Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who is it?

On Friday, April 6, 2012 11:55:05 AM UTC-5, harry wrote:
On Apr 6, 12:34*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
On Apr 6, 12:44 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I expect you to be disappointed.

Let me get this straight: You called me a nazi, even though I'm
Jewish and had a number of relatives - distant, but still relatives
- slaughtered by that group.

You call me a nazi even though I'm a dues-paying member of the
Anti-Defamation League of B'nai Brith.

You call me a nazi even though my father was wounded fighting them
and an uncle was killed at Normandy.

You call me a nazi even though you know little about me and with no
reason based on anything I've ever posted, let alone any response
made to you personally.

Now, will I really continue to be disappointed or will you re-think
your position and step back from a flagrant slur?

We know you are Jewish.
Nazism is a political attitude not a race.
Nowadays there are plenty of Nazi Jews around, eg the present
government of Israel who are Nazi to their very core.

He is right, you seem to be a Nazi *by your previous rantings on here.

October 17th is getting closer and closer asshole.- Hide quoted text -

That your birthday?

Really harry? (Is)"that your birthday?" You either spent too much time in the South (US) or you never were a Brit to begin with!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 1:52*pm, Red Green wrote:
harry wrote :

On Apr 7, 12:46*am, Red Green wrote:
harry wrote
innews:d53f01dd-5e55-4344-87ea-9467fb2d

:

On Apr 6, 1:11*pm, Richard wrote:
On 4/6/2012 3:38 AM, harry wrote:

On Apr 6, 1:53 am, *wrote:
On 4/5/2012 7:07 PM, Red Green wrote:

* *wrote in
news:Fr6dndRyrvPHkOPSnZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@earthlink .com:

On 4/5/2012 3:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
* * wrote in mes

sag
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the
curren
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk
radio, fo
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a
good argument from an intelligent conservative, but the
above tactics a
re
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the
right wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room
for compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of
compromise.

* * * * * * Boy did they brainwash you early. It's abo

ut
the money.
* * * * * * Personal gain of money. How you can waste

$10
00x of
* * * * * * someone elses money to get $x for yourself

.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm a LOT older than you...- Hide
quoted t
ext -

That's just more time to get brainwashed and less chance of
reversing the process.

Alternate possibility?

You are just another young fool who has been nowhere, done
nothing?-

I have travelled in 47 countires in the world.

I've been to the Bronx quite a number of times...- Hide quoted text -

Do you need a passport to go there?

Not to enter. Just to leave alive you will need papers...the kind with
pics of presidents on them

Heh Heh. I find your money very confusing. Why don't you haved
ifferent sizes and colours like everyone else?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 12:34*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:
On Apr 6, 12:44 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Really harry? (Is)"that your birthday?" You either spent too much time in the South (US) or you never were a Brit to begin with!- Hide quoted text -

You have crossed the threads. I was asking HB if it was his birthday.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

harry wrote in
:

On Apr 7, 1:52*pm, Red Green wrote:
harry wrote
innews:91459ffb-921a-4280-b0fe-3de040de

:

On Apr 6, 1:11*pm, Richard wrote:
On 4/6/2012 3:38 AM, harry wrote:

On Apr 6, 1:53 am, *wrote:
[...]

We don't have colours but we do have colors.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 12:37*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Some years ago, one of my church classes was having a look at ancient Jewish
society. One of the things the teacher mentioned was that in the old days,
the Jews made a very pronounced practice of returning evil with evil. One
person would be offended, and would return the offense (accidental, or
intentional) with every manner of anger, hatred, persecution, and reviling
that was possible.

Of course, the person who committed the initial offense may or may not have
meant any harm. But, it was left to the first person to respond with greater
anger, etc.

When the wise man Jesus Christ of Nazareth came along, he taught of
forgiveness, and tolerance of others. It was a new concept, to the Jews. Who
were used to retuning every small slight with loads of anger.

From what I gather, you're continuing in the tradition of old. You've got a
bit of work ahead of you. I consider most of the people on alt home repair
to be my friends. You will be obliged to load anger, hatred, and persecution
on most of them, until the end of time. I'll help, by pointing out the ones
I consider my friends. Read my posts. As I adress people as "my friend",
that will tell you who to slam, and revile.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org

They work off the Old Testament not the New.
The one where slavery, bigamy, human sacrifice, incest and selling
ones daughter is permitted.

Fa**ots and adulterers are stoned to death.

Almost exactly like muslims come to think.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Green, and black?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Red Green" wrote in message
harry wrote in

Heh Heh. I find your money very confusing. Why don't you haved
ifferent sizes and colours like everyone else?

We don't have colours but we do have colors.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The original quote was something I heard on a radio show, a
couple days ago. The US department of something or other had done
a psych profile on Adolf Hitler.

So I was right in attributing the information you provided to the
nazis. Note I did not call you a nazi or anything else. Yet.

Instead of congratulating me for guessing correctly, you
attributed to me a most personal and hateful slur.

You have ripped your britches, asshole. I will make it my mission
to denigrate you and everybody you ever knew for harboring such a
festering and despicable belief.

One thing puzzles me about this Christopher A Young. Look at his
signature - he's providing others direction on how to learn more
about Jesus, yet his name calling and other rhetoric certainly does
not reflect that he kows much about the teachings of Jesus. I do see
that the link is to the Church of Latter Day Saints - the Mormons and
I have not read as much of the Mormon teachings as I have of other
faiths, but I do have friends who are Mormons, and I sent a complete
copy of this "Who is it" thread (as much as was posted - unedited),
and asked what they thought of Young's posts. Among other comments,
one stood out and that was "Why does he have this attitude and offer
others a view of Jesus withhis name? It seems to me that he does not
understand the Mormon teachings or his instruction was completely
different from ours."

Stormin Mormon, you need to heed your own signature. A discussion
where people don't agree can be conducted WITHOUT attitudes and name
calling. When you do so, any points you make are negated by these
tactics.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 00:07:30 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Apr 6, 7:00*pm, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:22:24 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Excuse for what? *W started two wars based on lies killing hundreds of
thousands.. *He destroyed the *American economy. *Maybe he has no
excuse.

Got any links for those numbers? *Thought so...

Dubya saved millions of Africans, but you only see through rose
colored glasses.

Ya muppet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Casualties

Try again. This time take as many screens as you need.

Dubya did not start the Gulf War.

Ya muppet!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
newsIVfr.150175

It was a new concept, to the Jews. Who were used to retuning every small

slight with loads of anger.

I always wondered where cops got the expression "to tune someone up" from.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7 Apr 2012 17:43:09 GMT, J Carter wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
om:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Well said, Mr. Carter. Outstanding.

The Mormons I know don't act like Chris.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

We don't have colours but we do have colors.

Unless you are big band from Chicago. Then you have Fancy Colours.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

harry wrote:

On Apr 7, 12:56 am, Oren ? wrote:
? On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 23:46:34 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
?
? ? wrote:
? ??? You are just another young fool who has been nowhere, done nothing?-
?
? ?? I have travelled in 47 countires in the world.
?
? ?I've been to the Bronx quite a number of times...
?
? I **** in the desert... only if absolutely necessary...
?
? Miami, Fl has more than 47 languages :-\
?
? I can git by speaking swampbilly down there.

I thought Spanish was normal in Florida.

Maybe in Miami.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Some years ago, one of my church classes was having a look at ancient
Jewish society. One of the things the teacher mentioned was that in
the old days, the Jews made a very pronounced practice of returning
evil with evil. One person would be offended, and would return the
offense (accidental, or intentional) with every manner of anger,
hatred, persecution, and reviling that was possible.

Of course, the person who committed the initial offense may or may
not have meant any harm. But, it was left to the first person to
respond with greater anger, etc.

When the wise man Jesus Christ of Nazareth came along, he taught of
forgiveness, and tolerance of others. It was a new concept, to the
Jews. Who were used to retuning every small slight with loads of
anger.

From what I gather, you're continuing in the tradition of old. You've
got a bit of work ahead of you. I consider most of the people on alt
home repair to be my friends. You will be obliged to load anger,
hatred, and persecution on most of them, until the end of time. I'll
help, by pointing out the ones I consider my friends. Read my posts.
As I adress people as "my friend", that will tell you who to slam,
and revile.

We'll see how many alleged friends you have, dip****. I can't imagine anyone
wanting to associate with a fool who has deliberately and with no reason
dumped one of the vilest insults imaginable on at least two completely
innocent posters.

As to your "church class", it was wrong. A "scorched earth" policy for the
slightest affront is absolutely not a part of Jewish teaching, nor has it
ever been.

It is, however, my own personal philosophy.

I suggest that only the most abject fool would put much credence in a Mormon
sunday-school lecture regarding Judiasm. If you want to know something about
Judaism ask a rabbi (or me).

Of course, that fits your style. Your argument is called an "appeal to
authority," except, in this case, your "authority" and your reliance on same
is a cause for great suckage.

At MY house of worship, we invite leaders of other religions to advise us
about their history and teachings. I vividly remember the visiting Mormons.

Question from the audience: "If you 'seal' yourself in the Temple, can you
become gods?"

Answer: "It's hard to imagine what something can become. Who would think,
looking at an insignificant acorn, that someday it could become a mighty
oak..."

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Please consider your own advice. If you want to learn what Jews think, ask a
Rabbi. If you want to learn what Stormin Mormon thinks (or what he meant by
something) be sure to ask him. I notice more than once, below, you are
telling me who I am, what I think, and calling me names.

I sense you have made up your mind, and are not considering anything I say.
I read, below, several times. I don't see any form of, or hint of, asking me
any questions. As such, I won't point out any of your errors, and I won't
make any statements as to what I believe / meant by that / think now.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 7, 9:24*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Please consider your own advice. If you want to learn what Jews think, ask a
Rabbi. If you want to learn what Stormin Mormon thinks (or what he meant by
something) be sure to ask him. I notice more than once, below, you are
telling me who I am, what I think, and calling me names.

I sense you have made up your mind, and are not considering anything I say.
I read, below, several times. I don't see any form of, or hint of, asking me
any questions. As such, I won't point out any of your errors, and I won't
make any statements as to what I believe / meant by that / think now.

HB is what we call barking mad. I think he is captive in a loony bin
& sometimes he doesn't get his medication.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 8, 6:53*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:55:48 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 4/6/2012 8:54 AM, wrote:
On Apr 5, 5:23 pm, *wrote:
On 4/5/2012 3:22 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

* *wrote in message
I hope the OP recognizes (somehow I doubt he will) that the current
US right-wing propaganda machine (i.e. think tanks, talk radio, fox
news, etc.) is using all of these tactics. I appreciate a good
argument from an intelligent conservative, but the above tactics are
precisely what tells me something evil is going on in the right
wing.

The right does have to keep up with the left, after all.

It really bothers me that both sides claim there is no room for
compromise...

I was brought up believing politics was the ART of compromise.

Did the founding fathers compromise with the British?
Did Lincoln compromise with the Confederacy?
Did JFK compromise with George Wallace?

Compromise is great when it's possible. *Sometimes the
differences are so great that it isn't possible.

War of Independence
Civil War
Race War

Is that all you've got?

Did Truman compromise with Hitler and Tojo?

Yes.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 22:38:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Did anyone mention that Stormin is a ...Mormon?

You spelled that wrong. He's a Moron!!!
(there's only one "M" in the word).

He is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Lets see. Following list protocol and tradition. What kind of reply should I
write?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
news On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 22:38:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Did anyone mention that Stormin is a ...Mormon?

You spelled that wrong. He's a Moron!!!
(there's only one "M" in the word).

He is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Please consider your own advice. If you want to learn what Jews
think, ask a Rabbi. If you want to learn what Stormin Mormon thinks
(or what he meant by something) be sure to ask him. I notice more
than once, below, you are telling me who I am, what I think, and
calling me names.

I sense you have made up your mind, and are not considering anything
I say. I read, below, several times. I don't see any form of, or hint
of, asking me any questions. As such, I won't point out any of your
errors, and I won't make any statements as to what I believe / meant
by that / think now.

Several points, fool.

1. I don't give a **** what you think; I pay attention to what you
publically proclaim. I can't read your mind - and, if your public utterings
are any indication - I wouldn't want to.

2. I follow the facts. The facts in this case, every single one, reveal you
are a political and intellectual degenerate.

3. I consider EVERYTHING you say, espectially the part where you claimed I
was a nazi and that you have not backed away from that outrage one iota.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Oren wrote:

Stormin Mormon, you need to heed your own signature. A discussion
where people don't agree can be conducted WITHOUT attitudes and name
calling. When you do so, any points you make are negated by these
tactics.

Well said, Mr. Carter. Outstanding.

The Mormons I know don't act like Chris.

Agreed. One should not attribute characteristics of one person to the group
to which that person belongs (generally). Mormon teachings place high
emphasis on righteous conduct (charity, justice, loving kindness, and so
on). In my view, Mormonism is a good and holy road to God.

Stormin Mormon is an abberation and a stain on his faith. By tying his
actions so publically to his faith on this group, he runs the risk of
causing the less discerning to attribute (erroneously) his disgusting
behavior to the teachings of a group he loves.

That these easily-influenced are wrong doesn't diminish the fact that some
harm befalls the Mormon Church in general.

Truly regrettable. And could have been avoided.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

I read your writing, twice. As you have not asked any questions, I won't
provide any further information. I encourage you to continue the vitriol,
and personal attacks.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Excellent! Please continue.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Oren wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 07:28:17 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Stormin Mormon, you need to heed your own signature. A discussion
where people don't agree can be conducted WITHOUT attitudes and name
calling. When you do so, any points you make are negated by these
tactics.

Well said, Mr. Carter. Outstanding.

The Mormons I know don't act like Chris.

Agreed. One should not attribute characteristics of one person to the group
to which that person belongs (generally). Mormon teachings place high
emphasis on righteous conduct (charity, justice, loving kindness, and so
on). In my view, Mormonism is a good and holy road to God.

"... when you find a perfect church, don't join it. The Church won't
be perfect anymore!" -- Dr. Emit O. Ray, Riverside Baptist Church.

Stormin Mormon is an abberation and a stain on his faith. By tying his
actions so publically to his faith on this group, he runs the risk of
causing the less discerning to attribute (erroneously) his disgusting
behavior to the teachings of a group he loves.

Religion worn on his sleeves.

That these easily-influenced are wrong doesn't diminish the fact that some
harm befalls the Mormon Church in general.

Truly regrettable. And could have been avoided.

True. He owes you a public apology.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Scroll back up to
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2012 8:51 AM
and read the public apology. No longer owed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Oren" wrote in message

True. He owes you a public apology.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Avoidable, if you had asked "so....... " rather than returning
offense, with greater offense.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

Truly regrettable. And could have been avoided.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:11:56 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

You can find it, yourself. If I repost it, you'll accuse me of forgery.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Oren" wrote in message

Post what you said. I don't have to look up your apology.

Don't try and wiggle out now!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 17:46:29 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

You can find it, yourself. If I repost it, you'll accuse me of forgery.

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

Post what you said. I don't have to look up your apology.

Don't try and wiggle out now!

Chris, at this time in the thread I could accuse you of being a dummy.
Your actions are what make you look like a coward, less than honest or
sincere. Sit in the corner and **** yourself.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Plonk!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Oren" wrote in message

Chris, at this time in the thread I could accuse you of being a dummy.
Your actions are what make you look like a coward, less than honest or
sincere. Sit in the corner and **** yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:06:08 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I always wondered where cops got the expression "to tune someone up"

from.

It comes from _tradition_. Attitude adjustment, "please don't hit me
no more, boss".

I know that. It was a joke. He said " It was a new concept, to the Jews.
Who were used to retuning every small slight with loads of anger."
Retuning - tuneup.

You had to be there . . .

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want to learn what Stormin Mormon thinks (or what he meant by
something) be sure to ask him.

OK. I'll play. What did you mean when you called HeyBub a Nazi for writing
"I call Godwin?"

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:36:00 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Plonk!

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

Chris, at this time in the thread I could accuse you of being a dummy.
Your actions are what make you look like a coward, less than honest or
sincere. Sit in the corner and **** yourself.

Your bat, your ball. Now run along to the house.

Ya Plonkasuras...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 16:11:56 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want to learn what Stormin Mormon thinks (or what he meant by
something) be sure to ask him.

OK. I'll play. What did you mean when you called HeyBub a Nazi for writing
"I call Godwin?"

FWIW, I didn't read it that way at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Who is it? (Apology to the lists)

One of the shorcomings of text only lists such as this. The emotional
content, inflection, and level of intensity doesn't come through very well.
I've had many moments, such as this, when I make a mistake, and then totally
misread the reply, and make more mistakes. Thus inflaming a situation.
Please know that I meant no offense. I know what it is like to want to
offend someone, and I have not done so, yet, on this list.

It should be obvious to those who read my posts, that I have very poor
social skills. This was noted by various counsellors, teachers, school
officials, neighbors, etc. I won't go into a lot of detail, but it's been a
concern all my life.

In any case, many of you readers are courteous, adept, graceful, and on
topic. My lack of grace has led to an uproar. The bad feelings and upset
have interfered with your day, and have not brought peace and love into your
lives. To you, gentle readers, I am quite sorry. Please accept my heartfelt
apology. I also ask your forgiveness in advance, as I'm sure to write
something clumsy again, and again.

To those who continue to attack, revile, curse, name call, etc. I hope that
some day you find peace within your self, and are able to live in harmony
with others.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 23:06:07 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

[...]

Noted. Maybe I haven't read enough of your posts but what I have
read, I find your humor different but amusing. Hopefully my opinion
won't change as I read more of your posts.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the top-posting.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 9, 4:06*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
[...]

Hey you're entitled to your opinions. I don't believe you've said
anything offensive. Some people can't stand the truth.

There are some stupid, egostitical strutting, thin skinned, twerps
here.
I don't worry in the least about the crap that goes on here.

You Yanks are weird *******s.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 9, 2012 1:06:23 AM UTC-5, harry wrote:

Hey you're entitled to your opinions. I don't believe you've said
anything offensive. Some people can't stand the truth.

There are some stupid, egostitical strutting, thin skinned, twerps
here.
I don't worry in the least about the crap that goes on here.

You Yanks are weird *******s.

True...compared to some of the vitriol that spews forth from your gob.
Stormy is more..."I guess I stepped-in-it this time!" person.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You're right. Over the years I've seen some people get mad at others
for top posting. I think if you only do it on occasion, no problem
but do it often and you face the wrath of some.