Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Wonderful And So True YouTube Video

On 2/7/2013 6:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've heard of young folks who can't cook.

One email I got on a list, the young family was hungry. Older, and generous
woman fixed up a pack of stuff, and brought it to the young family. A couple
days later, same call, being hungry. How can that be, there was a couple
weeks food? Turns out the young idiot used the stuff she recognized, and
threw out the rest of the perfectly good food.

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

A church I did some work for because the people there were nice folks
and would help anyone who asked for their help had their faith in their
fellow man shaken by the result of their altruism. The problem the nice
folks had to deal with that really disturbed them was the fact that many
of the street critters were taking advantage of their compassion
by breaking into the church run soup kitchen and stealing all the food.
The dregs of society would also come to the church and ask for clothing
which they would throw away rather than wash it then return and ask for
more. If the critter you feed bites the hand that feeds it, you don't
feed it anymore. O_o

TDD