to feed them crawfish
https://www.google.com/search?q=craw...w=1024&bih=605

Ditto

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I doubt that would get past the politically correct, ethnically
sensetive, socially sensetive writers that are now employed with
most networks. Our USA nation has evolved to the point where we give
tax payer dollars to border jumping criminals, in violation of our
own laws. But, if an African descendant is looking like a gangsta,
and breaking into your house in the middle of the night to steal for
drug money and cause deliberate acts of terror, we have to be
ethnically sensetive, after all he is probably deprived and had a
rough childhood. Can't do anything to hurt him.

That's so much better than the primitive days when the home owner
would wake up, load up some double ought, and go blast the coon.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

I guess you prove that despite their claims, mormons are still racists.