Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Wonderful And So True YouTube Video

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:51:04 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:03:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, that was Ronnie that first started the cheese thing. Most was
processed American in five pound bricks. My in-laws got some from the
senior center they went to. Most was blah, but one they brought home
was very good. I'd have even paid for it.

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

It was a popular program with old folks down here.

Pretty popular in the North, too. A friend's parents showed up to get
theirs in their new Caddy. They gave the cheese to the kids. It
wasn't great, but edible.

They also had
honey, corn meal and a few other things that the government had
warehouses full of from farm programs. People were never sure what
they were going to get to go with the cheese.
Old people who lived through the depression knew what to do with that
stuff. It was mostly wasted among the urban poor.

Sure, price supports. "Ronnie" just cleared he warehouses.