Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Wonderful And So True YouTube Video

Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 6, 2:17*pm, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:

Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Yup. I think Clinton was president.
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:

Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Yup. I think Clinton was president.

No, that was Ronnie that first started the cheese thing. Most was
processed American in five pound bricks. My in-laws got some from the
senior center they went to. Most was blah, but one they brought home
was very good. I'd have even paid for it.

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:03:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Yup. I think Clinton was president.

No, that was Ronnie that first started the cheese thing. Most was
processed American in five pound bricks. My in-laws got some from the
senior center they went to. Most was blah, but one they brought home
was very good. I'd have even paid for it.

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

Huh? Uncle Sam gave 5# blocks of cheese to the poor in the 1950's.
Pretty good cheese in those days. Help to sustain diets for the less
fortunate. "Ronnie" gave out "Velveeta"??? Powered milk takes some
getting used to, at first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've heard of young folks who can't cook.

One email I got on a list, the young family was hungry. Older, and generous
woman fixed up a pack of stuff, and brought it to the young family. A couple
days later, same call, being hungry. How can that be, there was a couple
weeks food? Turns out the young idiot used the stuff she recognized, and
threw out the rest of the perfectly good food.

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
news

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

It was a popular program with old folks down here. They also had
honey, corn meal and a few other things that the government had
warehouses full of from farm programs. People were never sure what
they were going to get to go with the cheese.
Old people who lived through the depression knew what to do with that
stuff. It was mostly wasted among the urban poor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/13 6:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've heard of young folks who can't cook.

One email I got on a list, the young family was hungry. Older, and generous
woman fixed up a pack of stuff, and brought it to the young family. A couple
days later, same call, being hungry. How can that be, there was a couple
weeks food? Turns out the young idiot used the stuff she recognized, and
threw out the rest of the perfectly good food.

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

The older lady should have known her actions were a recipe for
disaster.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/2013 6:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've heard of young folks who can't cook.

One email I got on a list, the young family was hungry. Older, and generous
woman fixed up a pack of stuff, and brought it to the young family. A couple
days later, same call, being hungry. How can that be, there was a couple
weeks food? Turns out the young idiot used the stuff she recognized, and
threw out the rest of the perfectly good food.

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

A church I did some work for because the people there were nice folks
and would help anyone who asked for their help had their faith in their
fellow man shaken by the result of their altruism. The problem the nice
folks had to deal with that really disturbed them was the fact that many
of the street critters were taking advantage of their compassion
by breaking into the church run soup kitchen and stealing all the food.
The dregs of society would also come to the church and ask for clothing
which they would throw away rather than wash it then return and ask for
more. If the critter you feed bites the hand that feeds it, you don't
feed it anymore. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:

Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Yup. I think Clinton was president.

No, that was Ronnie that first started the cheese thing. Most was
processed American in five pound bricks. My in-laws got some from the
senior center they went to. Most was blah, but one they brought home
was very good. I'd have even paid for it.

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

I don't know who was prez when it started but it was in the Clinton era
that I saw the cheese. Cheese was as you describe. Hunter was one of
our poorer friends struggling with his car repair business.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Latest I heard was they were going to give them smart phones for free.
Poor folks need to send in their pictures with job resumees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Or, found out after the first load of ingredients got thrown out.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" " wrote in message news:kf08n9

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it
back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

The older lady should have known her actions were a recipe for
disaster.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My church had the same problem, I think it was one of the new members. They
gave him a key to the place, so he could set up chairs before meetings.
About that time, all kinds of things started disappearing.

I've also heard of the "throw away clothing" routine.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

A church I did some work for because the people there were nice folks
and would help anyone who asked for their help had their faith in their
fellow man shaken by the result of their altruism. The problem the nice
folks had to deal with that really disturbed them was the fact that many
of the street critters were taking advantage of their compassion
by breaking into the church run soup kitchen and stealing all the food.
The dregs of society would also come to the church and ask for clothing
which they would throw away rather than wash it then return and ask for
more. If the critter you feed bites the hand that feeds it, you don't
feed it anymore. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 07:17:14 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Why feed it? The government will give it free cash and cell phones!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 08:30:48 -0500, Frank

On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Latest I heard was they were going to give them smart phones for free.
Poor folks need to send in their pictures with job resumees.

Except that one doesn't put one's picture on one's resume. Well, I
guess it's a good idea if one doesn't want to get hired.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The problem with altruistic, compassionate, good people is the simple
fact that they will always keep trying to help their fellow man no
matter what sort of scumbag that fellow man happens to be. I'm not very
tolerant of scumbags even though I believe in the practice of giving
anyone a hand up but I only offer it once. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Funny, tragic, amusing, disgusting but very true. Enjoy! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEYFFiEnUjQ

TDD

Guy brought a big block of gov'mint cheese into hunting camp.

OK if you like Velveeta type cheese.

Or like cheesy government. ^_^

TDD

Latest I heard was they were going to give them smart phones for free.
Poor folks need to send in their pictures with job resumees.

Except that one doesn't put one's picture on one's resume. Well, I
guess it's a good idea if one doesn't want to get hired.

I remember speaking to a modern young woman who was having trouble
getting a job. I asked if it could have something to do with all the
pieces of metal piercing and sticking out of her body and her eye
punishing bright purple hair? Her answer was she would remove the
junkyard from her skin and wear a hat. I told her she shouldn't give
up her identity but should look for a job that fit her not the other
way around. I suggested looking for employment with a circus, freak show
or other entertainment enterprise. It never ceases to amaze me that many
young men complain they can't find a job when they walk around with
their pants hanging down and their underwear showing. It's
never never their fault, it's always the businesses that reject them. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

There is always some thing the recipient can to
get thje job started. "I'll install the [item], but
you have to go buy it."

Helps weed out the less serious types.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

The problem with altruistic, compassionate, good people is the simple
fact that they will always keep trying to help their fellow man no
matter what sort of scumbag that fellow man happens to be. I'm not very
tolerant of scumbags even though I believe in the practice of giving
anyone a hand up but I only offer it once. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm guessing she reacted with raw hostility to the suggestion of job as
circus freak?

Those purple spiky walking junkyards tend to hostility. Same with the pants
on the ground types.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I remember speaking to a modern young woman who was having trouble
getting a job. I asked if it could have something to do with all the
pieces of metal piercing and sticking out of her body and her eye
punishing bright purple hair? Her answer was she would remove the
junkyard from her skin and wear a hat. I told her she shouldn't give
up her identity but should look for a job that fit her not the other
way around. I suggested looking for employment with a circus, freak show
or other entertainment enterprise.

It never ceases to amaze me that many
young men complain they can't find a job when they walk around with
their pants hanging down and their underwear showing. It's
never never their fault, it's always the businesses that reject them. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2013 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

My wife was interviewing for a job today (never heard of a cattle call
for office work, but...). Half of the women showed up late and one
even lied about it. ...and people wonder why they're chronically
unemployed.