Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Wonderful And So True YouTube Video

I've heard of young folks who can't cook.

One email I got on a list, the young family was hungry. Older, and generous
woman fixed up a pack of stuff, and brought it to the young family. A couple
days later, same call, being hungry. How can that be, there was a couple
weeks food? Turns out the young idiot used the stuff she recognized, and
threw out the rest of the perfectly good food.

Didn't ask how to use it. Didn't say "hey, I can't use this, take it back".
Just pitch perfectly good ingredients into the trash. No sense of
appreciaton, no brains.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
news

Cheese, peanut butter, powdered milk were the biggest items on the
give away.

It was a popular program with old folks down here. They also had
honey, corn meal and a few other things that the government had
warehouses full of from farm programs. People were never sure what
they were going to get to go with the cheese.
Old people who lived through the depression knew what to do with that
stuff. It was mostly wasted among the urban poor.